Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The sham is thumping your chests and proud of your 9 year run of supremacy in this division, (as posted). Everyone in the league knows the deal. OES and Catlin are loaded with FC PDX kids and the teams you play are made up of mostly rural kids who play for clubs most of us have never heard of.

By all means take your spoils and enjoy the moment but do not rub the rest of the states nose in it please.
    exactly except generally most of the kids outside of Portland don't play club at all.

Comment

exactly except generally most of the kids outside of Portland don't play club at all.
      You play the team on your schedule. The students, parents and coaches don’t set OSAA Leagues. It is what it is. Complaining on here and making fun of rich people isn’t changing a damn thing.

Comment

You play the team on your schedule. The students, parents and coaches don’t set OSAA Leagues. It is what it is. Complaining on here and making fun of rich people isn’t changing a damn thing.

Funny, no one is making fun of rich people. Just shining a light on a situation. If the glow is uncomfortable; then it is a you problem.

Comment

Funny, no one is making fun of rich people. Just shining a light on a situation. If the glow is uncomfortable; then it is a you problem.
          Pretty much spot on.

If you can recruit the 14-16 best players from within an hours drive it doesn't matter how big or small your school is. No community nurturing or development has taken place. The people "benefiting" are not ignorant or naive, it's not like the boys from Boadman a few years ago when parents had seen those kids grow up from parks and rec. through some low rent volunteer coached club to beat the big school with all the advantages.

It's just the way it is. Some think it's fair, some think it's not. Who cares...in a couple years, nobody will care.

Comment

Pretty much spot on.

If you can recruit the 14-16 best players from within an hours drive it doesn't matter how big or small your school is. No community nurturing or development has taken place. The people "benefiting" are not ignorant or naive, it's not like the boys from Boadman a few years ago when parents had seen those kids grow up from parks and rec. through some low rent volunteer coached club to beat the big school with all the advantages.

It's just the way it is. Some think it's fair, some think it's not. Who cares...in a couple years, nobody will care.
            Don’t confuse CG/OES to Jesuit. There is no recruiting for athletes going on at those schools.

Comment

Don’t confuse CG/OES to Jesuit. There is no recruiting for athletes going on at those schools.
              LOL, same crowd actually but CG/OES kids probably not good enough to; “for sure” start at Jesuit or they would be there....

Comment

LOL, same crowd actually but CG/OES kids probably not good enough to; “for sure” start at Jesuit or they would be there....
                Basically, we hate anyone who is good and assume that the only reason they are good is due to cheating.

Comment

Basically, we hate anyone who is good and assume that the only reason they are good is due to cheating.

Sorry the light bothers you.
                  Actually love good; But think good clocked in unfair is ugly when gloating. I really do not even care, but when you brag about 9 years of supremacy at OES/CG it sounds bad.

Jesuit is a good team. They have an advantage; they have really good players and they play at the top division even though the enrollment numbers are small. I have no issue with that..

Comment

4A girls and 3A girls first round predictions

Thoughts? Others predictions?
                    3A
                    CG over Umatilla 6-0
                    Cascade over Riverside 3-2
                    Santiam over Douglas 3-0
                    Yamhill over Westside 2-2 in PK's
                    OES over Lakeview 7-0
                    Brookings over Blanchet 3-1
                    Portland Christian over Pleasant Hill 2-0
                    St Mary's over Dayton 3-0

4A
                    Gladstone over Mazama 7-0
                    Valley over Woodburn 2-1
                    North Marion over Stayton 3-1
                    Hidden Valley over Banks 4-1
                    Marist over Ontario 7-0
                    Philomath over Henley 3-0
                    Molalla over La Grande 2-1 OT
                    North Valley over Cottage Grove 6-1

Comment

Quarterfinals

Ok so I was off on a few but new predictions for quarterfinals. Jump in if you think differently!

3A
                      Catlin over Riverside (6-0), CG with a statement in the first round
                      Yamhill over Santiam (3-1), I don't thank Santiam as the offense to stay with Yamhill
                      OES over Blanchet (4-0), Blanchet got the surprise win, but OES will be too strong
                      St Mary's over PC in a shootout, toss up game

4A
                      Gladstone over Woodburn (7-0) Gladstone is on a mission
                      Hidden over North (2-1) Hidden will fall back on experience
                      Marist over Philomath (5-1) Marist looks to have the good this year
                      North over La Grande (3-1) I think La Grande will get exposed in this game

OK what do other think?

Comment

Ok so I was off on a few but new predictions for quarterfinals. Jump in if you think differently!

3A
                        Catlin over Riverside (6-0), CG with a statement in the first round
                        Yamhill over Santiam (3-1), I don't thank Santiam as the offense to stay with Yamhill
                        OES over Blanchet (4-0), Blanchet got the surprise win, but OES will be too strong
                        St Mary's over PC in a shootout, toss up game

4A
                        Gladstone over Woodburn (7-0) Gladstone is on a mission
                        Hidden over North (2-1) Hidden will fall back on experience
                        Marist over Philomath (5-1) Marist looks to have the good this year
                        North over La Grande (3-1) I think La Grande will get exposed in this game

OK what do other think?
                        Funny Woodburn spanked Gladstone and North Marion blanked Hidden Valley. Those two schools will play each other in the semi-finals. Unlike the boys of North Marion last year, I think the girls have a chance. Woodburn's Club has a pretty good D1 team that loses badly in TTL Premier - and those girls are a big part of both programs so it doesn't surprise me they are doing well in High School.

Soccer math says North Valley is going to get beat...like they did in pre-season by Marist.

But I think the "real championship" is the North Marion Woodburn game.

Comment

Playoffs

Good shout on the Woodburn and North Marion in the quarterfinal wins.

4A Semis
                          Woodburn v North Marion- both teams come in after big 'upset' wins in the previous round. With a berth to the final on the win I think this game will be a tossup and stay close. North Marion 3 Woodburn 2.

Marist v North Valley- Both will feel it is theirs to lose and the game will be physical. I think North will get on the board first but Marist will mount the comeback. Marist 2 North Valley 1.

3A Semis
                          I don't think either game will be close as Catlin Gabel and OES seem to be on course for a 5th straight matchup in the final.

Yamhill-Carlton v Catlin Gabel- OES beat Yamhill 6-1 early in the year. Yamhill is in the semi for the first time and has made a great run, but AI don't think they will have the firepower to stay with Catlin Gabel. Catlin Gabel 4 Yamhill 1.

OES v St Mary's- Catlin Gabel beat St Mary's 9-1 early in the year. St Mary's seems to always be in the semi, but then run out of gas. OES does have to travel to Medford, but OES should be able to handle the young attack from St Mary's. OES 3 St Marys 1.

Comment

I watched the first league game between Woodburn and Stayton and I saw the 1st round playoff game between North Marion and Stayton.

I recall Stayton seemed to control the 1st game against Woodburn and it seemed unjust they lost. Stayton won their second meeting handily. Woodburn seemed to lack leaders and organization. It seemed their plan was to kick it up to the forward and hope she scores. They had a few real good players.

Stayton vs. North Marion. I'm surprised it wasn't 5-0 halfway through the half. North Marion had a very good build-up and kept creating shots and chances. They put 2 away fairly quick and their team seemed very relaxed possessing as a group. But after two goals they seemed to slack off. Stayton scored right after halftime and I don't remember when they got the 2nd. North Marion dominated OT and their player was sideswiped 1v1 against the keeper with few seconds left. The result was fair

Woodburn and North Marion met in pre-season and North Marion destroyed them 7-0. That was a long time ao....and for some strange reason, North Marion has decided to play THEIR HOME GAME AT WOODBURN.

I don't know anything about the other teams.

Comment

4A:

Girls:

Woodburn vs. Marist Catholic

Boys:

Woodburn Vs. Stayton

I guess the whole 1200 students and drop to 4A is working for Woodburn...

Woodburn girls have evolved and are peaking at the right time. Look for them to win.

Boys; Stayton has won both meetings...but I don't think they make it 3.

Look for Woodburn to sweep 4A soccer to the ire of every other loser who saw their High School dreams dashed by a bunch of bureaucrats at OSAA.

Comment

Can OES pull it off? CG beat them twice this year, but 3rd time's a charm?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X