Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I believe if you have a good player, Orlando city is the best for the elite player or even potential good player. If your kid is more recreational then you should go by location.
    That's because you have bought into the hype, the Likelyhood of your 'elite' kid making DA is slim, even slimmer getting a boys college scholarship and even less going pro. The carrot of DA and maybe seeing kaka Is the only reason why kids are there, when kids don't make that or get pushed down the pecking order from kids developed elsewhere, dreams are shattered. There are only so many spots on the top roster, why sit on the bench in their development years, why play on p2 or white ayears when they can get good coaching at the other clubs and actually play for large portions of time. Best kid for me in 04/05 in the Orlando area is one of LA's boys who are now at FKK, amazing player and I've seen plenty of OC at that age group and the rising u12. Lots of those kids are from elsewhere, which means they had obviously adequate training at 'recreational' clubs to be able to come in and push kids who might have come when OC started.

Comment

That's because you have bought into the hype, the Likelyhood of your 'elite' kid making DA is slim, even slimmer getting a boys college scholarship and even less going pro. The carrot of DA and maybe seeing kaka Is the only reason why kids are there, when kids don't make that or get pushed down the pecking order from kids developed elsewhere, dreams are shattered. There are only so many spots on the top roster, why sit on the bench in their development years, why play on p2 or white ayears when they can get good coaching at the other clubs and actually play for large portions of time. Best kid for me in 04/05 in the Orlando area is one of LA's boys who are now at FKK, amazing player and I've seen plenty of OC at that age group and the rising u12. Lots of those kids are from elsewhere, which means they had obviously adequate training at 'recreational' clubs to be able to come in and push kids who might have come when OC started.
      Better to play on a competitive club team than sit on the bench on a DA. 100% agree. The club player will be better. No player develops or improves riding the bench. This really applies at 9 but still applies at 15.

Comment

You are kidding and nice push for fkk but the best u10s are at oc. I don't buy into hype but just being honest. After seeing these teams play against my kids, there are 3 or 4 better at oc than even the best kid I saw on any of the gcf teams. If you are in the oc top 2 teams, I would go to oc but I don't know enough about the other coaches below that to make a judgement. Has anybody had experience with the white team coaches ?

Comment

You are kidding and nice push for fkk but the best u10s are at oc. I don't buy into hype but just being honest. After seeing these teams play against my kids, there are 3 or 4 better at oc than even the best kid I saw on any of the gcf teams. If you are in the oc top 2 teams, I would go to oc but I don't know enough about the other coaches below that to make a judgement. Has anybody had experience with the white team coaches ?
          Yes I have

Comment

Depends which teams your kid played, if he was u1o playing 6v6 he wasn't playing either the best u10's from OC or FKK or GOSA all playing up at u11. I don't deny p3 as they called themselves are fantastic yet only 4 are on the team that started as a u8 side when OC came into existence my kid has played them twice or more games a year each year and the turnover of kids has been tremendous. (We are not with FKK) OC have benefited from parents thinking if they have a good player they must be at OC, well the difference in quality between p1 and p2 is quite the gulf. You say go to p2 as they are still better well FKK Barcelona the current true FKK u10 team beat them in gcf u11 d2. and those kids are not the top u10 kids at that club. My point is at the younger ages playing is the best development and if you are on a roster with lots of boys and not getting the field time I feel it's to the decrement to that's kids potential and I just don't buy that OC is the only place in Orlando that you can find good technical coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X