Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Apologies you are correct - GDA got worse each year too. Again, Stamford coach is no slouch. No doubt he's more interested in her NT training/experience than OW or NYSC
    Cant even spell Stanford, but know what the coach uses to evaluate. Yeah, I call BS

Comment

Cant even spell Stanford, but know what the coach uses to evaluate. Yeah, I call BS
      autocorrect on my phone as I work in Stamford.

Comment

Think the Stanford coach wants to see her slice through garbage teams like LISC? No. He's watched her at NT training where she's challenged by other top national players. There's very good D1 players, and then there's a whole other level above that.

Comment

Think the Stanford coach wants to see her slice through garbage teams like LISC? No. He's watched her at NT training where she's challenged by other top national players. There's very good D1 players, and then there's a whole other level above that.
          you have no idea what he watched or didnt. Good coaches can evaluate players outside of competitive games. top soccer Colleges are full of kids who attended YNT camps. Some play lot, others dont. Time will tell how she does on the field. CLubs cant wait to trumpet success because its how they market to others. I would love to see them go back and tell us how well kids actually perform on the pitch. They wont. That would tell a very different story.

If playing against strong competition was key, why do so many parents try and get their kids to teams that win already? Why not go to a club that is mid level and help make them better?

Comment

you have no idea what he watched or didnt. Good coaches can evaluate players outside of competitive games. top soccer Colleges are full of kids who attended YNT camps. Some play lot, others dont. Time will tell how she does on the field. CLubs cant wait to trumpet success because its how they market to others. I would love to see them go back and tell us how well kids actually perform on the pitch. They wont. That would tell a very different story.

If playing against strong competition was key, why do so many parents try and get their kids to teams that win already? Why not go to a club that is mid level and help make them better?
            Because most parents can't tell good coaching from.bad so they use tram records as a measure of coaching quality. Little do they know that top teams often accumulate talent.

There are some quality coaches that aren't with the big clubs and couldbe a great fit for your kid. The drawbacks are less challenging competition and less college exposure. Getting recruited definitely can happen but will take a lot more effort. That may very well be worth the tradeoff for a good coach that cares about your player

Comment

Good job cashing in. The size advantage is gone for her. Hope she does well out there, but if I was a betting man, I would take the under.

Oakwood will try and spin it as their player, but she was cfc before Oakwood and then used the club to play up for a few years and then jumped ship to nysc.
              What is her height and weight? I ask because a lot of college players seem to be tall with lesser being on the average to shorter side. My kid is on the short by the way.

Comment

What is her height and weight? I ask because a lot of college players seem to be tall with lesser being on the average to shorter side. My kid is on the short by the way.
                Hard to make universal truths about it all but you'll tend to find taller players in bigger programs. That makes it tougher for smaller players to compete, which then prompts the coach to like bigger players more. Size isn't all that matters obviously; skill is critical and some small players can run circles around other players. Too much weight can slow you down, period, doesn't matter the height. Some girls don't do well with puberty - they put on too much weight in the hips and thighs and they slow down.

If you're curious pick a few rosters; most have each player's height posted (not weight)

Comment

The average height of a woman is the US is only 5’4”. I’d say she’s about 5’7”ish. You’ll never find her weight, that’s never listed for women at any level.

Comment

she is big and always has been

Comment

Messi? small and slight. still 1 or 2 in the world.

Mia Hamm never seemed big either.

if you think height has to do with anything you are probably slow as well.

Comment

Because most parents can't tell good coaching from.bad so they use tram records as a measure of coaching quality. Little do they know that top teams often accumulate talent.

There are some quality coaches that aren't with the big clubs and couldbe a great fit for your kid. The drawbacks are less challenging competition and less college exposure. Getting recruited definitely can happen but will take a lot more effort. That may very well be worth the tradeoff for a good coach that cares about your player
                        Could be more challenging competition and similar exposure. Lets get real, exposure is not the right word. If a kid calls a coach and expresses interest, if they can, they will watch. How long they watch is a function of what they see. Exposure suggests you are paying for coaches you have not contacted to watch you. Non targeted interest. That may be wat some are looking for, but I dont see why.

Comment

Could be more challenging competition and similar exposure. Lets get real, exposure is not the right word. If a kid calls a coach and expresses interest, if they can, they will watch. How long they watch is a function of what they see. Exposure suggests you are paying for coaches you have not contacted to watch you. Non targeted interest. That may be wat some are looking for, but I dont see why.
                          op here and sure if you want to use a different term fine. But if you're in the top leagues you're paying for the big showcases that attract hundreds of coaches. Those coaches are much less likely to attend an EDP showcase. Depending on what your targets are you could get more bang for your buck in ECNL or MLS (assuming you do your legwork, do all the coach reach outs etc). For many top programs it's nearly impossible to get a look without being in a top league. Your player may not want or have the skills for higher level programs, in which case definitely don't do a top league if you don't want. The exception would be if that top club really does have better coaching vs what else you have to pick from. It all depends.

Comment

She is a very bright young lady. She is going to Stanford so she’s blessed. She will not set on the field for any meaningful minutes and she will not be signing a NLI as she didn’t get any soccer scholarship but who cares. She’s going to one of the best academic schools in the country

Comment

She is a very bright young lady. She is going to Stanford so she’s blessed. She will not set on the field for any meaningful minutes and she will not be signing a NLI as she didn’t get any soccer scholarship but who cares. She’s going to one of the best academic schools in the country
                              Exactly. Sit down and zip it haters. S c um bags

Comment

op here and sure if you want to use a different term fine. But if you're in the top leagues you're paying for the big showcases that attract hundreds of coaches. Those coaches are much less likely to attend an EDP showcase. Depending on what your targets are you could get more bang for your buck in ECNL or MLS (assuming you do your legwork, do all the coach reach outs etc). For many top programs it's nearly impossible to get a look without being in a top league. Your player may not want or have the skills for higher level programs, in which case definitely don't do a top league if you don't want. The exception would be if that top club really does have better coaching vs what else you have to pick from. It all depends.
                                My kids play in College. Exposure had little to do with it. Players and parents need to take the majority of control in their own process as opposed to putting large parts of it in other peoples. Top coaching seems to defined here as recruits a lot of players from other clubs and consistently wins. There are great coaches who dont resonate with some players. Some kids rise to the challenge of being a big player on a team. A coach at a top 10 soccer program advised against moving to a "better" club. Felt the player got more out of learning to deal with being the focus of good opponents as opposed to one of them elsewhere.

Its not about exposure, level of league etc IF your are truly talented level. If not, sure. You do what you have to do to gain whatever edge you value. That is the basis of Youth sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X