X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPD must be dead

It’s been 3+ months since we’ve received any communications from
    EPD. Their website hasn’t been updated for months. It’s been 9 months since we’ve had any pool training.

And there have been zero refunds, zero explanations, and zero sh*ts given by Bastien. What a fraud.

So can we just go ahead and declare EPD dead?

I think between GA and ECNL it’s dead. In Eastern Washington, both Sounders and Surf are doing GA. Can’t see players doing both and that’s got to be 90% of their player pool. Management of the EPD program last year was a disaster. Almost zero communication, parent “coaches” filling in, last minute changes. We won’t be back.

Comment

Not to mention "tryouts" that are an exercise in favoritism as often as not (and I say this as someone who's kid made the team the last several years).

Comment

At ulittle ages like u12-14, EPD is good experience of an id camp and if chosen to go to phoenix and friendship cup. It is expensive and very political. PacNW owns this, so expect lots of bullcr@p. They like to take mostly PacNW kids, but they do add the other clubs to be politically smart. Coaches have influence who gets on. Regional pool is all political and they decide way before who goes to regional pool and beyond. As they say, the fix is in.

Do not take it too seriously. $300 for pool training, $1300 for phoenix, $500 for friendship cup, $1000 regional camp, and thanksgiving cup $$$$. College coaches are not that impressed with ODP anymore. Resume builder, but gotta show the goods.

U15 and beyond is mostly waste of time when ECNL teams have so many showcases to go to. Most good players do not go beyond this, which gives kids who never went before a chance to have fun and get some exposure. Probably more impressive to be chosen for PDP and ustc but that is in question now and I doubt EPD/ODP will happen for 2020-2021, if showcases do come up in the spring and hs soccer.

By U16, you should know where your kid stands and potential trajectory for college ball,
        if that is your route. Better to do invited id camps or local id camps for experience. Avoid pacnw id camps. A f*cking joke at best. They are trying to get suckers from select level teams to come and pay for recruiting coaches to come to watch Pacnw players. Avoid the mass email ones too and expensive ones like Seattle U fund raiser id camps. If your players is D1 level, that should be apparent. Good luck and stay safe.

Comment

My kids tried out for EPD once & didn't make it. Never bothered again. Both kids made it to top college programs despite not having that on the resume. Some of these things should be considered extracurriculars for fun if you have the money, period. Also, even with the politics, there will always be more qualified/capable players than spots. Encourage your kid not to let someone else define their worth or potential.

Comment

Oh oh somebody needs take a nap and a cookie, going from idle chatter to a PSA about parenting. If you did send two to college ball and a great college, you and your kids beat the odds of about 7-8% of players going beyond hs soccer. You know the bullsh*t games like I do, so enjoy it when your kids win it all. I get it. Good job, dad and relax the anger flexing.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Oh oh somebody needs take a nap and a cookie, going from idle chatter to a PSA about parenting. If you did send two to college ball and a great college, you and your kids beat the odds of about 7-8% of players going beyond hs soccer. You know the bullsh*t games like I do, so enjoy it when your kids win it all. I get it. Good job, dad and relax the anger flexing.
              Yeah, not angry, and not a dad, just wanted to encourage folks who might be worried because EPD is disappearing that kids can do fine in soccer without it. I just hope people can get their money back for this season if it doesn't happen, which it probably won't.

Comment

My kids tried out for EPD once & didn't make it. Never bothered again. Both kids made it to top college programs despite not having that on the resume. Some of these things should be considered extracurriculars for fun if you have the money, period. Also, even with the politics, there will always be more qualified/capable players than spots. Encourage your kid not to let someone else define their worth or potential.
                I appreciate your comment for its sensibility and sensitivity. Seriously. I can't believe how many snarky posts there are on this forum, and it gives me flashbacks to middle school. Insightful posts like yours are why I wade through this other crap, so thank you!

Comment

I appreciate your comment for its sensibility and sensitivity. Seriously. I can't believe how many snarky posts there are on this forum, and it gives me flashbacks to middle school. Insightful posts like yours are why I wade through this other crap, so thank you!
                  Thank you!

Comment

Agree

EPD was a joke this year. No communication for months. No refunds. We wont be back, if there even will be another year. My kids coach last year didn't even take the time to learn anyones names for the few months they did practice.

Comment

EPD was a joke this year. No communication for months. No refunds. We wont be back, if there even will be another year. My kids coach last year didn't even take the time to learn anyones names for the few months they did practice.
                      Funny. Our coaches asked for pictures so they could make selections for Regional IV championships because they didn’t know the kids’ names.

Comment

Our team was more of less told that WYS players would get priority in the program. It’s trash and needs to go away. No real reason for it any more except to pad bank accounts for Terry and Bastien.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X