•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WYS Newest Message Aug 19

such garbage.

To Our Washington Youth Soccer Family,
    Thanks for your continued support during this difficult time for all of us; we all want the same thing, to get back onto the field and play the game we all love. But safety is the highest priority, as always. Watch our website and social media channels for updates when we have them. Below is the latest update regarding fall soccer in Washington, and what to do to prepare your clubs and players for phase 3 when they get to that point.
    Washington Youth Soccer’s Recommended Steps for Fall Soccer
    We recognize and appreciate all the hard work by our members during this time, and sympathize with the uncertainties, the questions, and the needs that many of you have. As we continue to navigate these uncharted waters, we have a few steps that we recommend our members take right now.

Keep registration OPEN for the fall season. Until we know in certain terms what the season will look like, we want to operate as if a fall season is in the cards for all levels of youth soccer in our state.
    Continue clearing RMAs in your organization. This is one of the most important steps you can take to be ready to go at a moment’s notice if a fall season is to go forward. We want all coaches and administrators to be fully cleared and approved as soon as possible.
    Keep training your coaches. Coaching education might look a little different now with virtual learning and other changes from the norm, but we are working hard to make as much coaching education as possible available.
    Recruit volunteers wherever you have need in your organization. Youth soccer is powered by volunteers at nearly every level, and that budgetary uncertainty makes their presence even more significant. Identify the needs in your organization and recruit wherever and whenever possible.
    Make a plan, display it proudly, and stick to it. Make Washington Youth Soccer aware of any and all plans you have for the fall season, ideally with alternative plans at every phase of reopening and return to play. The plans outlined by Washington Youth Soccer in our return to play documents are still valid as of 7/30/20, and you can use whatever you need from them to craft your own. This includes our initial recommendations for youth soccer in phase 2 and 3 in Washington State, which are currently unaffected by the governor’s office’s latest changes to public gatherings in phase 3.
    Continue to communicate with your members, your leadership, and Washington Youth Soccer as things change on a local, state, and federal level. We will support you however we can, but the decisions must be made by you.
    Above all, control what you can control and plan for every possible scenario that you see your organization facing. Washington Youth Soccer will continue to update our Return to Play page with all relevant information for our membership, and we welcome questions at terry@washingtonyouthsoccer.org.
    Our priority is the health and safety of our players and families, and we will not do or recommend anything that unduly jeopardizes that goal. Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay connected. Together we will get through this, and don’t forget—MASK UP!

The governor’s office, as well as state and county public health officials, continue to monitor the pandemic closely, following all data and metrics to determine next steps. We at WYS are doing our best to acknowledge, clarify, and communicate all changes and updates with any relevance to youth soccer in Washington.
    For other Coronavirus-related updates, check out our COVID-19 info and status page.

it’s obvious no one knows what to do. sending kids to practice has been a waste of time, money and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      it’s obvious no one knows what to do. sending kids to practice has been a waste of time, money and effort.
      Why? Would you rather them at home doing nothing? Seems like a great time to send them to practice and get some exercise and be around the team albeit in smaller groups.

Comment

I’m afraid this is the new normal for awhile, probably for at least a year. Trying to get my son active has proven difficult.

Comment

I would probably feel the same if my kids were younger. Getting them to practice was so hard, even without a pandemic...but now I have two in college and youngest drives herself to training. Soccer provides a bit of normality and structure for her in this crzy time, even if it's just small group work. I'm grateful she has it. She has already committed to play college, so college coach wants to hear she is training with team and on her own...

Comment

Our training sessions have been more than fine and conducted in a safe manner following all guidelines.

Comment

Can't complain 3 one hour social distance training session aren't the same, but they are a lifeline for my kid right now. Bright spot of the day/week seeing some friends and getting out of the house. Very glad the club has made this an option. Teen daughters team you see some kids falling off, not doing the work, but the 12yo team work ethic is through the roof, those kids are hungry and see this as an opportunity to outwork other kids. They are fueling each other and it's fun to watch. We'll see if it continues, my guess is interest/desire will waver as this goes on without games.

Comment

How are numbers on the west side. Here on the east side, they seem to be getting better.

Comment

How are numbers on the west side. Here on the east side, they seem to be getting better.
                  Perception not accurate across Eastside. This is from Aug 18 Seattle Times

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...-the-eastside/

Some good news in the fight against COVID-19: A smaller portion of tests done in King County are coming back positive.

However, several parts of the county have moved in the opposite direction. The two biggest spikes in positivity rate were in Seattle’s Eastside suburbs.

In the 14-day period between July 27 and Aug. 10, the county’s positive-test rate dipped to 3.7%, according to my analysis of data from Public Health — Seattle & King County. Of the nearly 58,000 tests administered in that time, about 2,100 were positive.

That’s a bit lower than the preceding two-week period, July 13-July 27, when 3.9% of tests were positive.

Comment

East side of the state...

Comment

Can't complain 3 one hour social distance training session aren't the same, but they are a lifeline for my kid right now. Bright spot of the day/week seeing some friends and getting out of the house. Very glad the club has made this an option. Teen daughters team you see some kids falling off, not doing the work, but the 12yo team work ethic is through the roof, those kids are hungry and see this as an opportunity to outwork other kids. They are fueling each other and it's fun to watch. We'll see if it continues, my guess is interest/desire will waver as this goes on without games.
                      will be hard when kids go back to school- virtually or otherwise and it’s 38 degrees outside and raining sideways.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X