Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open title races

I think 4a is the most open title race on the girls side. Too early to tell but I think 5-6 teams have an equal shot.

At 3a can anyone beat OES?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    At the 3a or 4a level who has a shot? Any public schools going to make a run this fall?

In 4a I think the following teams can win it
    Valley Catholic
    Gladstone
    Marist
    Hidden Valley
    North Valley
    Missing anyone? and why?

In 3a I think the following teams can win it
    OES
    Catlin Gabel
    Brookings-Harbor
    St Mary's
    Santiam Christian
    Missing anyone? Why?

Comment

I think 4a is the most open title race on the girls side. Too early to tell but I think 5-6 teams have an equal shot.

At 3a can anyone beat OES?
      Maybe only Caitlin Gable.

Comment

Oh boy, if you can’t beat them then blame it on recruiting. When you find out there is not recruiting then let’s talk about priests.
        1. Yes priests are sickos and how much do you want to bet on the odds that one of them is a sicko?

2. When you get your rocks off of a school that competes against other schools bound by local boundaries for players you are without any kind of actual accomplishments.

3. Let’s talk more about the catholic organization in general.

But let’s let the Jesuit parents and coaches be ok with some of that sick stuff. At least high schools sports is something they can shamelessly support...

Comment

I'm glad my DC's are in 4A where HS soccer is part of the HS experience. Riding the bus, having fun. The competition appears to be a mixed bag. A few really good teams and a few really bad ones.

All my DC's play club, as do many/most of their teammates. I think they are on the same level of most Premier OYSA teams, for what that is worth.

Many of the coaches are not X Licensed and as thoughtful as you find in many clubs. You see more whistles, clipboards and people standing around.

Watching the disparity and considering some of the factors with certain schools it might be worth having a shorter playoff then an open tournament. 8 team playoff for winner each of the A's, then a tournament among them for overall state champion.

Comment

4A where HS soccer is part of the HS experience. Riding the bus, having fun.
            Sweet Home lost 19-0 to Woodburn.

How about that for an experience!

Comment

3a girls teams

I think you are right and Catlin Gabel can win it this year. I hear OES graduated most starters from last year. Then their two best returning players are out for the season already. One through injury and one choosing not to play HS soccer.

Maybe only Caitlin Gable.

Comment

I think you are right and Catlin Gabel can win it this year. I hear OES graduated most starters from last year. Then their two best returning players are out for the season already. One through injury and one choosing not to play HS soccer.
                Is the one choosing not to play hs, playing GDA instead?

Comment

3a girls teams

I heard she doesn't like the OES program and is training on her own. Does anyone have better information?

Is the one choosing not to play hs, playing GDA instead?

Comment

I think she is not playing during league play because the level of competition is poor. If she is getting serious looks from a top Div I team, she needs to find the best training environment and competition. The OES coach is strong, but she would only have 3-4 games worthy of competition.

Comment

I think she is not playing during league play because the level of competition is poor. If she is getting serious looks from a top Div I team, she needs to find the best training environment and competition. The OES coach is strong, but she would only have 3-4 games worthy of competition.
                      She will be playing D-1, and needs to train with and against solid competition in preparation for that.

Comment

3a girls teams

A few new teams at the top of the rankings. I know its early and that can change quick when more games are played but are Santiam Christian and Portland Christian for real? Is it actually a big match up for them against each other tonight?

Also cool to see Cascade Christian and Riverside in the top 5. Changing of the guard at all?

Comment

No love for 4A.....

Marist Catholic, North Marion, Gladstone.

Corbett in the top 10. Woodburn just outside!!!!

Personally I'm rooting for Woodburn. They've got like 10 boys state titles and none for the girls.

Comment

She will be playing D-1, and needs to train with and against solid competition in preparation for that.
                            I would’ve thought this but then why are the Thorns academy players that are going D1 playing high school soccer instead of da?

Comment

I would’ve thought this but then why are the Thorns academy players that are going D1 playing high school soccer instead of da?
                              Because her HS (OES) does not have a lot of strong players to train with, and the competition does not have a lot of strong players to play/compete against.

Comment

A few new teams at the top of the rankings. I know its early and that can change quick when more games are played but are Santiam Christian and Portland Christian for real? Is it actually a big match up for them against each other tonight?

Also cool to see Cascade Christian and Riverside in the top 5. Changing of the guard at all?
                                It was a really good match up. I also think PC underutilized their best player and it likely would have been a very different game with her playing an attacking /offensive roll.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X