Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They're not protesting the nation - they're protesting unequal treatment for some Americans. They want a better nation.
    No nation is perfect. Every government has it flaws. However in my opinion, standing and saluting or placing your hand over your heart, while the national anthem is being played is a sign of respect to the country, the soldiers and all those who have and continue to give their lives to support our current and new freedoms and rights. If players on privately owned sports teams choose to kneel and the owners of those teams are fine with it, then so be it. We as fans can choose not to watch or support those teams if we disagree. But if players on a national team choose to kneel, then I agree that they should not be playing. The players represents our country and are not there to represent or promote their views.

Comment

No nation is perfect. Every government has it flaws. However in my opinion, standing and saluting or placing your hand over your heart, while the national anthem is being played is a sign of respect to the country, the soldiers and all those who have and continue to give their lives to support our current and new freedoms and rights. If players on privately owned sports teams choose to kneel and the owners of those teams are fine with it, then so be it. We as fans can choose not to watch or support those teams if we disagree. But if players on a national team choose to kneel, then I agree that they should not be playing. The players represents our country and are not there to represent or promote their views.
      Its very convenient for you to say when you are not the one being affected by the issues.

its nice to have a seat inside the house while its raining and tell people who are outside that they don't need an umbrella.

Comment

Doesnt sound like you like the sport. Don’t watch it. Watch the National Anthem channel on YouTube. It’s a free country.

Comment

Its very convenient for you to say when you are not the one being affected by the issues.

its nice to have a seat inside the house while its raining and tell people who are outside that they don't need an umbrella.
          Not true. I am a minority that has absolutely experienced discrimination.

Comment

Doesnt sound like you like the sport. Don’t watch it. Watch the National Anthem channel on YouTube. It’s a free country.
            Typical passive aggressive response from closed-minded person.

Comment

Not true. I am a minority that has absolutely experienced discrimination.
              so am I but I'm not African American or black....Big difference

Comment

Perfectly stated! I couldn’t agree more!

Comment

Perfectly stated! I couldn’t agree more!
                  Another person with a seat inside while its raining.

In the 60's during the civil rights movement, the same questions were asked about the marchers in Selma by the white establishment.. Your marches make me uncomfortable and such unrest. Isn't there a better way to protest without upsetting so many people

answer
                  what makes you personally uncomfortable is always the best way, otherwise you wouldn't notice.

Peaceful and uncomfortable

Comment

BRAVO! The players on the national team represent our country - completely different than pro sports that are privately owned. If you can’t stand for the country you play for - you shouldn’t have the privilege of taking the field - quit the team and go do some real good out in the real world. Lots of people that would take your place. Entitled athletes disrespecting our country it’s nauseating.

Comment

BRAVO! The players on the national team represent our country - completely different than pro sports that are privately owned. If you can’t stand for the country you play for - you shouldn’t have the privilege of taking the field - quit the team and go do some real good out in the real world. Lots of people that would take your place. Entitled athletes disrespecting our country it’s nauseating.
                      How come I bet that all of you are white-who have no idea what it means to be Black in this country.

I wish you were just as upset about what's going on in this country as you are about the peaceful kneeling.

Just think if you were just as upset, there would be no need for kneeling.

Comment

How come I bet that all of you are white-who have no idea what it means to be Black in this country.

I wish you were just as upset about what's going on in this country as you are about the peaceful kneeling.

Just think if you were just as upset, there would be no need for kneeling.
                        Your first statement has racial connotations.

Since when is believing to stand during the national anthem symbolic of acceptance of racial injustice?

Comment

Your first statement has racial connotations.

Since when is believing to stand during the national anthem symbolic of acceptance of racial injustice?
                          Often you can tell what a person stands for when their outrage is more centered on the peaceful action that a people take because of injustice rather than the pain that led them to that action.

it doesn't mean that one is for racial injustice, it just means, they are indifferent enough to make the flag the issue , when they should be angrier about the injustice.

Comment

Often you can tell what a person stands for when their outrage is more centered on the peaceful action that a people take because of injustice rather than the pain that led them to that action.

it doesn't mean that one is for racial injustice, it just means, they are indifferent enough to make the flag the issue , when they should be angrier about the injustice.
                            I can see your point. I don't have any outrage nor animosity toward the peaceful action. My disagreement is with the choice of application of the action. The representation of a nation in a national event is to symbolize unity of a nation. By applying a peaceful action in a unification event whereby that peaceful action symbolizes change and disagreement, to me that's the opposite of unity. But thank you for this benevolent debate. I wish there were more constructive discussions like this rather than destructive criticism.

Comment

The US flag stands for freedom-freedom to peacefully protest. You also have the right to protest the protest peacefully. Isn’t this a beautiful country.
                              You also have to right to leave so gtfoh if you don't like it. Where is there a better place? I wonder if Rome fell because of crazy liberalism?

Comment

You also have to right to leave so gtfoh if you don't like it. Where is there a better place? I wonder if Rome fell because of crazy liberalism?
                                You have no clue why Rome fell and should gtfoh

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X