Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which teams are traveling to the ECNL Houston showcase in a few weeks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t think these leagues and tournaments understand, or frankly car about, the amount of work this puts club admins and coaches through when they do this. Not to mention families that now have to cancel a few days out. If you are going to cancel, it needs to be 14 days out, minimum. Girls Academy is still doing their event in Austin. Teams are flying as we speak.
    The Houston area weather went downhill quickly, snow in Houston on Monday. 70-100 car pile up north of Houston with 7 deaths because of ice. Good move to cancel it even if a ton time was put into it.

Comment

The Houston area weather went downhill quickly, snow in Houston on Monday. 70-100 car pile up north of Houston with 7 deaths because of ice. Good move to cancel it even if a ton time was put into it.
      Bull****. Move the schedule around to play only on Sat/Sun. Teams wouldn’t be flying out until Tuesday anyways and could stay static in hotels on Monday. That would’ve taken work so they took the easy way out and stuck it to their clubs.

Comment

I don’t think these leagues and tournaments understand, or frankly car about, the amount of work this puts club admins and coaches through when they do this. Not to mention families that now have to cancel a few days out. If you are going to cancel, it needs to be 14 days out, minimum. Girls Academy is still doing their event in Austin. Teams are flying as we speak.
        Brilliant! Bring them in...never mind that it's supposed to snow two out the three days. Never mind that it is forecasted to be 3 degrees on Monday morning. Perfect soccer weather!

Tell you what, I'd rather have it cancelled a few days before and actually get refunds rather than travel only to find out that I'm able to get 1 out of 3 games in.

Comment

Brilliant! Bring them in...never mind that it's supposed to snow two out the three days. Never mind that it is forecasted to be 3 degrees on Monday morning. Perfect soccer weather!

Tell you what, I'd rather have it cancelled a few days before and actually get refunds rather than travel only to find out that I'm able to get 1 out of 3 games in.
          I think west coast people are just desperate for games after a year of pandemic. Austin already is covered in a sheet of ice today. GA should’ve cancelled. I understand why they’d want to try but sense needs to win out even when we’re desperate for soccer. ECNL has more national showcases coming up.

Comment

I think west coast people are just desperate for games after a year of pandemic. Austin already is covered in a sheet of ice today. GA should’ve cancelled. I understand why they’d want to try but sense needs to win out even when we’re desperate for soccer. ECNL has more national showcases coming up.
            Yep, they should have cancelled but parents should also know better. Hope it was worth the $1k bucks a player for those two games. Think about this parents. You just paid over $9000 a game when 90% of the players will sign at schools that are at Crossfire Challenge in a few months. But hey...let’s keep on the pretense that it’s necessary to do this in order to get like-like competition or get visibility.

Comment

Boo-hoo. If you don’t like it don’t go.

Comment

Yep, they should have cancelled but parents should also know better. Hope it was worth the $1k bucks a player for those two games. Think about this parents. You just paid over $9000 a game when 90% of the players will sign at schools that are at Crossfire Challenge in a few months. But hey...let’s keep on the pretense that it’s necessary to do this in order to get like-like competition or get visibility.
                Of course it’s not necessary but if they play in the GA and the tournament wasn’t cancelled, I can’t blame them. Get the games when you can.

Comment

Of course it’s not necessary but if they play in the GA and the tournament wasn’t cancelled, I can’t blame them. Get the games when you can.
                  Unless of course you're one of the teams still stuck in Austin. Suddenly that $1200 for 3 games has turned into $2500 or more for 2 games. But, hey, get the games when you can - especially what is really just an exhibition.

Hopefully no Washington players are still there...

Comment

Unless of course you're one of the teams still stuck in Austin. Suddenly that $1200 for 3 games has turned into $2500 or more for 2 games. But, hey, get the games when you can - especially what is really just an exhibition.

You must feel so righteous and good about yourself, delighting in the misfortune of others.

Comment

Were WA players among the ones stuck in Texas?
                      The games that did get played were played in horrible conditions with ice covered goal nets.
                      That said, those kids that went will have stories for a lifetime.

Comment

Were WA players among the ones stuck in Texas?
                        The games that did get played were played in horrible conditions with ice covered goal nets.
                        That said, those kids that went will have stories for a lifetime.
                        There are Washington players still there and agreed, kids are probably loving it. Parents maybe not so much:)

Comment

You must feel so righteous and good about yourself, delighting in the misfortune of others.
                          I feel bad about the parents who have to pay this extra money and the parents and players that have/had to deal with the frigid temperatures that hit this area.

What I don't feel bad about is if the coach or club leadership gets a ton of grief for making the stupid decision to still go when it was known in advance what the weather would be like. They are the ones who are supposed to know better and be a better steward of team funds. It's almost as if they don't have to pay anything and are traveling on someone else's dime....oh wait!

It'll be a shame if they have players who can't afford to attend any post-season efforts or additional showcases because their resources are tapped out for these 2 games.

To be clear - attending this showcase was NOT in the best interests of these players and coaches and administration should know better. And they can't say that no one could have predicted this...ECNL did - and cancelled.

Comment

I feel bad about the parents who have to pay this extra money and the parents and players that have/had to deal with the frigid temperatures that hit this area.

What I don't feel bad about is if the coach or club leadership gets a ton of grief for making the stupid decision to still go when it was known in advance what the weather would be like. They are the ones who are supposed to know better and be a better steward of team funds. It's almost as if they don't have to pay anything and are traveling on someone else's dime....oh wait!

It'll be a shame if they have players who can't afford to attend any post-season efforts or additional showcases because their resources are tapped out for these 2 games.

To be clear - attending this showcase was NOT in the best interests of these players and coaches and administration should know better. And they can't say that no one could have predicted this...ECNL did - and cancelled.
                            ECNL has been burned on a similar Houston weather weekend so learned their lesson. GA will too from now on.

Comment

ECNL has been burned on a similar Houston weather weekend so learned their lesson. GA will too from now on.
                              Did they? 3 out of 5 years games have been cancelled in Houston. Twice they didnt get any games in.

Comment

To be fair, Ecnl individual clubs were going to go but it was the national organization that cancelled the whole thing at the last minute. If it hadn’t been cancelled, Ecnl teams would’ve gone and been in the same boat as the GA teams. Maybe there will be players who get committed based on the two games. Bet those players think it was worth it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X