Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is going to Surf Cup

PAC just pulled all of their teams. I think WPFC is still sending teams. Anyone else - SU or Eastside? What about Gunners? I thought they were sending teams.

Gunners will not send teams out of state until we are playing games in state. All tournaments have been postponed/cancelled until further notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      PAC just pulled all of their teams. I think WPFC is still sending teams. Anyone else - SU or Eastside? What about Gunners? I thought they were sending teams.
      Didn’t PAC send teams to ECNL Showcases in Phoenix already? Teams that have been to a fall showcase or two already don’t need to go to surf cup too.

Comment

When will PAC and ECNL teams be able to play games in state?

Comment

Didn’t PAC send teams to ECNL Showcases in Phoenix already? Teams that have been to a fall showcase or two already don’t need to go to surf cup too.
          lmao only reason they would pull out is due to parent backlash for traveling to phoenix in the first place. that was an idiotic decision but I am glad to see that they are actually thinking for once.

Comment

Not looking good for Surf Cup

https://ktar.com/story/3728861/major...ncil-vote/amp/

Comment

lmao only reason they would pull out is due to parent backlash for traveling to phoenix in the first place. that was an idiotic decision but I am glad to see that they are actually thinking for once.
              no backlash and you always have a choice to travel or not. no one is pressuring anyone to travel out of state.

Comment

no backlash and you always have a choice to travel or not. no one is pressuring anyone to travel out of state.
                You are either delusional or the parent of a very young player if you truly think there is no pressure to travel out of state. You go right ahead and take a team to Surf or any other national level event without your best 5 players and see how you'll do. Ask yourself afterwards if it was worth the money to travel only to get blown out.

The pressure is there...even for showcases.

Comment

Gunners will not send teams out of state until we are playing games in state. All tournaments have been postponed/cancelled until further notice.
                  Predictions on when games will be allowed to be played in WA? Governor just extended COVID measures until Jan2...will it go further?

Comment

Predictions on when games will be allowed to be played in WA? Governor just extended COVID measures until Jan2...will it go further?
                    Games are scheduled to resume the week of January 18th. RCL WYS should post the notice soon if they haven't already. This is of course subject Covid infections not exploding. All major clubs have player infections, but according to RCL none are result of player to player exposure.

Comment

If games are not allowed right now, I cannot foresee how games will be allowed in late Winter or early Spring. Games are now allowed in WA because of the number of cases. The number of cases will most likely increase in the coming weeks.

Also we may we looking at a national level lockdown. The projector Covid advisor for the Biden administration suggest a 4-6 week lockdown. Keep in mind lockdowns can go far further than originally planned, such as the original 2 week lockdown to flatten the curve back in March/April.

Keep training, be positive, but be real. No games for a long time.

Comment

If games are not allowed right now, I cannot foresee how games will be allowed in late Winter or early Spring. Games are now allowed in WA because of the number of cases. The number of cases will most likely increase in the coming weeks.

Also we may we looking at a national level lockdown. The projector Covid advisor for the Biden administration suggest a 4-6 week lockdown. Keep in mind lockdowns can go far further than originally planned, such as the original 2 week lockdown to flatten the curve back in March/April.

It is cases now....what will it be next week?

We have done everything Inslee asked the State to follow and yet we are no better off than some other states that stayed open. Wake up people.

Comment

We have done everything Inslee asked the State to follow and yet we are no better off than some other states that stayed open. Wake up people.

Define better off....

The alternative argument can be made is that those states that stayed open have death, illness, and hospitalization rates 3x's to 5x's higher than Washington but our unemployment and economy is similar. So, we have done a much better job of promoting the general welfare without doing excessive damage to the economy. If you excluded the first 2 months of the pandemic where people knew relatively next to nothing about how to approach or even treat it we, and other states who have taken a similar approach, have done significantly better.

I would also challenge the notion that we have done everything Inslee has asked. IHME has done surveys/studies that have found that consistent mask use was only at 78%. That's a significant portion of the population that isn't doing as asked. A simple walk through local Costco will back that up if you count noses (ie ineffective mask use).

Comment

Will ECNL matches be played in Jan/Feb or maybe not at all? What are people hearing?

Comment

What do you mean it's cases now? It's been cases ever since they released the approved return to play. 2 week average cases over 75/100k no games.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X