Southwest Florida clubs - tryout information

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only club that have shown staying power are the North Florida Recreational Knights, Lehigh Recreational Lightning, Cape Coral Cyclones, Lee County Strikers and recently the Florida Fire. Everything else is a flash in the pants with no staying power.

The Lee County Strikers seem to be on a big down swing, no other clubs should be taken serisouly.

If you want to play for fun go to NFM Knighs or Lehigh Lightning, if you want serious competitive ball go to Fire or Cyclones.

Adrenaline? I'm still laughing.

Comment

A few questions to asks before and or after trying out:

1. Who is the coach and qualifications.

2. How many teams will they be coaching.

3. What league will they be playing in.

4. What tournaments will they be playing in.

5. What and how does the pricing, costing structure work.

6. How many team practices a week will there be.

7. What results did you have the previous season.

8. Do you talk to and or communicate with any college programs.

9. When you lose, how many times do you use the development excuse even though you're on a U16 team.

10. Good luck, this is SWFL, the queens of dysfunctional soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Haven't been in the SWFL soccer too long from what I read, the Adrenaline? You can't taken serious with such an absurd statement.

Anything else is dead? Back to back ignorant statements, only thing you got right is that the Knights are on a down slide.
        knights on a down slide...compared to what...the striker blowing up, san carlos barley holding up by a few teams, adrenaline is still a post rec academy....The Knights are the only club in the area with an upside! Just look at the number of teams and coaches jumping ship and coming over because the what opportunities are be offered. Not to mention what is currently happening with the overall program direction.

Comment

Adrenaline is a joke

More fans show up for the Optimist U6 championship game than the PDL games at Palmetto Ridge, Adrenaline will be short lived in SWFL, weak coach and ownership with zero credibility, stay away from the youth programs

Comment

I am laughing as well

The only club that have shown staying power are the North Florida Recreational Knights, Lehigh Recreational Lightning, Cape Coral Cyclones, Lee County Strikers and recently the Florida Fire. Everything else is a flash in the pants with no staying power.

The Lee County Strikers seem to be on a big down swing, no other clubs should be taken serisouly.

If you want to play for fun go to NFM Knighs or Lehigh Lightning, if you want serious competitive ball go to Fire or Cyclones.

Adrenaline? I'm still laughing.
            Adrenaline, whatever

Comment

knights on a down slide...compared to what...the striker blowing up, san carlos barley holding up by a few teams, adrenaline is still a post rec academy....The Knights are the only club in the area with an upside! Just look at the number of teams and coaches jumping ship and coming over because the what opportunities are be offered. Not to mention what is currently happening with the overall program direction.
              What have they done in their short three year existence to justify this "upside" other than have 10 DOC's?

Comment

I would not bury the Knights yet. They will likely be the recipient of the many players from Strikers and Adrenaline. The Strikers seem to be self destructing based on some emails I have forwarded today. Also many families are not staying with adrenaline since they will not be FYSA.
                1. I think that it looks like the knight players are leaving to the Fire and Adrenaline.
                2. I think that Naples Optimist Travel is losing teams that they had last year with kids being totally turned off from soccer from the experience and will refill with their rec. leagues which will have happy parents until the mercy games begin again.
                3. I think that the Strikers will merge with the Adrenaline. It is a great move for both clubs.

Comment

the first of many bridges that JR burned was with strikers

Comment

If the Strikers or for that matter any club have anything to do with JR and the Adrenaline they will be sunk in less than a year.

Comment

the first of many bridges that JR burned was with strikers
                      Very true. But did he burn it with the former DOC or the Judge in charge?

The strikers are a mess for the moment. The coaching changes they made are not upgrades. They seemed to have not retained Coach Bost who had their only decent girls team and Coach Cipriani who had their only decent boys team.

But still agree, I not see Adrenaline merging into Strikers as long as JR is in charge. He does not respect his supervisors or board of directors very well.

Comment

1. I think that it looks like the knight players are leaving to the Fire and Adrenaline.
                        2. I think that Naples Optimist Travel is losing teams that they had last year with kids being totally turned off from soccer from the experience and will refill with their rec. leagues which will have happy parents until the mercy games begin again.
                        3. I think that the Strikers will merge with the Adrenaline. It is a great move for both clubs.
                        I think you dont know your ____ from a hole in the ground.

Knights lost all they players they were to lose to adrenaline last season when JR. took his ball and went home. I'm Hearing the last years Adrenaline/Bonita U15 girls team ( yes the one that was in the paper for the wrong reasons) is moving back to Knights. Although Fire is possible to get them as well. Both clubs have named good coaches for U16 girls in an effort to attract them.

Strikers are on a big downswing right now but I don't see them partnering with JR again this season. He's been there before and took a team or two with him to start the Knights 3-4 years ago. The Strikers certainly could use a good dose of JR's marketing efforts though.

Comment

Very true. But did he burn it with the former DOC or the Judge in charge?

The strikers are a mess for the moment. The coaching changes they made are not upgrades. They seemed to have not retained Coach Bost who had their only decent girls team and Coach Cipriani who had their only decent boys team.

But still agree, I not see Adrenaline merging into Strikers as long as JR is in charge. He does not respect his supervisors or board of directors very well.
                          FYSA would not approve of JRs involvement in another club nor the merger of his US Club operations with another FYSA club, also, he is still serving his suspension for a red card and cannot have any involvement in youth soccer through the end of June

Comment

I'm Hearing the last years Adrenaline/Bonita U15 girls team ( yes the one that was in the paper for the wrong reasons) is moving back to Knights. Although Fire is possible to get them as well. Both clubs have named good coaches for U16 girls in an effort to attract them.
                            What league will the rising U16 girls be playing in? RG looks to be the coach at the Fire who will be the coach at the Knights?

I'd imagine either clubs have to be weary of those parents, do they make them sign a no sue clause before tryouts?

Comment

I'd imagine either clubs have to be weary of those parents, do they make them sign a no sue clause before tryouts?
                              Why do those clubs do bad things?

Comment

Why do those clubs do bad things?
                                Eeek, trouble already brewing, run Fire run Knights.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X