Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let the Kids Play

I get that this is controversial. But if you are willing to send your kid to practice, you might as well send them to a game.

Teams have kids that:

- Are physically going to school. Private schools are holding classes.
    - Are doing private group training
    - Are hanging out with other kids in the neighborhood
    - Are going on family vacations with other families
    - Were going to group dinners with other families (before Inslee shut down the restaurants)
    - Are playing other sports
    - kids are getting together in groups to play soccer or scrimmage

You are kidding yourself if you believe the ”social distancing” has been reasonable at practice. Maybe the masks will help, but I hadn't heard of widespread infections at practices. I've heard some isolated cases, but nothing locally about covid being spread at a club.

How can it be ok to have dinner and drinks with people sitting next to you at a restaurant, but kids can't play soccer outside? It's ok for us to have dinner together outside, but kids can't play soccer?

Maybe you think I'm selfish. Or an idiot. I'm fine with that. But if your kid is going to practice you are a hypocrite. If they are going to practice, they should be able to play a game.

The only reason they are allowing practice is money. If they don't have practice, they can't charge you. We are getting conned.

I've had enough, it's time to let them play. Has their been a situation in WA in which infections on a large scale were found to be linked to a soccer practice?

agree

Agree 100%. I voted democrat as well.

Comment

Inslee won the governor seat easier, 56%. Biden won the state even by a bigger margin, 58%. The state has spoken, it supports lockdowns and doesn't want to reopen things at the moment. You guys have every right to speak and argue your point, but understand you will lose. This is a very blue state. Again please voice your opinion, just be ready, as Biden said a "dark winter" is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        I get that this is controversial. But if you are willing to send your kid to practice, you might as well send them to a game.

Teams have kids that:

- Were going to group dinners with other families (before Inslee shut down the restaurants)

You are kidding yourself if you believe the ”social distancing” has been reasonable at practice. Maybe the masks will help, but I hadn't heard of widespread infections at practices. I've heard some isolated cases, but nothing locally about covid being spread at a club.

How can it be ok to have dinner and drinks with people sitting next to you at a restaurant, but kids can't play soccer outside? It's ok for us to have dinner together outside, but kids can't play soccer?

Maybe you think I'm selfish. Or an idiot. I'm fine with that. But if your kid is going to practice you are a hypocrite. If they are going to practice, they should be able to play a game.

The only reason they are allowing practice is money. If they don't have practice, they can't charge you. We are getting conned.

I've had enough, it's time to let them play. Has their been a situation in WA in which infections on a large scale were found to be linked to a soccer practice?
        I am pretty sure on the national scope, there have not been any links to covid and soccer. Games are being played all over the country.

Comment

Teams have kids that:

it honestly doesn't make sense to argue that, because families break the rules, our kids circle of exposure should be expanded further by playing opposing teams. Maybe we could have soccer games safely if families followed the other protocols, but selfishness is rampant and also sometimes people are careful and bad luck happens. A woman I follow on social media posted this week about her 12 year old contracting COVID from a soccer game. A player on the opposing team had a sibling test positive but instead of the family quarantining, child came out to play with both parents watching on the sidelines. This is near NYC where positivity is lower than WA right now. That really got my attention. Soccer could be pretty safe if people were willing to do the right thing but mostly they're not. At least in a training-only environment there is less pressure/incentive to lie about your health status & stay home if you're sick with anything. This all sucks but I'm willing to wait a little longer for games to happen.

Comment

Anecdotally, I've heard of a few cases related to sports locally. One of the HS football teams here had a 7v7 scrimmage. I'm sure there were more than just 14 kids there, but 7 ended up testing positive for COVID. Also there were two soccer players who attended an out of the country tournament (where? I have no idea). The both tested positive for COVID, and both their HS and club pods had to quarantine as well. That said, yes, my DD is still practicing. She's not at the same HS or club age group as the positive girls.

Comment

2 weeks to flatten the curve.

-March 2019

Comment

Teams have kids that:

Sorry that the deaths of 250,000 Americans has inconvenienced you.

Comment

"Other people aren't being responsible, therefore we shouldn't be responsible either."

Comment

Sorry that the deaths of 250,000 Americans has inconvenienced you.
                    Is that 250,000 number the primary cause of deaths or 250,00 that died but happen to test positive for covid. Real question, because I seen articles where weird things are counted as covid deaths. Like a motorycle crash. Might not account for all 250,000.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/man-who...florida-report

quote:
                    Dr. Pino tells FOX 35 that one "could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash."

Comment

Is that 250,000 number the primary cause of deaths or 250,00 that died but happen to test positive for covid. Real question, because I seen articles where weird things are counted as covid deaths. Like a motorycle crash. Might not account for all 250,000.

quote:
                      Dr. Pino tells FOX 35 that one "could actually argue that it could have been the COVID-19 that caused him to crash."
                      This is why we can't have nice things, Karen.

Comment

When the report from Trump's own Covid taskforce says "current mitigation efforts are inadequate and must be increased" you'd think that the "covid truthers" would realize that they've been played for fools.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...skforce-report

Comment

quote:
                          One incident from one story on a Florida FOX station is how you're trying to argue against a quarter of a million COVID deaths? The reality is that most medical experts believe deaths caused by the pandemic have been UNDERreported. See this story about a study reported in the Journal of the AMA:

"The study found that from March through July, there were 225,530 "excess" deaths — a 20 percent increase over the average number of deaths expected for those months. (Excess deaths refer to the number of fatalities above what would be expected in a typical time period.)

Deaths directly linked to Covid-19 account for 67 percent of those excess deaths, the study found, leaving the remaining 33 percent without a clear explanation.

One explanation for the gap may be underreporting or misreporting of Covid-19-related deaths — in other words, not counting Covid-19 deaths.

"The second explanation for the gap is people who did not have Covid-19, but died because of disruptions caused by the pandemic," Woolf said. "That would include someone who has chest pain, who is scared to call 911, because they're afraid of getting the virus, and then dies of a heart attack."

Woolf's study also took into account increased mortality related to increases in substance abuse and decreases in access to medical care, particularly among those who lost health care coverage during the economic downturn caused by the pandemic."

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...study-n1242970

Comment

"Other people aren't being responsible, therefore we shouldn't be responsible either."
                            Sorry not sure your point. The question is whether it's hypocritical to have practices but not games.

Comment

none

Agree 100%. I voted democrat as well.
                              Same ! Let the kids play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X