Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One team out of how many total has been good? After all these years South has been around you would think they would have more than one standout team.

Lots of clubs have one standout team. And none of those girls were on the team when my daughter played for Ajax until HS so all were developed elsewhere.
    I think they clearly have had other successful teams besides AJAX or else they wouldn’t have been accepted in the ECNL. Wouldn’t that make sense? Or do you think one team qualifies you for ECNL. Stop believing PDA South hasn’t had solid teams over the years. It’s just hate.

Comment

Apparently there is an issue with 2 competing Mercer County clubs: Match Fit Academy and PDA-Hibernians. Norte Dame High School is updating their sports building/field/facility that PDA teams will also use. Apparently the boys soccer head coach was removed by Norte Dame under pressure from PDA because he moved to their main competitor Match Fit Academy. (?)
      Election is over but some people just can't stop having fun with conpiracies. :)

The former head coach and the new one know each other well. In factn the former coach hosts a summer camp at Mercer County Park with another PDA Hibos coach every year.

The new head coach was fed up by the school district he is coaching for HS. A story for another day but you can find out the details by simply googling it. That's why he left for ND job.

Comment

Wwp

Election is over but some people just can't stop having fun with conpiracies. :)

The former head coach and the new one know each other well. In factn the former coach hosts a summer camp at Mercer County Park with another PDA Hibos coach every year.

The new head coach was fed up by the school district he is coaching for HS. A story for another day but you can find out the details by simply googling it. That's why he left for ND job.
        So ND fired their current coach who is friends with the new coach they brought in who was just not happy where he was? What if the ND coach who got canned was happy he had the head coaching job at ND?

Did only the new coach's feelings come into play? If nothing smelly why no comment from the former coach since he appears to have no clue why he was let go.

Private schools love their $ flow/promises made etc. Is ND gonna name it the Mike O'Neil Memorial Coliseum after a hefty donation possibly?

And WWP is probably the only smart school district around that didn't appoint head coaches to get paid for no athletic season/work. My kids district is so dumb they are still sending busses on every route with probably 75% of them empty/no kids on them at all. Too much for them to figure out who is actually attending school and needs a bus.

Comment

Hate

I think they clearly have had other successful teams besides AJAX or else they wouldn’t have been accepted in the ECNL. Wouldn’t that make sense? Or do you think one team qualifies you for ECNL. Stop believing PDA South hasn’t had solid teams over the years. It’s just hate.
          Not hate just reality. What other team can anyone name? My daughter played at South under the wonderful Jenks/Tanimae tandem on Ajax (they weren't the coaches just the management of horrible coaches). First coach missed games/no refs on more than a few occasions/indoor at crap facilities is a must do even though additional $ etc. Second coach was former D1 player but didn't really impress training wise at all so after years of supporting mediocrity and new turf daughter moved on to less expensive pastures.

Not a single girl she played with was on the team when Ajax "won it all"/PDA didn't develop any of them.

They got ECNL because of Mike O'Neil and not because they are better at development etc.

The "tryouts" they had last year were a joke at best and many girls selected were not ECNL level so they didn't even get the recruit/poach part right.

PDA parents are no less delusional than non-PDA parents when it comes to soccer.

Merry Christmas-:)

Comment

Not hate just reality. What other team can anyone name? My daughter played at South under the wonderful Jenks/Tanimae tandem on Ajax (they weren't the coaches just the management of horrible coaches). First coach missed games/no refs on more than a few occasions/indoor at crap facilities is a must do even though additional $ etc. Second coach was former D1 player but didn't really impress training wise at all so after years of supporting mediocrity and new turf daughter moved on to less expensive pastures.

Not a single girl she played with was on the team when Ajax "won it all"/PDA didn't develop any of them.

They got ECNL because of Mike O'Neil and not because they are better at development etc.

The "tryouts" they had last year were a joke at best and many girls selected were not ECNL level so they didn't even get the recruit/poach part right.

PDA parents are no less delusional than non-PDA parents when it comes to soccer.

Absolutely true what’s been said, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Absolutely true what’s been said, thanks for sharing.
              I guess they don’t count.

https://pdasoccer.demosphere-secure....rls-pda-force/

Comment

The birth year also had something to do with the changes. Where is your daughter now? Is she playing in college ? That’s the question. What’s not good for you doesn’t mean it’s not good for others. Players on that team from 2014/2015 are going to great D1 programs and pda south I’m sure had a littleto do with that on top of those players just working hard. I know two girls that left AJAX to “top” clubs down the road and man are they regretting leaving and the other wishes she never had to leave but was job related with parent.

Comment

D's team played AJAX many times over the years in NE NPL. In the earlier years, her team was fairly competitive with them (ties or 1-goal games), but yes there was one year when they just exploded (U15?), and after that D's team never came close to beating them. Didn't happen to notice how many players were different from year to year; just thought their players all hit puberty earlier than D's team lol.

Comment

So you moved to Delco? How is that club, curious?

Comment

College

The birth year also had something to do with the changes. Where is your daughter now? Is she playing in college ? That’s the question. What’s not good for you doesn’t mean it’s not good for others. Players on that team from 2014/2015 are going to great D1 programs and pda south I’m sure had a littleto do with that on top of those players just working hard. I know two girls that left AJAX to “top” clubs down the road and man are they regretting leaving and the other wishes she never had to leave but was job related with parent.
                      I would hope the 14/15 team is done with college at this point-:) Daughter is playing in college/DIII and those girls from South who made it would have made it playing for any club. The academic fit is exactly what my daughter was looking for at this point and ultimately the only thing that mattered in the end.

If your good they will find you it doesn't have to cost a small fortune. The question I ask but don't get many replies from parents is the simple question of how much playing time does your D1 daughter get? There are many a D1 level player in DIII and vice-versa actually.

And I am sure it improved over time but we spent too many years watching PDA just take bodies to fill out the roster without imposing any type of performance related criteria to the selections. They should have just carried less girls and gave the ones that deserved a spot the extra minutes etc. They just added girls who showed up to tryouts.

I wonder if the 96 force team had a coach and ref at every game? If so that would have been an improvement over my daughters team when she played. I want to say she left Ajax after the 13/14 season.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X