Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What’s concerning about PDA is that the North parents constantly put down the other branches....it’s not “real” PDA, if you want to play with the best you have to be at North etc. why can’t they just let the kids have fun and enjoy the game with their friends. So what if Shore is not at the level of North who cares.
    Rumor has it North teams avoiding playing South ECNL and certain Shore teams for fear of North being “exposed”. Prove me wrong.

Comment

Rumor has it North teams avoiding playing South ECNL and certain Shore teams for fear of North being “exposed”. Prove me wrong.
      Don't they all play each other in the pda tournament every year?

Comment

PDA by far sucks more $$$ from the parents .. Mandatory additional side sessions with the coach under the guise of voluntary team practice . Nothing voluntary about it, if you don’t go and pay him you won’t play and you instantly fall out of favor and find yourself on the bench . The more side sessions $$$$ with the coach the better your technique looks on the field.
        True and why parents allow it I will never ever know.

Comment

Don't they all play each other in the pda tournament every year?
          They do not, North Blue is in top bracket Followed by North White etc. by the time you get to the other branches like Shore you could be in the 5-6th bracket even in their own tourney.

Comment

They do not, North Blue is in top bracket Followed by North White etc. by the time you get to the other branches like Shore you could be in the 5-6th bracket even in their own tourney.
            That's due to their relative strengths unfortunately.

Comment

Nope: North saying no to South and Shore for any friendlies. Weird since that’s all we really had this fall...

Maybe North really is that good? Prove me wrong.

Comment

The FEAR of losing is real with North. Ever since the Barcelona game.

Comment

Nope: North saying no to South and Shore for any friendlies. Weird since that’s all we really had this fall...

Maybe North really is that good? Prove me wrong.
                  Its called a business pal. The poster who said that north parents put down other branches is absolutely but unfortunately right. PDA will never sabotage their own business by having north compete with other lower level branches like shore. Shore is great to bring addl revenue to the club for those that just want to wear the 3 letters.

Comment

Didn’t prove me wrong.

North (blue) are scared of being exposed.

Play the other branches, prove your “dominance” and move on.

Comment

Didn’t prove me wrong.

North (blue) are scared of being exposed.

Play the other branches, prove your “dominance” and move on.
                      So I assume you "guys" are arguing about girls soccer. Earth to you "guys" nobody cares its girls soccer. Let me repeat that again, its girls soccer. Let that sink into your pipe while you smoke it and argue ab out something insignificant in life.

Comment

So I assume you "guys" are arguing about girls soccer. Earth to you "guys" nobody cares its girls soccer. Let me repeat that again, its girls soccer. Let that sink into your pipe while you smoke it and argue ab out something insignificant in life.
                        The idiom you are looking for there is “put that in your pipe and smoke it”. “Sink into your pipe” makes no sense. How could you write that and think you’ve done a good job?

I’ll let you off with a warning this time but another assault on the English language like that will come with some severe consequences.

Comment

“Sink into your pipe” is a PDA North insult towards anyone else outside their bubble. Typical drab from a brainwashed North parent.

Comment

Its called a business pal. The poster who said that north parents put down other branches is absolutely but unfortunately right. PDA will never sabotage their own business by having north compete with other lower level branches like shore. Shore is great to bring addl revenue to the club for those that just want to wear the 3 letters.
                            you have zero clue about pda.

great players from pda shore get moved to pda north if they so choose
                            pda south players stay at pda south because its just not practical enough

also, teams scrimmage each other when needed. they even scrimmage older/younger teams and sometimes GA or NL teams outside of the club.

Comment

Blue plays South during league so not sure how they can avoid them. For the younger age groups why would Blue want to scrimmage South or Shore? They suck, why would you want to bother playing teams that much worse then you.

I DO KNOW that Blue won't scrimmage certain non-ECNL teams that can threaten it and won't allow certain clubs into the PDA tournaments even though those teams would challenge the ECNL teams.

Comment

Blue plays South during league so not sure how they can avoid them. For the younger age groups why would Blue want to scrimmage South or Shore? They suck, why would you want to bother playing teams that much worse then you.

I DO KNOW that Blue won't scrimmage certain non-ECNL teams that can threaten it and won't allow certain clubs into the PDA tournaments even though those teams would challenge the ECNL teams.
                                Older Blue avoided South all fall.

Yes, Blue won’t play Clarkstown.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X