X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abbreviations

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like the Team Manager's DC is better then your DC and you are just bitter.
    I don't know what a DC is. Let me know and I'll tell you if I'm bitter about it.

Comment

So many of you don't think there is any need for a team manager, but there is a person who is even more useless and pointless...
      I tell you what's not needed: an ASSISTANT COACH!
      Just plain pointless. Only exists because we try to mimic the pro game where a coach has 5 different assistants.
      Chiming in from another state very interesting discussion and I agree wholeheartedly with the points about the managers influence on the team and the coach.

How about a team that had a parent who was on the board as the the VP of the club served, as an assistant coach and the manager of his kids team - even though he had no qualifications to coach whatsoever. And this was an ecnl team and club.
      Yep and all the points regarding the cons of parent involvement fit this guy to the tee. Pretty much destroyed the team - it was a slow growing cancer, and I could never wrap my head around why the club allowed it to happen. Talk about multiple conflicts of interest. The club DOC eventually lost his job, and the club is in a downward spiral due in large part to the actions of this one parent, and the reputation the club now has. Nobody wants to pay money and have a Non professional parent coach their kid.

Comment

Team Manager = Captain of Helicopter Mom Fleet

Chiming in from another state very interesting discussion and I agree wholeheartedly with the points about the managers influence on the team and the coach.

How about a team that had a parent who was on the board as the the VP of the club served, as an assistant coach and the manager of his kids team - even though he had no qualifications to coach whatsoever. And this was an ecnl team and club.
        Yep and all the points regarding the cons of parent involvement fit this guy to the tee. Pretty much destroyed the team - it was a slow growing cancer, and I could never wrap my head around why the club allowed it to happen. Talk about multiple conflicts of interest. The club DOC eventually lost his job, and the club is in a downward spiral due in large part to the actions of this one parent, and the reputation the club now has. Nobody wants to pay money and have a Non professional parent coach their kid.
        with all these so called "pros" you would think the usmnt would have at least qualified for the last world cup. this entire us soccer system is nothing but a money grab and a complete and total joke.

Comment

The problem is most often not a team manager. How about parents? Some parents have no idea how much team managers do and show absolutely no appreciation and do not respond timely, accurately or show any sort of respect or appreciation. You read the posts. Registration, scheduling, software, last minute changes, mix-ups, reminders, directions, questions, travel accommodations, questions, complaints....takes a lot of time.

Comment

The problem is most often not a team manager. How about parents? Some parents have no idea how much team managers do and show absolutely no appreciation and do not respond timely, accurately or show any sort of respect or appreciation. You read the posts. Registration, scheduling, software, last minute changes, mix-ups, reminders, directions, questions, travel accommodations, questions, complaints....takes a lot of time.
            My suggestion is if you want to volunteer for helping it, do so with no expectations. Depending on what they actually want you to do, don't expect to be compensated for it. Don't expect anything for your kid. Don't use it as a way to pull information from the coach so you can tell the rest of the team. And, finally, don't do it looking for "thank you's" from the other parents.

Put your shift in. Be a good citizen for the club. Do your part to help things run smooth if you want. Or, if you don't...that's OK as well.

Comment

I agree, but parents should be respectful and not make a TM’s job harder than it has to be.

My suggestion is if you want to volunteer for helping it, do so with no expectations. Depending on what they actually want you to do, don't expect to be compensated for it. Don't expect anything for your kid. Don't use it as a way to pull information from the coach so you can tell the rest of the team. And, finally, don't do it looking for "thank you's" from the other parents.

Put your shift in. Be a good citizen for the club. Do your part to help things run smooth if you want. Or, if you don't...that's OK as well.

Comment

I feel bad for the manager and the daughter's of the TM - just this past weekend I over heard parents questioning the the spot of the TM's daughter on our team during and again after the game. Our TM still stays on the sidelines with our coach although I have heard some teams don't so this? These girls just want to play soccer, let's not undervalue or diminish their right to be on the team, just because their Mom (or Dad) volunteered to help manage the team. It seems like an absolute thankless job to me, and after over hearing the gossip this weekend, I am glad my daughter earned her spot and is not going to be constantly scrutinized by parent with low self-esteem. AND finally - to all these crazy Dads ranking the team and stirring up the blue versus white debate, the college coaches don't care. Just focus on getting your daughter seen and allow her to enjoy the game before she quits because her Dad ruined it for her....you know who you are ......

Comment

I feel bad for the manager and the daughter's of the TM - just this past weekend I over heard parents questioning the the spot of the TM's daughter on our team during and again after the game. Our TM still stays on the sidelines with our coach although I have heard some teams don't so this? These girls just want to play soccer, let's not undervalue or diminish their right to be on the team, just because their Mom (or Dad) volunteered to help manage the team. It seems like an absolute thankless job to me, and after over hearing the gossip this weekend, I am glad my daughter earned her spot and is not going to be constantly scrutinized by parent with low self-esteem. AND finally - to all these crazy Dads ranking the team and stirring up the blue versus white debate, the college coaches don't care. Just focus on getting your daughter seen and allow her to enjoy the game before she quits because her Dad ruined it for her....you know who you are ......
                  Wow. So now we know the team? The manager of the team and the daughter? Daughters? Thanks.

Comment

Just wait until that team gets a new coach and a fresh set of eyes.

Comment

Nailed it with the parents with low self esteem, as well as knowing deep down their kids ain't all that. If your kid is good, had a good attitude and on the right team they'll play plenty. If they're not playing much ask yourself why. Chances are it's not the right fit or they have a bad attitude. Most coaches are competent, most team managers are just trying to help. Stop assuming the worst in everybody.

Also, if you gossip with parents about the manager or worse, players, just remember those same parents will gossip about your kid too when you're out of earshot.

Comment

We have gone without a tm...stinks. Much better having tm, we are thany. We give a little something @xmas

Comment

^thankful

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X