Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nescac already cancelled winter sports. I bet they cancel spring too. You really think they are going to say girls soccer, a fall sport, can practice in February and play games. Not happening!
    That was my point - they won't. Schools are trying to stay open and while sports may not be a huge risk they give the appearance of schools not prioritizing academics and the entire student body.

Comment

Soccer is a 3 month season? Your kid doesn’t play d1 obviously.

If so, tell me when she reported to campus for her season and when her last game was please
      Stop antagonizing, dimwitted braggart. Your kids D1 soccer season at Stony Brook is about 3 months long just like D2 and D3 (actually about 2 when weeks longer). They all work out all off-season and then there is a short and very limited spring season which is mostly practices with a handful of games. Again .... Slightly more in D1 than in D2 or D3. Then, after graduation your life Mia can flip burgers or get her ass slapped while taking orders at the greasy spoon she is flouting her new degree at and all of the other kids can bring their careers or grad school years. Glad Stony Brook gave your kid $10k in athletic money per year ..... She will be paying for that for the rest of her life.

Comment

The local D1 conferences are probably going to give it a go. If school is delayed into March, I can’t see a path to a spring soccer season. The plans for every school are already in place, short season, small conference tournament followed by NCAA tournament.

As far as the weather goes, it’s not ideal but if you look at this week, every school could train outside. It’s only a problem when we get below 30 degrees or deal with snow covered fields.

Anyone in the northeast knows that “spring soccer” especially in April is basically winter

Comment

Nescac already cancelled winter sports. I bet they cancel spring too. You really think they are going to say girls soccer, a fall sport, can practice in February and play games. Not happening!
          NESCAC will definitely cancel

I think you’ll see most D1 programs give it go just like you see in women’s basketball. The Ivy came out early in the fall and cancelled and that’s what set everything in motion. The reality is that most conferences regret that move. With reason they all held their kids on campus until Thanksgiving and could have easily navigated a fall season. The regional conferences that don’t have extensive plane travel definitely could have played.

Comment

Ivys are out
            Ivy sports may never happen again

Comment

NESCAC will definitely cancel

I think you’ll see most D1 programs give it go just like you see in women’s basketball. The Ivy came out early in the fall and cancelled and that’s what set everything in motion. The reality is that most conferences regret that move. With reason they all held their kids on campus until Thanksgiving and could have easily navigated a fall season. The regional conferences that don’t have extensive plane travel definitely could have played.
              Any sport that cant make money for the school will be cancelled. Woman's basketball had to hang on because of Title IX.

Comment

Soccer is a 3 month season? Your kid doesn’t play d1 obviously.

If so, tell me when she reported to campus for her season and when her last game was please
                Sept thru nov- contests only
                The tourney lasts longer but you aren’t guaranteed to get in
                Well they were supposed to report on 8-11 and her last game was in 2019

Comment

Any sport that cant make money for the school will be cancelled. Woman's basketball had to hang on because of Title IX.
                  If March madness doesn’t happen the NCAA goes belly up
                  That’s why hoops is on

Comment

This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

The ACC played in the Fall. The ACC champ will play in NCAA Tournament in the Spring.

The number of regular season games are being reduced. My kid plays D1 and instead of 18 games, they're playing 10 in the Spring (league games only). The top two teams in the conference will play for the championship (if you ask me, they should drop that and the regular season champ gets the NCAA bid).

Comment

The ACC played in the Fall. The ACC champ will play in NCAA Tournament in the Spring.

The number of regular season games are being reduced. My kid plays D1 and instead of 18 games, they're playing 10 in the Spring (league games only). The top two teams in the conference will play for the championship (if you ask me, they should drop that and the regular season champ gets the NCAA bid).
                        Are there schedules for the spring yet?

Comment

It’s called google

Comment

Are there schedules for the spring yet?
                            I’m really excited for it. Waiting on pins and needles. We must play college soccer!

Comment

It’s called google
                              Is that new? How do you spell it?

Comment

I’m really excited for it. Waiting on pins and needles. We must play college soccer!
                                If you actually had a kid playing in college you'd know they can't wait to start playing again

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X