Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you know about Scorpions Taunton?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you know about Scorpions Taunton?

Hello starting the club search. Scorpions Taunton was recommended for proximity. We live in Fall River, MA, so we can go towards Providence or towards Taunton. We have a daughter age 11. She plays town competitive. Doing well but needs to get more practices, better competition and better coaching. We have a club that runs out of Fall River, but want to get her with a different group of girls because I think it's good to play other players. We will start attending practices in the spring but doing the research now. Hard to attend practices and games during COVID.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello starting the club search. Scorpions Taunton was recommended for proximity. We live in Fall River, MA, so we can go towards Providence or towards Taunton. We have a daughter age 11. She plays town competitive. Doing well but needs to get more practices, better competition and better coaching. We have a club that runs out of Fall River, but want to get her with a different group of girls because I think it's good to play other players. We will start attending practices in the spring but doing the research now. Hard to attend practices and games during COVID.
    They practice out of Forekicks in Taunton, and the name of the club is Scorpions - which sounds kind of cool, especially to an 11 year-old. There are lots of levels so they have a team for her and will definitely cash your check. After that, it's on you to determine fit based on personality fit of team with our daughter.

As for Providence area clubs, it all comes down to your family culture. Do you like to scream at players on the other team? Bring Red Solo cups to Sunday morning games? If so PVD is awesome.

Comment

They practice out of Forekicks in Taunton, and the name of the club is Scorpions - which sounds kind of cool, especially to an 11 year-old. There are lots of levels so they have a team for her and will definitely cash your check. After that, it's on you to determine fit based on personality fit of team with our daughter.

As for Providence area clubs, it all comes down to your family culture. Do you like to scream at players on the other team? Bring Red Solo cups to Sunday morning games? If so PVD is awesome.
      Um, thank you? That did not give me much. They will cask my check? Do you know anything about the coaching and level of competition? As for Providence area I was told Bruno or Bayside but I can't find anything on Bruno. Not sure I get the Red Solo cups? Are you implying parents are drinking in Providence at games? I am more focused on where my daughter will have a good coach and team Not worried about culture, just the sport.

Comment

Um, thank you? That did not give me much. They will cask my check? Do you know anything about the coaching and level of competition? As for Providence area I was told Bruno or Bayside but I can't find anything on Bruno. Not sure I get the Red Solo cups? Are you implying parents are drinking in Providence at games? I am more focused on where my daughter will have a good coach and team Not worried about culture, just the sport.
        Solo cups are for the tobacco chewers...

Comment

Not the poster you replied to. Scorpions is one of two clubs in the state that compete in ECNL for girls, currently the highest and most table level of competition for girls soccer. GA (Girls Academy, formerly GDA/Girls Development Academy) is the closest competitor league wise, but former DA clubs have had a bit of a disruption this last year and ECNL came out top dog.

Is your kid a baller? Is she dominating with her athleticism, aggression and skill in town? Does she have the talent, desire and drive to play D1/D2 college soccer? Then check out Scorpions. No? Plenty of other clubs around who can develop 11yo soccer players. ECNL is expensive with travel. What's the end goal. Serious question. Just getting more practices or better coaching is a pretty low bar.

In RI, you have Surf, Bayside, and Bruno. In Fall River, you have Liverpool and Noreaster. In Taunton, you have Scorpions and Junventus. Not sure where NEFC is now other than Mendon given they lost their South region to Surf. There is also a Surf MA, but I have no idea where their teams play out of as I think they are closer to Boston.

If it were me, I'd ask to have my kid attend a few practices with Scoprions and Bayside to get a feel for where my kid is competitively and then go from there.

Comment

Mine commutes over an hour to get to Taunton and loves the club. If your kid has higher aspirations ECNL is way to go and only Scorpions & Stars (in Lancaster) offer it. Best two clubs in MA IMO.

Comment

They have a lot of ex gps coaches who coached for the south coast region. Most of the gps coaches that came over coached low level teams for gps.

If your kid is good enough for Ecnl then they have great coaches. If it’s for scorpions south I would stay clear from those coaches.

Comment

Not the poster you replied to. Scorpions is one of two clubs in the state that compete in ECNL for girls, currently the highest and most table level of competition for girls soccer. GA (Girls Academy, formerly GDA/Girls Development Academy) is the closest competitor league wise, but former DA clubs have had a bit of a disruption this last year and ECNL came out top dog.

Is your kid a baller? Is she dominating with her athleticism, aggression and skill in town? Does she have the talent, desire and drive to play D1/D2 college soccer? Then check out Scorpions. No? Plenty of other clubs around who can develop 11yo soccer players. ECNL is expensive with travel. What's the end goal. Serious question. Just getting more practices or better coaching is a pretty low bar.

In RI, you have Surf, Bayside, and Bruno. In Fall River, you have Liverpool and Noreaster. In Taunton, you have Scorpions and Junventus. Not sure where NEFC is now other than Mendon given they lost their South region to Surf. There is also a Surf MA, but I have no idea where their teams play out of as I think they are closer to Boston.

If it were me, I'd ask to have my kid attend a few practices with Scoprions and Bayside to get a feel for where my kid is competitively and then go from there.
                Yes N'or Easter already has some of her team mates so we want to mix it up. Bayside or Scorpions sound interesting but hearing Bayside is better for boys? Is she a baller? Love this question. She is a midfielder and forward on her team and has drive and a competitive spirit. She is full of energy and loves the game. She plays a few sports so overall athletic kid. Too young IMO to know if her route is D1, 2, or 3. I hear parents talk that way but I know kids do their own thing.

Comment

They have a lot of ex gps coaches who coached for the south coast region. Most of the gps coaches that came over coached low level teams for gps.

If your kid is good enough for Ecnl then they have great coaches. If it’s for scorpions south I would stay clear from those coaches.
                  Is Scorpions South the Taunton location?

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

Don't listen to this stupid person. Bayside has some good girls teams, owns their own brand new turf facility, good coaches, etc. I grew up in Fall River and we get a bad rap just like Providence. Some of the A-hole suburban Boston people are worse

Comment

Yes it is.
                        One poster said not to go with Scorpions South but we don't live near Lancaster. Is there a big difference in coaching and so on?

Comment

By the way thank you so far very helpful advice.

Comment

One poster said not to go with Scorpions South but we don't live near Lancaster. Is there a big difference in coaching and so on?
                            Scorpions south/Taunton is excellent, but don’t take advice on an anonymous message board. Call the club and arrange for your player to participate in a training session or two. Every club will allow you to do that and you can see how the fit is.

Comment

Scorpions south/Taunton is excellent, but don’t take advice on an anonymous message board. Call the club and arrange for your player to participate in a training session or two. Every club will allow you to do that and you can see how the fit is.
                              We didn't think we could attend trainings during COVID with the whole stable groups at school figured the same with soccer?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X