Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What other MA clubs? I know of at least two that are still going.
    There are a smattering of clubs U15 and up that are going, including Juventus. They have a website and everything where you all can go and look. I've already posted it once here. Or use google.

At the lower ages most clubs decided to skip it early. Juventus and Surf hung on to the dream but ended up pulling out almost certainly due to the complications around traveling during covid.

Not for nothing but asking parents of middle schoolers to drop $1000 to sit in a hotel for a weekend, play 3 or 4 games and then come home and quarantine their kids for a week is actually a pretty big ask!

Or stay home and play in FC Stars and/or NEFC spring showcases and sleep in our own beds and play almost as much soccer?

It's not that hard of a decision.

Comment

There are a smattering of clubs U15 and up that are going, including Juventus. They have a website and everything where you all can go and look. I've already posted it once here. Or use google.

At the lower ages most clubs decided to skip it early. Juventus and Surf hung on to the dream but ended up pulling out almost certainly due to the complications around traveling during covid.

Not for nothing but asking parents of middle schoolers to drop $1000 to sit in a hotel for a weekend, play 3 or 4 games and then come home and quarantine their kids for a week is actually a pretty big ask!

Or stay home and play in FC Stars and/or NEFC spring showcases and sleep in our own beds and play almost as much soccer?

It's not that hard of a decision.
      Nobody has to quarantine when they return. Fake news

Comment

Nobody has to quarantine when they return. Fake news
        you may not agree with the MA covid travel rules but that doesn't mean they don't exist. and on top of that you also have your local school covid rules which will vary but also aren't fake.

Comment

Yep. Club made the decision unilaterally, didn't ask the parents if they wanted to go or not... just pulled the teams, told parents to cancel their hotels and try and use the plane tickets for another trip, and then blamed Covid. What BS. Club is a joke. They were afraid of playing real competition at one of the biggest tournaments in the country where their teams will get blown out and show parents how much of a little fish they are in soccer.

The girls side is tier 4 at best behind ECNL, GAL, and DPL and the boys side is an even bigger joke since they pretend they can compete with MLS NEXT (here's a hint, they can't). I'd have more respect for their boys program if they actually told the truth instead of pretending... it's mid-level club soccer where 99% won't go on to even play in college at D3. Take a look at the Juventus of Boston website and social media. Where are the college commits? There are none. Can't get players committed to college, you think the 1st team in Italy is scouting? What a joke.
          I'm not a Juve parent but this is beyond silly. The boys teams that came over from GPS were the best in the state and certainly on par with Bolts and GPS. There is obviously still a shakeout happening on the boys side but there are 100 quality players in each age group and they can't all play at Bolts.

The decision not to go to Jeff Cup was dumb but who can blame them. We have parents worrying about "variants" and quarantining.

Comment

you may not agree with the MA covid travel rules but that doesn't mean they don't exist. and on top of that you also have your local school covid rules which will vary but also aren't fake.
            Employers enforce the rules too.

Comment

I'm not a Juve parent but this is beyond silly. The boys teams that came over from GPS were the best in the state and certainly on par with Bolts and GPS. There is obviously still a shakeout happening on the boys side but there are 100 quality players in each age group and they can't all play at Bolts.

The decision not to go to Jeff Cup was dumb but who can blame them. We have parents worrying about "variants" and quarantining.
              if you are really this worried about your 12 year old not going to one tournament... smh

Comment

wait- you are saying Bolts boys U15 and lower going to to the Jeff Cup? (spoiler alert- they aren't)

Comment

What other MA clubs? I know of at least two that are still going.
                  I believe all Mass clubs have now backed out.

Comment

I believe all Mass clubs have now backed out.
                    Soft.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X