• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see kids names on odp list that are average at best so

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The names aren’t public yet smart a. S. S.

Comment

Don't be jealous, maybe your below average kid will make it next year

Comment

The names aren’t public yet smart a. S. S.
          They are all over social media

Comment

So I guess the question here is will it be worth it? 675$ will cover two weekend training sessions and a week in the camp...

I mean serious question here for me.

I know its a money pit and that its not some great awesome thing, but if it will run the same cost as a normal residency summer camp and have marginally better talent attending shouldnt that make it "worth" it?

Comment

Did they go out for all ages and gender?

Comment

Did they go out for all ages and gender?
                Not sure but just because you didn’t get an email now doesn’t mean your kid won’t be selected. I think they made selections into April last year.

Comment

Had to read this post. . I remember when my kid was u11-u12 and ODP was so cool. I used to listen to the haters but said hey, my kid is good and is playing for the region and attending the Alabama camp... once u15-u16 hit. It was clear as day what a BS organization FLORIDA ODP was. The Guy mike who runs it was all about the money and being part of the “In” mommy crowd.. soon my kid lost interest as most of the good kids she played with from u12.. She saw kids who were B level at best being selected some without even attending tryouts or trials due to the numbers dropping and caliber of training and coaches dwindling ..
                  So all of you with young ones. , I’ll say enjoy it , let them go for the experience , but it’s NO COLLEGE finder .. it’s not what it used to be before DA and ECNL because the catalyst for talent. Have fun in Alabama. Drink a lot of water and bring snacks. The dorms are hot as hell , the food sucks and the coaches all look to select and help out there own players from there local clubs...

Comment

Not sure but just because you didn’t get an email now doesn’t mean your kid won’t be selected. I think they made selections into April last year.
                    Don’t sweat it,, it’s political

Comment

So I guess the question here is will it be worth it? 675$ will cover two weekend training sessions and a week in the camp...

I mean serious question here for me.

I know its a money pit and that its not some great awesome thing, but if it will run the same cost as a normal residency summer camp and have marginally better talent attending shouldnt that make it "worth" it?
                      It is worth it if you get selected for Alabama. Costs about the same as a college camp and your player gets to meet other players from other clubs that they will most likely see for the next few years. If my daughter could have not dealt with the BS player pool part she would have gone to Alabama again. She did say it was a lot of fun with training and competition. If you haven't done it yet, at least try it once.

Comment

It is worth it if you get selected for Alabama. Costs about the same as a college camp and your player gets to meet other players from other clubs that they will most likely see for the next few years. If my daughter could have not dealt with the BS player pool part she would have gone to Alabama again. She did say it was a lot of fun with training and competition. If you haven't done it yet, at least try it once.
                        ^^^^^ agreed

Comment

like anal, try it once, but only once, its messy and it could hurt

Comment

like anal, try it once, but only once, its messy and it could hurt
                            When coach wanted anal for extra playing time for my son my wife told me to suck it up and that our kid was worth it. It was messy and I hurt for a week. Kid started for 10 games after that.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                              when coach wanted anal for extra playing time for my son my wife told me to suck it up and that our kid was worth it. It was messy and i hurt for a week. Kid started for 10 games after that.
                              lol!!

Comment

When coach wanted anal for extra playing time for my son my wife told me to suck it up and that our kid was worth it. It was messy and I hurt for a week. Kid started for 10 games after that.
                                Man you got 10!!! You mush have been tight!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X