Who is going to Surf Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can get back to who is going to surf? there is another thread dedicated to return to play.

Comment

How is the surf site for Phoenix still saying things are a go when Phoenix is saying no to youth sports in December and January?
      https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ts/3816119001/

Comment

At this point it's hard to imagine any club/venue taking on the associated risk, regardless of whatever waiver people are asked to sign. With the advent of vaccines starting to receive approval/roll out I expect this entire year to be a wash, club-wise and school-wise. Some ECNL teams traveled earlier regardless of in-state mandates and there seems to have been some sort of reprimand based on recent notifications sent to player parents re: out-of-state travel.

Yes, there are studies that show nil transmission in outdoor low-contact sports but that science doesn't trump the viral science.

Do I wish the kids could go back to play - absolutely.
        Do I expect it to occur before next summer - no.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

You liked your post so much you posted it in two different threads? Narcissist.

Comment

At this point it's hard to imagine any club/venue taking on the associated risk, regardless of whatever waiver people are asked to sign. With the advent of vaccines starting to receive approval/roll out I expect this entire year to be a wash, club-wise and school-wise. Some ECNL teams traveled earlier regardless of in-state mandates and there seems to have been some sort of reprimand based on recent notifications sent to player parents re: out-of-state travel.

Yes, there are studies that show nil transmission in outdoor low-contact sports but that science doesn't trump the viral science.

Next summer? Do you think the college spring season will get cancelled too? What about in person school and school sports?

Comment

Seems like everything is crap shoot right now. WIAA made some noise a few weeks back (https://wiaa.com/news.aspx?Mon=11&Yr=2020) trying to shake things loose but I don't think Inslee's office has an appetite for change right now. The way the past 9 months (amazing it's been that long) have gone don't make it look promising but with vaccines coming and the potential for other changes...

Comment

Next summer? Do you think the college spring season will get cancelled too? What about in person school and school sports?
                Colleges are testing, they will limp along I think. I would think this "year" is a wash and won't get any local games. Remember, new team formation for older kids is Feb in the past. I assume that can move back a little with high school moving back, but probably not more than a month. Unless the tone changes drastically with the first vaccines here, I think it's over.

Comment

is crossfire still going to surf cup? anyone else?

Comment

Xfire is not going to Surf cup.

Comment

schedules are up

Comment

none

Colleges are playing basketball... indoors... right now. Soccer in the spring will happen.

Comment

none

schedules are up
                          -
                          Can you provide a link? Don't see it on the Surf Cup website.

Comment

-
                            No link but I see:
                            U19g 48 teams
                            U17g 32 teams
                            U16g 24 teams
                            U15g 12 teams

Many dropped out but still a decent amount going. Desperation for game film plummets by the time you get down to U15, which makes total sense. Curious to see which clubs go,

Comment

-
                              https://2020surfcupyoungers.surfcups...ents/groups/26

Comment

Only looks like 2 Washington teams in the younger side. One from Spokane Surf and another from Outlaw FC. Who is Outlaw FC? Bet there will be more in the older groups for kids desperate for game tape.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X