Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Isn’t it amazing how people on this site will glorify the All American who barely makes a D1 roster, but craps all over the national team player going to one of the best schools in the country for academics and soccer. Truly unbelievable...
    The unbelievable thing is how no one glorifies the kids who are actually at great schools, playing and getting great grades. Then you realize no one really cares. its a production line that ends once the commitment is made. at that point people move on to the next crop.

Comment

Ok you can't afford Stanford's non sale price tag. So you apply a rung down on the academic ladder and get good merit money from many other top universities. Or you target somewhat lower soccer programs to leverage more athletic $. Many soccer families can afford full freight or even partial with some good athletic or merit$, or the loans needed aren't too crippling. There's always tradeoffs, but there are options and a good fit for everyone.
      i get that, but its disingenuous to paint the picture that talent alone is what leads to a top school on the West Coast. it may, but its usually a combination of factors, some of which are out of a kids control.

Comment

Another lost soul.

It isn’t about the school. If she goes to Stanford and has a 2.0 gpa in psychology and gets a job teaching in a ct high school making 50k a year, then Stanford “education” is just a more expensive, further, CCSU, albeit a better program, but less PT for her.
        You clearly put little value on quality education. Suit yourself.

Comment

*** are you saying? dont go to Stanford,go to CCSU for more PT? are you Fn crazy
          "IF" the largest word in the english language
          Wow....think what you could have been if you did t smoke so much in hs. I was responding to someone who said she hit the lotto because she was going to Stanford. Y point was, if you go to Stanford and get a 2.0 gpa and major in pysch and end up in a 50k teaching job in bridgeport, the Stanford name doesn’t mean sheet. She has a great opportunity, but I went to a state university and make over 400k. My point is, she isn’t set for life because of the colllege.

Try and keep up

Comment

Wow....think what you could have been if you did t smoke so much in hs. I was responding to someone who said she hit the lotto because she was going to Stanford. Y point was, if you go to Stanford and get a 2.0 gpa and major in pysch and end up in a 50k teaching job in bridgeport, the Stanford name doesn’t mean sheet. She has a great opportunity, but I went to a state university and make over 400k. My point is, she isn’t set for life because of the colllege.

Try and keep up
            Posting the same nonsense twice didn't improve it. Of course nothing is guaranteed, nor does attending a lesser school hinder you for life. But a smart and motivated student that takes advantage of all a school like Stanford offers (top academics, incredible alumni and emoyment network) will most likely start off on a higher ladder rung than someone from a lesser school. Two years later what you do in work matters, but look at long term average earnings and a top school will beat lesser ones.

Comment

Try and keep up
              Oh my!!!! You are obviously such an overachiever maybe LK should contact you and get some pearls of wisdom that only you can provide
              Who else can claim such success?
              I am sure that you understated your salty just to make your point to all the peasants, don’t want them to feel badly
              Hopefully you 2 can connect , I’m sure that she was just planning to coast when she got to Cali

Comment

Try and keep up
                Boy are you insecure.

Avgerage Stanford grad will be making double what a CCSU grad will.

https://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report

Comment

Oh my!!!! You are obviously such an overachiever maybe LK should contact you and get some pearls of wisdom that only you can provide
                  Who else can claim such success?
                  I am sure that you understated your salty just to make your point to all the peasants, don’t want them to feel badly
                  Hopefully you 2 can connect , I’m sure that she was just planning to coast when she got to Cali
                  Not all of us are lucky enough to inherit grandad's janitorial business.

Comment

I’ve lost the point of this thread.

Comment

I’ve lost the point of this thread.
                      Mostly posters crapping on a local kid's accomplishments. Jealousy is an ugly thing

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X