Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many kids on your kids team's roster?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FSA will tell you that you are paying for training, not games.
    But is the training even good? I can "buy" that argument if we are talking about making strides in individual players and in team play. Seems like an individual trainer would be cheaper and more valuable if all one was looking for was to pay for training.

Comment

But is the training even good? I can "buy" that argument if we are talking about making strides in individual players and in team play. Seems like an individual trainer would be cheaper and more valuable if all one was looking for was to pay for training.
      Sure if all you want is training (although private training is costly and it would be incomplete no matter how good the trainer is) ). But part of what you're paying for is games. That's where you try out what you've been working on in practices. That's where you learn things you aren't even doing in practice. Never accept minimal PT for your player.

As for FSA...their girls performance is certainly lacking. Boys do better. By high school many of the players have been with FSA for a long time. If they're not learning the fundamentals, the building blocks, at the younger ages guess what happens later on?

Comment

Our FSA 11v11 team had 24. Not sure now. Could only dress 18. Wasn't a fab experience.
        that's ridiculous - no parent should sign their kid up for that.

Comment

Larger numbers are actually good for creating constant competition during training. Get used to it, college is no different at any level.
          Its even better for big profits! If you cant pick the best 18 to work hard against each other for competition then you are watering down your practices and games. If you have kids that dont belong, dont take them!

Comment

that's ridiculous - no parent should sign their kid up for that.
            You don't know until after your kid is already on the team

Comment

You don't know until after your kid is already on the team
              If you asked them ahead of roster announcement, so you think they would be straight with you or say things “it depends on the quality of what we see in the try-out”?

I’m with you. That’s too many for a solid mix of development and performance. Part of being a team is understanding tendencies of your teammates and making quick decisions based on them. What would happen if we created a club with only 16? Just enough to rest wing backs and midfield. Wouldn’t that be worth paying a premium for? Feels like someone in CT should create a club based on these principles.

Comment

If you asked them ahead of roster announcement, so you think they would be straight with you or say things “it depends on the quality of what we see in the try-out”?

I’m with you. That’s too many for a solid mix of development and performance. Part of being a team is understanding tendencies of your teammates and making quick decisions based on them. What would happen if we created a club with only 16? Just enough to rest wing backs and midfield. Wouldn’t that be worth paying a premium for? Feels like someone in CT should create a club based on these principles.
                Agreed that would actually be worth the moniker “Elite”.

Comment

Elite as I can play at a high level and survive most of the game physically. What good is a player that must be subbed off to catch a breath after the age of 12. Clearly they are not ready for much beyond.

Comment

Any team can limit roster size. Doesn't make them elite.

Comment

ECNL is the moniker in question.

Comment

Elite as I can play at a high level and survive most of the game physically. What good is a player that must be subbed off to catch a breath after the age of 12. Clearly they are not ready for much beyond.
                        Exactly!! What’s not to like: demonstrate fitness, touches, and better alignment with the strategies/tactics of other team mates.

Comment

Any team can limit roster size. Doesn't make them elite.
                          Doing so just might make them Elite just based on touches and team cohesion. You may not have experienced this but I personally have. My favorite game was when we literally had only 11 players due to injury. You actually play better as a team.

Comment

Doing so just might make them Elite just based on touches and team cohesion. You may not have experienced this but I personally have. My favorite game was when we literally had only 11 players due to injury. You actually play better as a team.
                            My son has had the same experience and I completely agree. But, still need a handful of subs as 11 is not sustainable for long.

Comment

My son has had the same experience and I completely agree. But, still need a handful of subs as 11 is not sustainable for long.
                              Not when your opponent has several sets of fresh legs. Then God forbid someone does get hurt or it goes into OT.

Comment

why obsess with the pro sub rules when college ball is vritually a free for all of subs?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X