Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well, yes, if you are all tied up with what others are doing and why, then I would agree with that assessment.
    so this is my original post that you responded to:

"why is everyone so angry about kids playing in DA and only going to D3 schools? Why does it matter to 99.9% of the people on this site? Shouldn't it only matter for the kid and the kid's parents, in that order? I'd be happy for any kid to be playing in college, D1-D3, and studying for a career. Who cares? Bravo to all the kids that play high level soccer and play in college while studying for their career goals! Thanks you kids for acting like adults when your parents are acting like little kids in the neighborhood park playing pick up soccer"

Does it sound like I'm tied up with what everyone else is doing? NOPE! Im happy for any kid that plays great soccer and goes onto college and gets a great education while playing or not playing soccer. You went on to assume that I want my daughter to play for a DA so she can go to a D1 school and that it wasn't necessary. Don't assume bro. Thats the "obsession" on this site. Now you don't know more than me.

Comment

so this is my original post that you responded to:

"why is everyone so angry about kids playing in DA and only going to D3 schools? Why does it matter to 99.9% of the people on this site? Shouldn't it only matter for the kid and the kid's parents, in that order? I'd be happy for any kid to be playing in college, D1-D3, and studying for a career. Who cares? Bravo to all the kids that play high level soccer and play in college while studying for their career goals! Thanks you kids for acting like adults when your parents are acting like little kids in the neighborhood park playing pick up soccer"

Does it sound like I'm tied up with what everyone else is doing? NOPE! Im happy for any kid that plays great soccer and goes onto college and gets a great education while playing or not playing soccer. You went on to assume that I want my daughter to play for a DA so she can go to a D1 school and that it wasn't necessary. Don't assume bro. Thats the "obsession" on this site. Now you don't know more than me.
      Let me be clear, when I was speaking in the first person, I should've put quotes in there as I was not speaking for myself, but rather a typical TS-angry fool.

My bad.

I actually think were are more aligned then you think (other than the shots at my HS career and a toe-poke)

Comment

Well, yes, if you are all tied up with what others are doing and why, then I would agree with that assessment.
        This guy sounds like an idiot.

Comment

Had a child go through GPS in MA. Sharing my observations on biz model. You are absolutely right at the lower levels. It's a volume biz, caters to parents/kids that just want to stay with their friends in the car pool. Coaches can be great or horrible for their local Select and Elite teams.

The hook for parents is opportunity for upward mobility. The GPS Top Teams (NPL) are actually pretty good through u15 and so is the coaching. Parents like to begin with local convenience and playing with friends, and are glad to know the pathway to NPL is there if MIA shows she needs it.

Frankly it was a good experience and coaching at NPL level was great. When we were in it for fun at u11, it worked, middle school was very competitive, and finally we left in HS to chase college dreams through ECNL.

For those that want to say NPL is a joke.. Ok.
          When we started it wasn't to us. DA wasn't here and Pre-ECNL teams were beaten by GPS (and SSS in MA) plenty at u13. Not sure how GPS growth would play out in CT landscape. Seems like Oakwood and CFC are similar to Stars/NEFC and the soft spot for GPS just below that.

GPS treated all families very well, communication was great, and financial concessions for families that needed it were given.
          Wait a minute, you start out saying the local GPS teams are not run well and the only thing worth it is their top NPL teams, then you say “GPS treated all families very well, communication was great”. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t say treating the 90% of their families/players that aren’t NPL like 2nd class citizens with poor coaching is treating them “well”. Were these families/players told upfront they would be treated this way? If not, I wouldn’t call communication “great”.

Comment

Wait a minute, you start out saying the local GPS teams are not run well and the only thing worth it is their top NPL teams, then you say “GPS treated all families very well, communication was great”. I don’t know about you, but I wouldn’t say treating the 90% of their families/players that aren’t NPL like 2nd class citizens with poor coaching is treating them “well”. Were these families/players told upfront they would be treated this way? If not, I wouldn’t call communication “great”.
            Not the poster, but a GPS parent. Coaching is consistently good at NPL Levels, but hit or miss at regionals, still some good coaches at the regionals, but certainly some bad ones as well. I think that's just par for the course in club soccer. At all levels they communicated with us well. Very expensive when you get older though!

Comment

Any big New England or NY based "premier" club with its act together could assimilate about 1/2 of the clubs in CT. The landscape is dotted with small U-little clubs with great dad/mom coaches who implode after 8th grade, or former has-been D1-D2-D3 types with amazing resumes who destroyed their existences by trying to run a business (into the ground). Let alone even stepping into the constant BDA/GDA v. ECNL / NPL debate. When parents/kids will drive 2+ to go WUP, or NEFC, or Bolts or NYCSL or others, that says it all.

Comment

Any big New England or NY based "premier" club with its act together could assimilate about 1/2 of the clubs in CT. The landscape is dotted with small U-little clubs with great dad/mom coaches who implode after 8th grade, or former has-been D1-D2-D3 types with amazing resumes who destroyed their existences by trying to run a business (into the ground). Let alone even stepping into the constant BDA/GDA v. ECNL / NPL debate. When parents/kids will drive 2+ to go WUP, or NEFC, or Bolts or NYCSL or others, that says it all.
                Borg, ever think that many people do not want to assimilate into the money-grubbing machine? Not sure why you singled out CT ..... Far more crappy small clubs in small atease all around Boston, NYC, LI, and NJ as well and wealthier families to rape

Comment

Good call both Borg and Borg responder. The market is ripe for plunder and theft of well-intended parents' wallets and purses in the premier soccer arena. CT is no different than MA and vice versa. If we were smart we'd all get in on the racket and form our own pop-up clubs!

Comment

Good call both Borg and Borg responder. The market is ripe for plunder and theft of well-intended parents' wallets and purses in the premier soccer arena. CT is no different than MA and vice versa. If we were smart we'd all get in on the racket and form our own pop-up clubs!
                    does Mass have town-based premier like CT does??

Comment

does Mass have town-based premier like CT does??
                      Backing by towns called premier or town-level teams that are called premier?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=14

Here are more ...
                      Regardless of who runs the club, they definitely do:
                      https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...er=Boys&Age=14

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X