Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think it's really important to understand that a lot of social media is just marketing. Posting when it's the trendy thing to do is nice, but means nothing if families of color don't feel welcome in your club when they are actually on the field. PAC actually has diversity, so families need to take that into account. If I could do things over for my kids, we would've looked at PAC more closely
    This is 100% correct.

It's one thing to post (or not post) on social media. What a club ACTUALLY does is much more important.

(We couldn't be happier to be at Pac for various reasons. The diversity seen with players, coaches and administration are one part of that, combined with the progressive and inclusive mentality of the coaches, administration and parents.)

Comment

Sickening comments. Of course it means the clubs don't care and are racist.
      Instead of throwing out sarcasm, why don't you dispute the statements? If you are a coach or director of coaching at one of the clubs people claim dont care about racism and abuse of people of color, state your case.

Post a link to EFCs diversity statement. If they don't have one, explain, maybe it isn't important because you (the club) already goes over and above with policies that are inclusive?

It isn't worth the time to show your team stands against racism?

If you feel there isn't racism and the death of Floyd is overblown say so.

If clubs promote 100% white Male as DOCs and board members because there arent any qualified women and people of color, say so.

If you don't give a f×ck and you feel your obligation starts and ends on the soccer field, say so.

But dont fly over and say sarcastically "Of course it means the clubs don't care and are racist."

Defend your position with facts.

Comment

Instead of throwing out sarcasm, why don't you dispute the statements? If you are a coach or director of coaching at one of the clubs people claim dont care about racism and abuse of people of color, state your case.

Post a link to EFCs diversity statement. If they don't have one, explain, maybe it isn't important because you (the club) already goes over and above with policies that are inclusive?

It isn't worth the time to show your team stands against racism?

If you feel there isn't racism and the death of Floyd is overblown say so.

If clubs promote 100% white Male as DOCs and board members because there arent any qualified women and people of color, say so.

If you don't give a f×ck and you feel your obligation starts and ends on the soccer field, say so.

But dont fly over and say sarcastically "Of course it means the clubs don't care and are racist."

Defend your position with facts.
        Yes, defend a clubs position on an anonymous message board of lunatics (I have nothing to do with any club for the record). Great idea.

Comment

Yes, defend a clubs position on an anonymous message board of lunatics (I have nothing to do with any club for the record). Great idea.
          So you decided to mock and undercut a message from someone who obviously feels strongly about racial justice and equity by posting on a "board of lunatics" yourself. If you don't care about the topic of this thread, at least stay out of it.

Comment

So you decided to mock and undercut a message from someone who obviously feels strongly about racial justice and equity by posting on a "board of lunatics" yourself. If you don't care about the topic of this thread, at least stay out of it.
            I am not mocking any message. I am saying that 10 words on a twitter page somewhere do not mean a club believes in racial justice or that a club doesn't care about it.
            What I am mocking is thinking that someone would come on here as a representative of any club. We are all lunatics or we wouldn't be here.

Comment

So as the VOLUNTEER social media person for one of the EWA clubs I didn't manage to post (actually it was a repost) something until yesterday evening. Does that mean that our whole club not interested in diversity and inclusion - NO! Does it mean that I work FT job that I get paid for while trying to to homeschool my kids before I have time to think about getting on or club account? Probably. Sheesh people, cool your jets.

Comment

...Nobody is talking about the thread!!! Really how diverse are our teams/clubs? Individually is the team your kid plays for very diverse? The stream of coaches your kid has access to very diverse I truly am curious!

Comment

So as the VOLUNTEER social media person for one of the EWA clubs I didn't manage to post (actually it was a repost) something until yesterday evening. Does that mean that our whole club not interested in diversity and inclusion - NO! Does it mean that I work FT job that I get paid for while trying to to homeschool my kids before I have time to think about getting on or club account? Probably. Sheesh people, cool your jets.
                  No one cares about Three Rivers you lunatic. Cool your jets.

Comment

It’s good to see that on Social Media of the big 5 WPFC, Pac NW & and Seattle United showed support for the cause against Racism.
                    PAC NW and racial diversity ..seriously... I remember when 4 Black families took there kids left the club with a 2 year span I wish I would have left sooner with them..

Comment

PAC NW and racial diversity ..seriously... I remember when 4 Black families took there kids left the club with a 2 year span I wish I would have left sooner with them..
                      The joys of anonymity, folks. People can spout whatever nonsense they want because Little Timmy didn't make the team after all of his private training.

Comment

Just ignore the troll, likely posting half the messages on here. This is his life.

Comment

The joys of anonymity, folks. People can spout whatever nonsense they want because Little Timmy didn't make the team after all of his private training.
                          Another PACNW Fanboy parent drinking the cool aid

Comment

No one cares about Three Rivers you lunatic. Cool your jets.
                            Dude, but thanks for looking up the social on every EWA team until you figured it out. Bored much?

Comment

It is a quarantine...lol. Not much else to do...

Comment

I am not mocking any message. I am saying that 10 words on a twitter page somewhere do not mean a club believes in racial justice or that a club doesn't care about it.
                                What I am mocking is thinking that someone would come on here as a representative of any club. We are all lunatics or we wouldn't be here.
                                Thanks for that clarification. And you got the lunatic part right. I've been accused of being Bernie on this board lol and I think maybe Jimmy one time? I'm just a random mom who wastes time here

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X