X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer School?

Hi Everyone,

I recently received an email regarding a new "Soccer School" coming to Tampa......any feedback/thoughts would be appreciated!!!! (email is below).

As an alternative to traditional public schooling for committed and elite local
    players, after a highly successful first year at our Palm Coast Campus,
    Pro-Sports Pathways, Center of Excellence is excited to announce that they will
    be opening a new West Coast campus in the Fall of 2015.

This comprehensive school program provides a developmental environment, similar
    to those found in youth academies at professional soccer clubs around the world.
    The full-time school provides players with a full nine months of consistent,
    high level development, training, and education.

This soccer-specific program
    includes a daily regimen of individual and group training, soccer specific
    conditioning, speed and strength training, and an on going, individualized
    assessment and feedback process.

On Friday, February 27th at 7pm, we will be hosting an informative meeting to
    allow those interested in the program to learn more. The meeting will be hosted
    at the Clarion Hotel and Conference Center in Brandon. I have attached a flyer
    for the meeting. Below you will also find a short promo video that should give
    you an idea of what the program looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr4jRb1i-kI

For more info, please visit http://prosportspathways.com/center-excellence/

Thanks for your time,

Ryan Maloney
    Executive Director
    Professional Sports Pathways
    Ryan@prosportspathways.com
    (386)451-1214

Interesting concept. Cool video!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hi Everyone,

I recently received an email regarding a new "Soccer School" coming to Tampa......any feedback/thoughts would be appreciated!!!! (email is below).

to those found in youth academies at professional soccer clubs around the world.

Thanks for your time,

Ryan Maloney
      Executive Director
      (386)451-1214
      when the director looks younger than my 19 yo, we got problems! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Get schooled by the soccer school, baby!!

Comment

Working on the video for my new Soccer University. We will be able to take advantage of all those federal loans and load them up to their eyeballs with federal backed debt!!! We are going to be so rich!!

Comment

when the director looks younger than my 19 yo, we got problems! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
            If only he was 60 with white hair!!!

Comment

If only he was 60 with white hair!!!
              No that's the dad that deals with the traveling......😝

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your time,

Ryan Maloney
                Executive Director
                (386)451-1214
                A school for future mechanics, Publix baggers, and Slurpee servers at 7-11.

There are a number of kids in the central Florida going to similar schools whose parents think that it will get them to be the next soccer star. These kids are absolute space cadets that can't add 2 + 2 and after maybe playing college soccer will not have enough sense to get a job.

Let's get serious parents, if your kid is going to be the next one, then he will be the next one. However, don't short change your kids education to kick a ball around.

Comment

A school for future mechanics, Publix baggers, and Slurpee servers at 7-11.

There are a number of kids in the central Florida going to similar schools whose parents think that it will get them to be the next soccer star. These kids are absolute space cadets that can't add 2 + 2 and after maybe playing college soccer will not have enough sense to get a job.

Let's get serious parents, if your kid is going to be the next one, then he will be the next one. However, don't short change your kids education to kick a ball around.
                  They aren't a "school" if you read more closely they are partnered with florida virtual school, both my kids went through flvs and they really enjoyed it and both did very well. Seems to use the flexibility of flvs and mix that with like minded kids to create a healthy social and active environment!!!! GREAT idea!!!

Comment

Same school in Palm Coast

I recently posted the same information for the school in Palm Coast. The Tampa school is the same people running it using the same concept. They have a local director running the Tampa program. The plan is to really expand the pool of talented players for cross training between the two schools. This will be the 2nd year in Palm Coast. Read above for a information of FLVS. Here are some soccer facts:

* 44 (5th through 8th grade) kids enrolled from 8 separate clubs. They are expanding to 11th grade in Palm Coast next year.
                    * complete soccer development (e.g., skills, fitness, strength, nutrition, mental). No games, just training.
                    * 6 week tailored goals per student with qualitative and quantitative specific feedback to each student and parent. The kids get rated every day and have to self evaluate. This tool and feedback is EXCELLENT.
                    * Girls have already visited Florida Gators and FSU. Boys have visited Clemson and soon to visit Duke. The coaches spent the FULL DAY with the students. The local DA team when visiting Clemson. They lost 5-0 but that's not bad considering they never stepped foot on the field together as a team.

You should definitely check it out to see if it's right for your family. You can probably arrange to spend a day at the Palm Coast school.

Good luck!

Comment

The "school" part is through Florida virtual school. If you care about your child's education, do NOT do this to them.

Comment

The "school" part is through Florida virtual school. If you care about your child's education, do NOT do this to them.
                        Why not? Have heard good things about the fl virtual school. Do tell.

Comment

Why not? Have heard good things about the fl virtual school. Do tell.
                          Fl virtual school is basically remedial classes. Had to take one virtual class as part of high school and was a piece of case compared to their real classes. Would not prepare student well for college

Comment

Fl virtual school is basically remedial classes. Had to take one virtual class as part of high school and was a piece of case compared to their real classes. Would not prepare student well for college
                            I spoke to a coach in Palm Coast who had about eight players in this program. He had mixed feelings regarding the possible burnout rate. Very positive about the soccer development. I've seen highly successful virtual school students and basically understand that you get out what you put in. If you take low level subjects you get low quality learning.

Comment

Ok, that helps to know how much research you have done or knowledge you have. one class.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X