X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is GCU an online school?
    I didn’t know there was a school in the Grand Canyon?

Comment

The coach is probably a nutcase and no one should be running to join that school.

Comment

I didn’t know there was a school in the Grand Canyon?
        In the Grand Canyon? No wonder asses are being ridden!

Comment

Shouldn't conditioning at 100 degrees Fahrenheit and conditioning based punishment i.e. running 120's after a bad loss be expected if you go to a school in Phoenix Arizona? Most conversations about PHX are "Jeez winters are fabulous but summer gets really hot"

Comment

Shouldn't conditioning at 100 degrees Fahrenheit and conditioning based punishment i.e. running 120's after a bad loss be expected if you go to a school in Phoenix Arizona? Most conversations about PHX are "Jeez winters are fabulous but summer gets really hot"
            Problem falls under both players and coaching staff.

This is a small no name Div 1 school like a hundred others in the country. Most of the players that decide to go to small Div 1 schools like this one go because of the sensation of playing Div 1 soccer when it’s really not.

The parents and the child should always visit and watch a few training sessions and a game. My suggestion is for families to do some research and pick a game that they might lose....this way you get to watch the coach perform under real pressures of the game. Every coach will show their true colors under the gun.

Second....
            Why are there coaches coaching like this still? Is it 1987? This is one of the main reason why this country doesn’t advance in the game. There are thousands of these coaches in our country teaching kids. If any of you want to watch a few of them go to your local high school programs and watch these coaches hammer the fitness for the first month of training with players that have been playing for 8 months and are pretty fit.
            The reason why these coaches coach this way is because they are lost and have no clue how to teach.

Comment

Problem falls under both players and coaching staff.

This is a small no name Div 1 school like a hundred others in the country. Most of the players that decide to go to small Div 1 schools like this one go because of the sensation of playing Div 1 soccer when it’s really not.

The parents and the child should always visit and watch a few training sessions and a game. My suggestion is for families to do some research and pick a game that they might lose....this way you get to watch the coach perform under real pressures of the game. Every coach will show their true colors under the gun.

Second....
              Why are there coaches coaching like this still? Is it 1987? This is one of the main reason why this country doesn’t advance in the game. There are thousands of these coaches in our country teaching kids. If any of you want to watch a few of them go to your local high school programs and watch these coaches hammer the fitness for the first month of training with players that have been playing for 8 months and are pretty fit.
              The reason why these coaches coach this way is because they are lost and have no clue how to teach.
              Last time i checked "in this country" we were pretty good on the women's side.

Comment

Last time i checked "in this country" we were pretty good on the women's side.
                Very good athletically. Plan on seeing a decline on the women’s side unless they change how they develop players. Our women’s team has been successful because our best athletes play soccer. Other countries don’t have that luxury...other countries have always trained better than our women’s side...now you’re seeing these countries finally get top athletes playing soccer. Combine that with training correctly and you will have a better team than USA. The women’s World Cup could be a shocker for many....but I thinks it’s more likely going to happen at the following World Cup.

Comment

Is GCU an online school?
                  Never even heard of it before. It’s D1 even? Is it better than our Oregon D2s and D3s?

Comment

Very good athletically. Plan on seeing a decline on the women’s side unless they change how they develop players. Our women’s team has been successful because our best athletes play soccer. Other countries don’t have that luxury...other countries have always trained better than our women’s side...now you’re seeing these countries finally get top athletes playing soccer. Combine that with training correctly and you will have a better team than USA. The women’s World Cup could be a shocker for many....but I thinks it’s more likely going to happen at the following World Cup.
                    Everyone said this after Japan beat USA in Germany a few years back as well. System is broke only on the mens side. We do not win every game but we are always in the hunt and that should be good enough as the women's game grows around the world.

MHO= Bring back ODP. For those that can afford ECNL god bless yea, and blow up GDA. GDA is un-American. :)

Comment

Who knows

My football coach used to make us run too, heck sometimes he even yelled at me, oh no !! Love my football coach. Looking at the minutes played, looks like the Oregon/SW Washington players are getting some good minutes.

I am sure the school is going to keep a close eye on the program.

Comment

Never even heard of it before. It’s D1 even? Is it better than our Oregon D2s and D3s?
                        GCU would not beat Concordia

Comment

Think of all the #winning when teenage girls spend $10k/year for four years to win a scholarship to... Grand Canyon University. ECNL is totally worth it.

Comment

Think of all the #winning when teenage girls spend $10k/year for four years to win a scholarship to... Grand Canyon University. ECNL is totally worth it.
                            Top Drawer Soccer lists 11 girls committed to GCU.

3 ECNL
                            3 DA
                            5 neither

But don't let the truth get in the way with your persistent need to bash ECNL.

Comment

3 ECNL
                              3 DA
                              5 neither

Going there and committing means very little with title ix and nearly 350 d1 girls teams out there.

BTW according the the NCAA rpi this team is ranked #271 to put this in context Men's D1 soccer has only 200+ teams, meaning this below sea level of a team doesn't even exist in the men's game.

TopDrawer is not a site anyone would use for anything other than fake internet player rankings and unverified signings.

What's so sad is the kids comingfrom the US Club league had to spend thousands more in Club travel than the 'neither' or 'DA' that committed.

Now if you had evidence the US Club kids (3) got 15K a year in athletic scholarship monies and the other kids got very little, maybe their would be some value to the travel league.

On the surface it looks like a clear waste of money to end up at the same place as others who didn't have to take out a 2nd mortgage in club soccer.

Whatever.

Comment

3 ECNL
                                3 DA
                                5 neither

But the other eight girls didn't spend $10k/year on fees and travel.

(Actually, the three DA girls probably spent a fair amount of coin, given that GDA is only been around for two years and many of those programs were in ECNL previously).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X