Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Your point is interesting and makes sense in theory, however I have a few serious questions for you.

So based on your claim, you personally rewarded NYCFC with your business? How did you do that exactly? How many games did you attend and did you ever attend an NYCFC game before last year (when they got involved with GDA)? Did you purchase NYCFC apparel? Curious to hear your response...
    Did he even bother to make the NYCFC game held in Hartford

Comment

Your point is interesting and makes sense in theory, however I have a few serious questions for you.

So based on your claim, you personally rewarded NYCFC with your business? How did you do that exactly? How many games did you attend and did you ever attend an NYCFC game before last year (when they got involved with GDA)? Did you purchase NYCFC apparel? Curious to hear your response...
      The real money in sports is centered on media coverage, not ticket and jersey sales. We are a red bulls family and do attend games on occasion. But as i also have a girl player, I view the NYCFC's decision to be involved with the GDA positively. I would think they can use that for marketing opportunities.

Comment

The real money in sports is centered on media coverage, not ticket and jersey sales. We are a red bulls family and do attend games on occasion. But as i also have a girl player, I view the NYCFC's decision to be involved with the GDA positively. I would think they can use that for marketing opportunities.
        Thanks Captain Obvious. The problem is that as fans/consumers we support teams by purchasing tickets and jerseys, not by volunteering our time helping clubs garner media coverage.

Comment

legitimate clubs in the premier league are subject to relegation and promotion. MLS does not promote and relegate. very different system.
          Pro/Rel will come to the US as well.....

Comment

media rights for MLS is $90mm/year meaning each club only gets a few million/year from that.

bulk of revenue in MLS comes from franchise rights, ticket and jersey sales, naming rights (like the $700mm Adidas contract), local sponsorships and the weird dynamic that MLS owns SUM, which controls media rights for US soccer (I concede that perhaps you were indicating this in your comment). it's such a messed up dynamic of a system.

Comment

Thanks Captain Obvious. The problem is that as fans/consumers we support teams by purchasing tickets and jerseys, not by volunteering our time helping clubs garner media coverage.
              no idea why u r attacking. In my experience, the contact the family has with a soccer brand early on can influence later support for a club. U have a different opinion. Why do u support the club u choose?

Comment

From another thread....

MLS academy teams looking to separate from DA - https://www.socceramerica.com/
                If true, what does this mean for CT DA programs?

Comment

If true, what does this mean for CT DA programs?
                  If MLS teams pull out from DA system, I believe USSF will shut things down. What is the point of continuing to administer a league that will no longer have the best players with national team potential? If you look at YNT rosters, most all players come from pro environments....the days of BS and OW sending to YNT rosters are over.

BS and OW will need to find a new league in which to play. ECNL is not an option because it is full, so EDP league is my guess.

Comment

If MLS teams pull out from DA system, I believe USSF will shut things down. What is the point of continuing to administer a league that will no longer have the best players with national team potential? If you look at YNT rosters, most all players come from pro environments....the days of BS and OW sending to YNT rosters are over.

BS and OW will need to find a new league in which to play. ECNL is not an option because it is full, so EDP league is my guess.
                    Good. We parents should all head to EDP clubs en mass and put an end to the stupid "national" league nonsense. Enough.

Comment

Good. We parents should all head to EDP clubs en mass and put an end to the stupid "national" league nonsense. Enough.
                      Even if all CT kids quit GDA, nobody would care. CT is just not that important. But, sure, go ahead.

Comment

Even if all CT kids quit GDA, nobody would care. CT is just not that important. But, sure, go ahead.
                        Exactly. Enough with the nonsense overblown marketing BS. back to enjoying soccer. These high falutin leagues can just fade into oblivion where they belong.

Comment

Exactly. Enough with the nonsense overblown marketing BS. back to enjoying soccer. These high falutin leagues can just fade into oblivion where they belong.
                          USSF pushed MLS clubs to commit to the DA over a decade ago and thankfully MLS has started to produce some solid youth talent - talent that is catching the eye of European suitors.

MLS now wants to take the training wheels off and do their own thing (without USSF managing the league). To their credit, USSF got things rolling. It is time to let the pro clubs do what they want, and for non-pro prospects we can have US Youth Soccer and US Club soccer duke it out.

USSF played its roll, but now it is time to get out of the business of running youth leagues.

Comment

OW should hook up with Hartford Athletic (USL), as it is likely that MLS and USL with set up a Pro Only Academy league in the future. Otherwise OW could end up looking for a new league to play in.
                            looks like they have something going on with FSA as i see they are training both indoors and outdoors there starting in february

Comment

Scores don't tell the whole story. MLS clubs (generally) do care more about development. They're better about pushing up younger players to challenge them. Their goal is to develop pro talent, not put players in college. Also, they're not charging fees to cover their costs and as such feel they should have more say in how they train players and who they play, or even to drop out altogether because they don't want to be in youth development. There are some non MLS clubs that can hang with the pro clubs and not all pro club teams are great. But there are plenty of non MLS clubs that aren't worth the cost of gas to drive to.

If MLS clubs dropped out it would kill DA - it becomes just another league. One of the biggest draws is that even if you're not on a MLS team you get to play MLS teams. It gave the league credibility and supposed professionalism. Then again, there's rumors DA changes to a two tier system with promotion and relegations, so who the phuck knows. USSF has a full plate trying to save the dumpster fire that is GDA.
                              DA doesn't die if the MLS teams were to leave. The non-MLS DA clubs were already playing in regional/national leagues prior the formation of the DA for years. But the MLS clubs have no choice. There can never be an MLS only youth league.

GDA is hurting girls soccer in a big way. ECNL not much better. The cost involved in girls soccer is crazy. It could be done at a local level.

Comment

DA doesn't die if the MLS teams were to leave. The non-MLS DA clubs were already playing in regional/national leagues prior the formation of the DA for years. But the MLS clubs have no choice. There can never be an MLS only youth league.

GDA is hurting girls soccer in a big way. ECNL not much better. The cost involved in girls soccer is crazy. It could be done at a local level.
                                Those leagues are just responding to the market. Value is in well off parents buying soccer for their players. Value is not is finding and developing talent. If that were really worth something - it would happen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X