Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Season

What are people’s thoughts on the upcoming Spring Season - what will it look like - will it be a return to normal? Will early season tournaments like Jeff Cup happen?

I think it will happen, just with modifications like in the fall. With the vaccine rolling out, numbers will improve which in turn builds confidence. Granted the average soccer parent won't be vaccinated by March but I think the nation will be sighing some relief. Every month will get better. Probably no indoor practices until at least Feb though

Comment

Largely normal, especially as we get into April and May.

Comment

Jeff cup is absolutely happening

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Jeff cup is absolutely happening
          NCAA dead period was extended to April. That will have to change for Jeff Cup to be worthwhile.

Comment

NCAA dead period was extended to April. That will have to change for Jeff Cup to be worthwhile.
            If you look at the Spring season from a showcase scenario you also have to take into account that many D1 leagues will be having a Spring season as well so colleges will be busy with their own seasons.

Comment

If you look at the Spring season from a showcase scenario you also have to take into account that many D1 leagues will be having a Spring season as well so colleges will be busy with their own seasons.
              Agreed, college coaches will be busy with their own seasons this Spring so don’t expect significant attendance at showcases unless they are local and don’t have to travel. These “national” ECNL, USYS etc showcases will not be what you might normally expect them to be.

Comment

Agreed, college coaches will be busy with their own seasons this Spring so don’t expect significant attendance at showcases unless they are local and don’t have to travel. These “national” ECNL, USYS etc showcases will not be what you might normally expect them to be.
                Events are probably going to live stream games. Nothing stopping coaches from watching games, even easier if they don't have to travel for it.

Comment

What are people’s thoughts on the upcoming Spring Season - what will it look like - will it be a return to normal? Will early season tournaments like Jeff Cup happen?
                  Spring = Yes - Unless people continue to be stupid then it might be delayed.

Jeff Cup = Yes - They are like blood sucking ticks. They aren't going to cancel it, just move it again. If they are able to have it in March I don't see many long travel teams going. Or better yet, I'm not confidant enough to travel to Virginia and stay in a hotel 2 nights as soon as March during all of this.

Comment

Granted the average soccer parent won't be vaccinated by March but I think the nation will be sighing some relief. Every month will get better. Probably no indoor practices until at least Feb though
                    Getting vaccinated has to be a choice made by individuals, not mandated by gov't. Personally, I am in the age and health range that has a 99.7% survival rate. I will let other folks that are in high risk situations take it first.

Indoor "practices" have become "training and clinics", which have been going on without interruption. The competetive indoor pause (which came about from issues with ice hockey) expires January 2, let's see what Murphy is pressured into doing about the pause this week.

All in all Spring will be like Fall. League games will hit or miss with panic club cancellations and town travel teams have more felxibility. I don't see local good tournaments Ironbound Spring and Manalapan Memorial Day available. EDP or ISE will be the main tournament source for higher level teams.

Comment

Events are probably going to live stream games. Nothing stopping coaches from watching games, even easier if they don't have to travel for it.
                      Ok. But if watching video is the path..most teams also don't need to travel. At least in this part of the country there are lots of competitive teams locally to play to provide game footage.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X