Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New Jersey

Notices

New Jersey Discussions about New Jersey soccer.

Old 01-12-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Who is coaching/training? I would consider this based on this answer.
I heard from someone who attended tryout that it was Ryan same coach as 2009 and 2011. He wants to build the whole age group.
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered

They are being very selective forming this team. My daughter is a high-level player at another 3 letter club nearby and didnít receive an offer after tryouts.
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
They are being very selective forming this team. My daughter is a high-level player at another 3 letter club nearby and didnít receive an offer after tryouts.
That's because it was a blanket invite to kids he knew/heard about, so don't feel bad. This is just like the beginning of his 09 and 11 teams. He's trying to grab as much local talent as possible for an initial team, and then use whatever wins he gets initially to recruit the next batch to phase out the initial signings and continuing from there. It's a clever system that parents at the other age groups already understand is a sham.
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
I heard from someone who attended tryout that it was Ryan same coach as 2009 and 2011. He wants to build the whole age group.
... and we're out now. Joining this team isn't worth the drama, plus I think my kid will do much better developing elsewhere.
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
That's because it was a blanket invite to kids he knew/heard about, so don't feel bad. This is just like the beginning of his 09 and 11 teams. He's trying to grab as much local talent as possible for an initial team, and then use whatever wins he gets initially to recruit the next batch to phase out the initial signings and continuing from there. It's a clever system that parents at the other age groups already understand is a sham.
My daughter went to the ID Clinic with no prior relationship and received and offer, so not sure this is 100% accurate...
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
My daughter went to the ID Clinic with no prior relationship and received and offer, so not sure this is 100% accurate...
ID clinics are open invitations to everyone, so that is of course part of it.
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered

Wonder who will be coaching all of these teams? Currently MFA Shore is made up of one coach. Who is already coaching 3 teams, possibly 4 now with whatever just happened to the 2011ís, with many out of state tournaments planned throughout the year.
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
Donít know much about him. Pros/cons?
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
Donít know much about him. Pros/cons?
There's an entire thread about him already. Make your own call from there. http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=165918
Old 01-13-2021
Unregistered

We live in the Northern part of NJ. Does not make sense for my daughter to tryout for 2010 Match fix or 2010 CSA. What 2010 girls teams in the north of NJ have the same caliber as those two teams?