Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UWS soccer league?

Really? Saw some postings that some ma clubs are joining? And to think the landscape here in our backyard was confusing, (& diluted), enough already. Geesh!
    What will game commutes look like?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? Saw some postings that some ma clubs are joining? And to think the landscape here in our backyard was confusing, (& diluted), enough already. Geesh!
    What will game commutes look like?
    Fail to see how any of this affects the current shltty landscape that exists today.

United Women’s Soccer (UWS) is a national pro-am league composed of professionally operated clubs within the United States and Canada. UWS provides high level competition for college players, aspiring and former professionals, and international stars.

UWS League Two launched in 2020 as a new developmental pathway, geared towards U20/U23 players which serves as a feeder to the main league. For new clubs, it’s an opportunity to introduce themselves to the standards-driven pro-am league and a launch point for a potential UWS First Team.

Comment

Yes it’s for college aged Female players that aspire to play in NWSL.Nothing to do with high school aged or lower.

Comment

OP here...thanks for feedback gents/ladies. I was unaware, (sorry, didn't research), that this league was for older kids/young adults. Again, saw some postings for local clubs & I incorrectly assumed this may effect younger kids. All that being said, any thoughts if this may be a good development for any local players if in fact this is a future option?

Comment

OP here...thanks for feedback gents/ladies. I was unaware, (sorry, didn't research), that this league was for older kids/young adults. Again, saw some postings for local clubs & I incorrectly assumed this may effect younger kids. All that being said, any thoughts if this may be a good development for any local players if in fact this is a future option?
          I like the idea

Comment

Sounds like it mirrors similar activity in the men's game. I wouldn't necessarily call it a great thing for development, per se. More about the ability to keep playing and hopefully latching onto something permanent. I hope it works out.

Comment

So who plays in this league? Post college? During college? Will NEFC and Scorpions not have 20 something year old teams?

Comment

I saw this pop up in my FB feed today from Scorpions. It’s an interesting idea.
                Will Stars be part of this as well?

Comment

Fail to see how any of this affects the current shltty landscape that exists today.

United Women’s Soccer (UWS) is a national pro-am league composed of professionally operated clubs within the United States and Canada. UWS provides high level competition for college players, aspiring and former professionals, and international stars.

UWS League Two launched in 2020 as a new developmental pathway, geared towards U20/U23 players which serves as a feeder to the main league. For new clubs, it’s an opportunity to introduce themselves to the standards-driven pro-am league and a launch point for a potential UWS First Team.
                  How are these teams funded? Do the players pay to join? Do the youth teams foot the billl, through fees?

Comment

How are these teams funded? Do the players pay to join? Do the youth teams foot the billl, through fees?
                    Seems like a pay to play league. You pay you play!

Comment

Seems like a pay to play league. You pay you play!
                      NEFC looks pay to play system for the UWS league 2 that they were granted.

Scorpions UWS league one team looks to be fully funded from their announcements.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X