Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exact Soccer

Does anyone have experience with the Exact Soccer Academic 50 ID camps?

TIA

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Exact Soccer Academic 50 ID camps?

TIA
    Unfamiliar with this one, but these type are a dime a dozen. Mostly a skills development camp run by low-level college assistants and former players. You won’t see any recognizable schools or head coaches at these. Not worth the money or time for recruiting purposes. The ONLY ones I’ve been to that were worth the time were the ID camps run by the colleges we targeted or the multi-college ones that the target college coach invited us to verbally (not blast email).

Comment

search the MA thread for "Exact Soccer"- there are already dozens of posts on them. Every year someone has to ask about them. they are relentless with their marketing emails.

Comment

Dd attended one last year as a 9th grader. Well run clinic. It’s a great first camp to attend and familiarize yourself with how ID camps work. Disagree regarding the low level assistants. Dd’s camp had D1 head coaches and the recruiting assistant coaches there. The camp is set up to give players the opportunity to interact with the coaches and get comfortable talking to them. As far as being ID’d, Coaches aren’t there to recruit, but if you are a stand out player you’ll get noticed and it starts the dialogue to develop a relationship with those coaches. I remember last year there were 2 forwards that were scoring goals like crazy—-fast, technical, and physical. I remember coaches being very interested in them, always talking to them. I also recall one outside back where nothing got past her and she made really great slide tackles and would win the ball and start the attack. She was in my dd’s group. When camp was over, one coach pulled her aside to talk to her. Every player is given an evaluation from one of the coaches that is available online. I felt the evaluation was accurate and that our experience was positive. My dd put into practice what she learned at camp at a couple ID clinics she’s attended at schools she’s interested. I felt it was worth it as a one-time experience. With any ID camp, knowing what you want out of the experience will help you manage expectations.

Comment

You won’t see any recognizable schools or head coaches at these. Not worth the money or time for recruiting purposes. The ONLY ones I’ve been to that were worth the time were the ID camps run by the colleges we targeted or the multi-college ones that the target college coach invited us to verbally (not blast email).
          ^ This is partially correct and partially incorrect.

There are recognizable schools and coaches that attend the events. It is true, though, that the majority of the coaches are assistants. However, even at national events for the DA or ECNL or Raleigh Showcase, there are a lot of assistants doing recruiting.

It isn't a good idea to register for the event in response to a blast email. However, if there is a school your kid is interested in or a school that he or she has been in contact with, it would be a good idea to let the coach know about attendance. Some of the schools may not have their own ID events.

On the subject of ID events - it is never a good idea to register for one in response to a blast email that is sent to 100s of kids. Only register if there is interest shown by the school. A blast email is not a sign of interest.

Comment

Most coaches at showcases are assistant coaches.

Comment

Well, Yale, Princeton, Penn, and Georgetown are listed as attending so it isn't exactly " no name schools." Might be a good event to go without stress to begin the recruitment journey.

Comment

My understanding is that head coaches almost never go to these things. There is no way the head coach is the only one recruiting, that would be an impossible feat.

Comment

Considering with any ID camp, whether it be a cattle-call or individual one, only a few people will stand out during camp. If you are lucky enough to be one of them it won't matter which type of camp you go to. DD's teammate was recruited by a school she wasn't "targeting" from one of these types of camps during her junior year. The coach then asked her to attend their school ID camp. She did and was offered a spot.

Comment

Dd attended one last year as a 9th grader. Well run clinic. It’s a great first camp to attend and familiarize yourself with how ID camps work. Disagree regarding the low level assistants. Dd’s camp had D1 head coaches and the recruiting assistant coaches there. The camp is set up to give players the opportunity to interact with the coaches and get comfortable talking to them. As far as being ID’d, Coaches aren’t there to recruit, but if you are a stand out player you’ll get noticed and it starts the dialogue to develop a relationship with those coaches. I remember last year there were 2 forwards that were scoring goals like crazy—-fast, technical, and physical. I remember coaches being very interested in them, always talking to them. I also recall one outside back where nothing got past her and she made really great slide tackles and would win the ball and start the attack. She was in my dd’s group. When camp was over, one coach pulled her aside to talk to her. Every player is given an evaluation from one of the coaches that is available online. I felt the evaluation was accurate and that our experience was positive. My dd put into practice what she learned at camp at a couple ID clinics she’s attended at schools she’s interested. I felt it was worth it as a one-time experience. With any ID camp, knowing what you want out of the experience will help you manage expectations.
                    Agree with this completely. My daughter just did the Exact in CT. Great 1st experience for her and us. Question and answer portion with a few of college coaches was helpful as well... They definitely didn't blow smoke just because we were paying to be there. The coaches there also offered advice and actual coaching... Head coaches and Assistants present and for us, being that our daughter is a keeper, the college's keeper coaches was a bonus in our eyes.

Comment

Attending a school ID camp is a crap shoot. How many players out of 50 get recruited by the school? How many of those players are the coaches actually paying attention to? 10% at best. Everyone else is funding their pocket$.

Comment

Attending a school ID camp is a crap shoot. How many players out of 50 get recruited by the school? How many of those players are the coaches actually paying attention to? 10% at best. Everyone else is funding their pocket$.
                        Don't go to the camp unless you want to go to the school and the coach has some interest in you.

Comment

Don't go to the camp unless you want to go to the school and the coach has some interest in you.
                          or you can do one you don't care about to get your feet wet. If Exact or another multi-school camp is short, easy to get to and has schools you're not very interested in then it's not a bad way to see where you stack up and get some feedback. I wouldn't recommend your first event be a school you really want - doing one before ca build confidence and shake off some nerves

Comment

It’s a cattle call audition not a private interview. The first one begets the next. That’s how this all works. Apparently some of you think your kids walk on water and can do all of this without building much of a resume and working the process. Lazy parents beget lazy players.

Comment

It’s a cattle call audition not a private interview. The first one begets the next. That’s how this all works. Apparently some of you think your kids walk on water and can do all of this without building much of a resume and working the process. Lazy parents beget lazy players.
                              Same parents who get all excited when college coaches are on the sidelines. But they are there to watch another kid and their kid makes no effort to contact.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X