X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No offense but a lot of facilities have the same exact rules
    CT and many other states have been nearly wide open for youth sports for 4 months. No cases. Is not allowing spectators based on science or hysteria? The fans don't care if we have to wear a mask or sign a waiver.

Comment

$200 an hour turf field rental.

No parents at games.

Forekicks and their ridiculous pricing has been a major problem for youth soccer costs in the state for years and years. It’s no wonder tuition fees, tournament fees have skyrocketed with clubs due to these pricing.

Forekicks care nothing less than their bottom line. $$$ always.
      Quick solution: Acquire some land and put up your own building and then do what they do, cheaper.

Comment

Quick solution: Acquire some land and put up your own building and then do what they do, cheaper.
        Better solution .... Rent the middle school pasteur in the fall for $50 for the day. Save the club and parents money, allow spectators, and put forelocks out of business.

Comment

Better solution .... Rent the middle school pasteur in the fall for $50 for the day. Save the club and parents money, allow spectators, and put forelocks out of business.

Go for it. I'll listen to anything that is a solution vs. just complaining about other people making money.

Comment

i think the issue forekicks has is the tiled nature of the fields so you can't use every field and have spectators on the sidelines next to each other as per MYSA rules

i saw multiple town travel and club games this weekend and there were no issues with spectators. . only at forekicks

Comment

i think the issue forekicks has is the tiled nature of the fields so you can't use every field and have spectators on the sidelines next to each other as per MYSA rules

i saw multiple town travel and club games this weekend and there were no issues with spectators. . only at forekicks
              To compare, here is Teamworks rules:

Spectators: Spectators are not allowed for adult games and are limited to one spectator per
              player for youth games. Teamworks is partnering with LiveBarn to stream all games online.

They are running an outdoor league in Acton right now. Now on the other hand, I trust Forekicks to clean more thoroughly than Teamworks with their outdoor field and inside.

Comment

I don’t see anything on Forekicks site with respect to ventilation systems, including filters. They need to be more transparent about that with respect to their indoor facilities. Many school districts delayed in-person school due to faltering ventilation systems and/or supply issues with filters.

Comment

I don’t see anything on Forekicks site with respect to ventilation systems, including filters. They need to be more transparent about that with respect to their indoor facilities. Many school districts delayed in-person school due to faltering ventilation systems and/or supply issues with filters.
                  Name me one indoor facility you trust with a ventailiation system

Comment

Yup... No indoor soccer or futsal this Winter.

Comment

Wouldn't you use every other field is maintaining distancing with the field setup is a problem? And if games need to be rescheduled or held at the away teams field for safety then so be it. Seems a like total kick in the crotch to have to drive your kid 60 or 90 minutes each way and then just assume parents can just go sit in the car for another 2 hours during warm ups and the game. And then send kids off into a busy parking lot after the game to try and find mom and dads car.

Comment

Ventilation, shmentilation. I just want to know if the bar is open, amirite?

Comment

Kids want to play soccer. Parents want to watch kids play. I have no problem with not having parents watch practices, just drop you kid off and leave, or read a book, or go for a walk, whatever. Let the kid train without any parental distractions and let the coach do the job you pay him/her for.

As to games, I have a major problem with that, as a coach and a parent. Sports are meant to be played and watched. Most kids I know what their families at their games. Yeah, there is always the one overbearing parent yelling at the refs or coaching his kid from the sideline, but as a coach, that is fairly easy to deal with. Families should be able to watch their children's games, Covid or no Covid. There is zero science behind preventing spectators. We already have masks and social distancing, plus it is outdoors. Lastly, if you have any symptoms, don't go.

Comment

Kids want to play soccer. Parents want to watch kids play. I have no problem with not having parents watch practices, just drop you kid off and leave, or read a book, or go for a walk, whatever. Let the kid train without any parental distractions and let the coach do the job you pay him/her for.

As to games, I have a major problem with that, as a coach and a parent. Sports are meant to be played and watched. Most kids I know what their families at their games. Yeah, there is always the one overbearing parent yelling at the refs or coaching his kid from the sideline, but as a coach, that is fairly easy to deal with. Families should be able to watch their children's games, Covid or no Covid. There is zero science behind preventing spectators. We already have masks and social distancing, plus it is outdoors. Lastly, if you have any symptoms, don't go.
                            Agreed.

My old sons first premier coach 10 years back told the parents to go walk on the track over yonder or go to Starbucks or sit in your car but don't mull around and watch his practices. Reasoning was the last thing a kid whose trying something new in practice needs to experience is getting in the car afterwards and getting brow beaten by mom or dad about something they did in practice. Having parents not watch creates a safe space. I was offended at the time for about 15 minutes as the one cutting the checks but quickly got over it. I've steered clear of watching practices for him and my other kids since then and it works out well (at least in premier when the coach knows what they are doing). I don't at all get the parents that pull up a lawn chair and watch and cheer at practice but to each is or her own.

I'd also propose there's zero science to support the idea that spectators need to wear a mask when they are in the open outdoors watching and distancing adequately. In areas with low case counts in a state with lose case counts it's downright idiotic. And other states aren't doing it. Suggest doing it for an outdoor tournament with 10x more people (as opposed to a game at a facility w multiple fields) and it makes more sense.

Comment

I'd also propose there's zero science to support the idea that spectators need to wear a mask when they are in the open outdoors watching and distancing adequately. In areas with low case counts in a state with lose case counts it's downright idiotic. And other states aren't doing it. Suggest doing it for an outdoor tournament with 10x more people (as opposed to a game at a facility w multiple fields) and it makes more sense.
                              Not suggesting otherwise, but from a law-maker point of view, it's a lot easier to just put a blanket rule in vs. saying you only need it with a tournament. You start getting into strawman arguments (what if it's late and we are the last game? What if it's not a tournament, but it's a game changeover and their are double the people? What if this tournament is held where it's spread out and you are actually having more free space than a packed set of 6v6 games next to each other? What if it's not a tournament, just a series of round-robin games?)

Once you start getting into the weeds, the more defined you make it the more illogical it sounds to implement.

Comment

Head of Forekicks is a great guy, right???? https://boston.cbslocal.com/2010/11/...ed-for-hazing/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X