Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New Jersey

Notices

New Jersey Discussions about New Jersey soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-12-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Who is coaching/training? I would consider this based on this answer.
I heard from someone who attended tryout that it was Ryan same coach as 2009 and 2011. He wants to build the whole age group.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

They are being very selective forming this team. My daughter is a high-level player at another 3 letter club nearby and didnít receive an offer after tryouts.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
They are being very selective forming this team. My daughter is a high-level player at another 3 letter club nearby and didnít receive an offer after tryouts.
That's because it was a blanket invite to kids he knew/heard about, so don't feel bad. This is just like the beginning of his 09 and 11 teams. He's trying to grab as much local talent as possible for an initial team, and then use whatever wins he gets initially to recruit the next batch to phase out the initial signings and continuing from there. It's a clever system that parents at the other age groups already understand is a sham.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I heard from someone who attended tryout that it was Ryan same coach as 2009 and 2011. He wants to build the whole age group.
... and we're out now. Joining this team isn't worth the drama, plus I think my kid will do much better developing elsewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's because it was a blanket invite to kids he knew/heard about, so don't feel bad. This is just like the beginning of his 09 and 11 teams. He's trying to grab as much local talent as possible for an initial team, and then use whatever wins he gets initially to recruit the next batch to phase out the initial signings and continuing from there. It's a clever system that parents at the other age groups already understand is a sham.
My daughter went to the ID Clinic with no prior relationship and received and offer, so not sure this is 100% accurate...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter went to the ID Clinic with no prior relationship and received and offer, so not sure this is 100% accurate...
ID clinics are open invitations to everyone, so that is of course part of it.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Wonder who will be coaching all of these teams? Currently MFA Shore is made up of one coach. Who is already coaching 3 teams, possibly 4 now with whatever just happened to the 2011ís, with many out of state tournaments planned throughout the year.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I heard from someone who attended tryout that it was Ryan same coach as 2009 and 2011. He wants to build the whole age group.
Donít know much about him. Pros/cons?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Donít know much about him. Pros/cons?
There's an entire thread about him already. Make your own call from there. http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=165918
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

We live in the Northern part of NJ. Does not make sense for my daughter to tryout for 2010 Match fix or 2010 CSA. What 2010 girls teams in the north of NJ have the same caliber as those two teams?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.