Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is Sunrise dominating the 18/19 USA GDA team? BTW...those girls are actually getting real soccer money. Not a pair of cleats and wind breaker from the Athletic department, so they can say “I’m committed.”

I’ll hang up and listen.
    Lots of non DA- ecnl players get what you call “real money”. But also be smart enough to know that not many get full rides regardless of talent. FSU isn’t going to give any Florida girl a full ride first year. It is going to be academic and books . And he will only take 1-2 in state a year. If they make it and make an impact he may full ride them later. More and more that is the way all college coaches are going. Minimal first year and then if you produce and make it- then a larger scholarship and maybe a full ride your last 2 years. That is the reality of women’s college soccer.

Comment

Lots of non DA- ecnl players get what you call “real money”. But also be smart enough to know that not many get full rides regardless of talent. FSU isn’t going to give any Florida girl a full ride first year. It is going to be academic and books . And he will only take 1-2 in state a year. If they make it and make an impact he may full ride them later. More and more that is the way all college coaches are going. Minimal first year and then if you produce and make it- then a larger scholarship and maybe a full ride your last 2 years. That is the reality of women’s college soccer.
      Not in our experience. There is a phrase "starter money." If your daughter is at the higher end and in a position of need, then they'all offer her starter money. Starter money tends to be clser to what they really can do...."

"Minimal first year and then if you produce and make it- then a larger scholarship and maybe a full ride your last 2 years. That is the reality of women’s college soccer."

Our daughter has been offere

Comment

The travel is insane for ECNL and DA...They need to come to their senses. There is plenty of talent in Florida to have a conference in-state.
        I agree ECNL and DA travel at U13 and U14 is beyond silly. Having league games out of state at that is age makes no sense. I mean really having 12 or 13 year old travel to NC or Alabama to play a league game is the soccer equivalent to a tree falling in the forest with nobody around.

Comment

I agree ECNL and DA travel at U13 and U14 is beyond silly. Having league games out of state at that is age makes no sense. I mean really having 12 or 13 year old travel to NC or Alabama to play a league game is the soccer equivalent to a tree falling in the forest with nobody around.
          From a recruiting standpoint, I wouldn’t disagree.

The reason those teams are set up at the younger ages is to facilitate the best players playing with and against each other...in therory.

No one argues that playing with and against the best competition possible is the best way develop a player.

Comment

Not in our experience. There is a phrase "starter money." If your daughter is at the higher end and in a position of need, then they'all offer her starter money. Starter money tends to be clser to what they really can do...."

"Minimal first year and then if you produce and make it- then a larger scholarship and maybe a full ride your last 2 years. That is the reality of women’s college soccer."

Your daughter wasn’t offered at a top 10 or probably 20 school. If you say she was offered a full ride as a freshman at FSU you are a liar. The last 3 Fl soccer players of the year that went there got basically books for year one. Then the full ride afterwards in later years. That is truth.

Comment

I don't see what the fuss is about with these top leagues. Why do I want my kid competing against Top Hat and Concord when my daughters teammates are not able to play at that level. NPL is a much better option for South Florida Talent as we are not there in this area.
              Even if we ignore the complete lack of recruiting exposure, NPL competition itself is terrible. The top 2 teams in our division have a 47-4 and 37-7 goal differential, and 4 teams are still under 6 goals scored all season! It is a waste of time and money to travel around the state for that competition.

If DA & ECNL teams would play outside their leagues, coupled with the top region and national league teams from Florida, there would be enough talent within the state to keep travel within. However, because of the league dilution, the top teams are forced to travel to far and wide to find strong competition (and college exposure).

Comment

My daughter had 6 offers and took the lowest one. Why? Best school for major, top soccer program and a coach who really has a vision for her. She could ha e picked several d-2 schools who were going to cover everything 100% and have other d-1’s with 40-60% atheletic and 25% academic. She took a 25 and 25 deal for the best school and best program. And a promise of more money if and when it opens up- too many internationals. That is the real story of women’s soccer/ except most of the girls has 4.4 gpa’s And 30-32 on their ACT and get full academic. My daughter isn’t that smart- just works hard for a 3.9 and a 24

Comment

The travel is insane for ECNL and DA...They need to come to their senses. There is plenty of talent in Florida to have a conference in-state.
                  My friend has 13 home games in GDA and ECNL has the same number of home games +/- a few. So the travel for ECNL and GDA outside of the home games are worse in your view. Traveling around the state to play rec teams is harsh. Just ask the parents from Sunrise that traveled 4.5 hours, paid for an overnight stay to play a game and win 13-0.

Comment

My friend has 13 home games in GDA and ECNL has the same number of home games +/- a few. So the travel for ECNL and GDA outside of the home games are worse in your view. Traveling around the state to play rec teams is harsh. Just ask the parents from Sunrise that traveled 4.5 hours, paid for an overnight stay to play a game and win 13-0.
                    Most times ECNL tries to pair up travel away so you're playing two games in a weekend when you travel. Most time DA is one game a weekend because they want the 4:1 practice/game ratio. Over the course of the year it pretty much washes out, but the ECNL schedule is just compressed.

Comment

My daughter had 6 offers and took the lowest one. Why? Best school for major, top soccer program and a coach who really has a vision for her. She could ha e picked several d-2 schools who were going to cover everything 100% and have other d-1’s with 40-60% atheletic and 25% academic. She took a 25 and 25 deal for the best school and best program. And a promise of more money if and when it opens up- too many internationals. That is the real story of women’s soccer/ except most of the girls has 4.4 gpa’s And 30-32 on their ACT and get full academic. My daughter isn’t that smart- just works hard for a 3.9 and a 24
                      Wow- someone comes on here and tells the truth? Is it a fake post then? Florida players get little to no atheletic money because they get bright futures. That money is saved for international or out of state. If you go out of state they expect you to get academic money. So best you can hope for is 50% if you are a top talent baller.

Comment

Wow- someone comes on here and tells the truth? Is it a fake post then? Florida players get little to no atheletic money because they get bright futures. That money is saved for international or out of state. If you go out of state they expect you to get academic money. So best you can hope for is 50% if you are a top talent baller.
                        Not true.

The top players are getting more than 50%.

If they have have great grades, it’s easier cause they coaches can get them some academic money and save some soccer money for another recruit. Nobody cares how you spilt it up exactly. $$ is $$.

If you think those players from USA GDA that are playing on national teams are getting only 50% you are wrong.

Comment

Not true.

If they have have great grades, it’s easier cause they coaches can get them some academic money and save some soccer money for another recruit. Nobody cares how you spilt it up exactly. $$ is $$.

If you think those players from USA GDA that are playing on national teams are getting only 50% you are wrong.
                          Not talking about those couple of players. They have nothing to do with most players. Talking about strong players and how this can work for them.

Comment

Not talking about those couple of players. They have nothing to do with most players. Talking about strong players and how this can work for them.
                            fair enough

Comment

very true!

Comment

Not true.

I don’t think you followed the previous poster - about the most you can get atheletcally is 50%- they expect women’s soccer players to have good grades and get acedemoc scholarship. Most girls have a 4.0 and have an ACT of 30.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X