Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why would you take a Masters Degree when the professors do not have top european experience or record of developing top players? Also, do you really need a Masters to coach youth soccer in America? I will break it for you...Travel soccer level in Florida is recreational soccer everywhere else. The only difference is you are paying higher fees. Playing at these levels US will not win a WC. But we will always have the american dream...won't we?
    Good question. Why would a coach want to know more about coaching? Silly, isn`t it?

Comment

This whole thread is silly. I took some of the licensure courses, and you know what? You pretty much are guaranteed to pass for just attending. I understand it is different at the higher levels, but the lower level licenses are worthless. You don't learn any more from them than what you can learn by reading articles and investigating new types of drills on your own. Those licenses are not an indicator of whether a coach can spot problems and TEACH kids how to fix them.

Footwork will come with repetition, and kids in the street can teach it to themselves without any license involved. Yes, you can guide that development by setting up drills that require multiple touches on the ball, but do you need a license to realize that? Beyond that, its all about your ability to teach, tactics, and showing them how the game changes as it is played, and how to respond to those changes. And no piece of paper hanging on the wall, or even juggling ability, is an indicator that the owner of that license, or the juggler, can do any of these things.

Look for the coach who has helped their team improve faster than their peers. That's it. That's all you should look for. Want a good coach? Look at their body of work.

Comment

This whole thread is silly. I took some of the licensure courses, and you know what? You pretty much are guaranteed to pass for just attending. I understand it is different at the higher levels, but the lower level licenses are worthless. You don't learn any more from them than what you can learn by reading articles and investigating new types of drills on your own. Those licenses are not an indicator of whether a coach can spot problems and TEACH kids how to fix them.

Footwork will come with repetition, and kids in the street can teach it to themselves without any license involved. Yes, you can guide that development by setting up drills that require multiple touches on the ball, but do you need a license to realize that? Beyond that, its all about your ability to teach, tactics, and showing them how the game changes as it is played, and how to respond to those changes. And no piece of paper hanging on the wall, or even juggling ability, is an indicator that the owner of that license, or the juggler, can do any of these things.

Look for the coach who has helped their team improve faster than their peers. That's it. That's all you should look for. Want a good coach? Look at their body of work.

Kudos to the coaches who "helped their teams improve faster than their peers." However, before using that as a measure, we should probably look into the coaching quality of the "peers." Just because one is able to improve a team when compared to the other teams means one is a good coach. The other teams could possibly be coached by a coach with NO soccer experience. Getting a C in a class when the rest of the class gets an F may look good, but let's see how that C student performs in a class with A students.

There is a LOT to learn from taking coaching courses. Kudos to the coaches who took the time and the $$ to further their education before taking parents $$ to coach. That in itself says a lot to me as a parent.

I think you should take some of the higher level courses. Good luck thinking it's a guaranteed pass for just showing up.....

Comment

Spoken by someone who probably doesn't have a license and is to lazy to get one...

Comment

Spoken by someone who probably doesn't have a license and is to lazy to get one...
            *too

At least I'm literate. :)

Comment

How can I get a copy of my USSF D license

Comment

How do I get a copy of my lost USSf D license for Kentucky youth sports

Comment

certification for coaches at our club is a pulse. All coaches are required to have a training kit. Training kit items include multi color cones and pennies

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X