Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rainier challenge still on?

We got a message from our club that Rainier Challenge is still scheduled to start on August 21st. I'm surprised they're able to do it given that it seems other tournaments are getting canceled. What do you think? Will it happen? If it does, will your child attend?

Competitive dance, tennis, golf, baseball, swimming, softball - I think all of these are back up and running so hopefully they get some soccer going. Very good for kids. Not being out playing and exercising is bad for kids in so many ways.

Comment

I don't see any chance that Rainier Challenge will happen starting in a few weeks. Of course, I don't think WP has been following nay of the social distancing guidelines throughout this entier situation so maybe Seth and his crew will jsut go ahead and push it through to take money from the teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Competitive dance, tennis, golf, baseball, swimming, softball - I think all of these are back up and running so hopefully they get some soccer going. Very good for kids. Not being out playing and exercising is bad for kids in so many ways.
        Just call it a protest and no one will bother you.....should work.

Comment

We got a message from our club that Rainier Challenge is still scheduled to start on August 21st. I'm surprised they're able to do it given that it seems other tournaments are getting canceled. What do you think? Will it happen? If it does, will your child attend?
          Its on... until its cancelled again. I'm highly skeptical that its going to happen.

Comment

Pierce county is in worse shape than king county pretty much zero chance rainier challenge will happen. 139 cases per 100k in pierce, and their percentage testing positive is at 8.5% vs king county at 95 per 100k and 3.7% positive test rate.

Comment

Yet schools are starting in other states....go figure.

Comment

I don't see any chance that Rainier Challenge will happen starting in a few weeks. Of course, I don't think WP has been following nay of the social distancing guidelines throughout this entier situation so maybe Seth and his crew will jsut go ahead and push it through to take money from the teams.
                I have 2 kids there and they have been following strict guidelines. Not sure where you are getting your info from.

6' apart
                groups of 4 that are consistent from week to week
                mask on till you are in your group
                parents in the car

Comment

I have 2 kids there and they have been following strict guidelines. Not sure where you are getting your info from.

6' apart
                  groups of 4 that are consistent from week to week
                  mask on till you are in your group
                  parents in the car
                  I'm there 3 nights a week with my kid. They most certainly are not.

Comment

I'm there 3 nights a week with my kid. They most certainly are not.
                    wow, you are? You must be a horrible parent to subject your kid to that kind of blatant abuse.

Comment

wow, you are? You must be a horrible parent to subject your kid to that kind of blatant abuse.
                      I am. You should see my basement.

Comment

I drive by three fields every day and they are packed with kids. On weekends parents are out in full force watching ballgames but look to be mostly keeping 6 foot distances.

Comment

I am. You should see my basement.
                          I'll just wait until they do the Netflix documentary on you to see your basement.

Comment

I drive by three fields every day and they are packed with kids. On weekends parents are out in full force watching ballgames but look to be mostly keeping 6 foot distances.
                            packed?....they have 9 full size fields there and some small side ones. Surely you are joking.

Comment

Rainier Challenge has been officially cancelled.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X