Talking-Soccer.com

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Pennsylvania

Notices

Pennsylvania Discussions about Pennsylvania soccer.

Old 01-21-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
At bucks. RL at bucks is the same as icsl div 3 or 4. Itís for kids new to soccer.
ECNL also has some kids ďnew to soccerĒ. We have a girl who broke her tib/ fib at the u12 age so still 9v9. Was out of soccer for two years yet somehow managed to be placed on the Ecnl team despite never having played 11v11 (but hey she does help the carpool) And all of the other new girls this year have never played ECNL (but one of them also helps the car pool) or any high level. So yes ECNL at bucks is also for kids new to soccer. Guess thatís another reason why our team struggles .
Old 01-21-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
ECNL also has some kids ďnew to soccerĒ. We have a girl who broke her tib/ fib at the u12 age so still 9v9. Was out of soccer for two years yet somehow managed to be placed on the Ecnl team despite never having played 11v11 (but hey she does help the carpool) And all of the other new girls this year have never played ECNL (but one of them also helps the car pool) or any high level. So yes ECNL at bucks is also for kids new to soccer. Guess thatís another reason why our team struggles .
Yeah but 3rd division isnít horrible. Not great but not horrible. But RL being in the 13th is one of the biggest jokes ever. Thatís bad. Even you have to admit that. Why even bother playing.
Old 01-21-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
Yeah but 3rd division isnít horrible. Not great but not horrible. But RL being in the 13th is one of the biggest jokes ever. Thatís bad. Even you have to admit that. Why even bother playing.
You're right .... 3rd bracket not bad for a handpicked group of kids from the same neighborhood that didn't have tryouts .... Definitely not bad for a town travel team.
Old 01-21-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
You're right .... 3rd bracket not bad for a handpicked group of kids from the same neighborhood that didn't have tryouts .... Definitely not bad for a town travel team.
Right. But the RL is in the 13th bracket! Thatís dead last bracket in a tournament with a lot less teams. This is down right horrendous
Old 01-21-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
Right. But the RL is in the 13th bracket! Thatís dead last bracket in a tournament with a lot less teams. This is down right horrendous
Once again, a terrible RL team at any club is a reflection (and result of) a terrible ECNL team/club. Those clubs usually donít have the player pool to be selective. My kid plays on an ECNL team at one of the bigger clubs in the country (not PDA). At her age group, there are 10 teams (various leagues and levels). There are multiple players (both internal and from outside of the club) that are invited to train with the ECNL team throughout the year. The players are constantly reminded that their spot is not guaranteed. Training sessions are almost as competitive as games.

Based on what I have read here, it doesnít seem like there is much internal competition at Bucks other than ECNL and RL parents bickering with one another online.
Old 01-21-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
Once again, a terrible RL team at any club is a reflection (and result of) a terrible ECNL team/club. Those clubs usually donít have the player pool to be selective. My kid plays on an ECNL team at one of the bigger clubs in the country (not PDA). At her age group, there are 10 teams (various leagues and levels). There are multiple players (both internal and from outside of the club) that are invited to train with the ECNL team throughout the year. The players are constantly reminded that their spot is not guaranteed. Training sessions are almost as competitive as games.

Based on what I have read here, it doesnít seem like there is much internal competition at Bucks other than ECNL and RL parents bickering with one another online.
When your RL team is in the 13th division then I donít think there are any players to bring up to ecnl team. Thereís a reason why the RL team is in the 13th division
Old 01-22-2021
Unregistered

Quote:

10 teams in one age group at the same club? Stop talking nonsense
Old 01-22-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
10 teams in one age group at the same club? Stop talking nonsense
Now the FC Bucks parents will educate me on the structure of my own kidís club. You guys are funny.

Yes, 10 teams.
Old 01-22-2021
Unregistered

Quote:
Now the FC Bucks parents will educate me on the structure of my own kidís club. You guys are funny.

Yes, 10 teams.
ECNL, RL, EDP, Surf, Shore, Mercer, etc?
Old 01-22-2021
Unregistered

Quote:

Another way to out it is that the ECNL parents that brokered the BRD screwed both teams. All of the good players that were denied ecnl went elsewhere. Most of the ecnl team should have been placed either in the rRL team or not made it period. Had both teams been allowed to have legit tryouts I am sure they each could have been more solid which would have attracted even better outside players. Am betting that had this happen the ecnl team might have tied LM and made at least the 2nd bracket. Plus what parent want to bring their kid to that environment and have to hang out with such narcissistic and egotistical parents at tournaments and practices?