Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tsf

Can any parents provide serious info on TSF? I heard mostly good things but also interested in anything people know about it. I have a middle-school son that might try out there.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can any parents provide serious info on TSF? I heard mostly good things but also interested in anything people know about it. I have a middle-school son that might try out there.
    They were a top club 5-10 years ago. They brought back some previous coaches to revive the club. Some good ones. Lee and John. James is good too. Club will be back on the rise in a few years.

Comment

Better on boys side than girls side.. TSF is a bit pricey for the quality offered. if you are looking for top quality soccer ,and league, I would not waste my money at TSF
      On the brighter side, John is a great teacher of the game and has impeccable credentials.
      If he is your sons coach, your son is in very capable hands.

Comment

Better on boys side than girls side.. TSF is a bit pricey for the quality offered. if you are looking for top quality soccer ,and league, I would not waste my money at TSF
        On the brighter side, John is a great teacher of the game and has impeccable credentials.
        If he is your sons coach, your son is in very capable hands.
        how much does it cost?

what clubs in the same area are better than TSF or better for the money?

Comment

how much does it cost?

what clubs in the same area are better than TSF or better for the money?
          How old is your son? Where has he played so far- another club, town soccer, rec?

How talented?

My answer will depend on your answers.

Comment

How old is your son? Where has he played so far- another club, town soccer, rec?

How talented?

My answer will depend on your answers.
            Started with our local travel club then moved to a good EDP club. decent player I think - not Red Bull or nycfc academy level but not too far away from that level I think

Comment

Started with our local travel club then moved to a good EDP club. decent player I think - not Red Bull or nycfc academy level but not too far away from that level I think
              Assuming your child is young enough and not at the DA level, I would look at the STA Boys ECNL team. They are not on a DA club level , however ,the club is at a good level, with college bound players. They have a solid program/infrastructure with many outside turf fields and a bigger indoor facility than TSF. There is good talent within each age group.

But Buyer Beware , your mileage may vary depending on coach and age group.

Good Luck!

Comment

I believe their 2009s are their best age group, but they are not what they used to be 3-5 years ago. They are part of the MLS Next platform which is plus, but they are vastly inferior to RB, PDA and CSA. Generally I put them in the EDP Premier III level for younger teams. My son has played them several times so this is based on experience, not nonsense. The teams played hard and clean soccer. I don’t have experience with the coaching/staff.

Comment

Assuming your child is young enough and not at the DA level, I would look at the STA Boys ECNL team. They are not on a DA club level , however ,the club is at a good level, with college bound players. They have a solid program/infrastructure with many outside turf fields and a bigger indoor facility than TSF. There is good talent within each age group.

But Buyer Beware , your mileage may vary depending on coach and age group.

Good Luck!
                  Good advice. If you live in Central Jersey MFA has a very good boys program based at MCCC. Also ECNL, not MLS.

Comment

Good advice. If you live in Central Jersey MFA has a very good boys program based at MCCC. Also ECNL, not MLS.
                    Hi what’s this ? Not familiar with acronyms.

Comment

Hi what’s this ? Not familiar with acronyms.
                      Match fit academy, but they are not very good on the boys side.

Comment

Does anyone know what TSF charges per year?

Comment

Does anyone know what TSF charges per year?
                          Its club soccer in nj, so full year is base cost 2500-3000, plus uniforms, xtra tournament fees, travel expenses, etc. Club is 4-5k all in per year. It goes up with travel expenses as they age

Comment

Its club soccer in nj, so full year is base cost 2500-3000, plus uniforms, xtra tournament fees, travel expenses, etc. Club is 4-5k all in per year. It goes up with travel expenses as they age

last quote i received from TSF was $3400

Comment

last quote i received from TSF was $3400
                              For what age group? That seems a little high.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X