Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iona WS New Head Coach Todd Plourde, thoughts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guest View Post
    Unbelievable bad coach and person. Knows nothing about the game. Thinks only about money. The soccer Iona plays is hodgepodge and he will not make the team or the players better.
    The thing is, in the two full seasons since Todd Plourde became HC the team's record has improved. Looks to me like you're not just wrong, you're dead wrong.

2021: 11-8
    2020: 1-4-1
    2019: 7-11-2

2018: 3-13-2
    2017: 3-14-3
    2016: 2-14-2

Comment

The thing is, in the two full seasons since Todd Plourde became HC the team's record has improved. Looks to me like you're not just wrong, you're dead wrong.

2021: 11-8
      2020: 1-4-1
      2019: 7-11-2

2018: 3-13-2
      2017: 3-14-3
      2016: 2-14-2
      Nice post TP..

Comment

Nice post TP..
        Seriously, what is with you people? The evidence is clear - the hiring of Todd Plourde as head coach of the women's soccer team at Iona College has improved the seasonal results for the Gaels women's soccer team.

You can accuse me of being Todd Plourde, heck you can accuse me of being Johnny Depp for all I care, but there's no arguing with the FACTS!

Comment

#1 CFC scumbag.

Comment

What is with you people ? Why are you worrying about Iona soccer.

Comment

Nice post TP..
              Doesn't it suck when facts don't support your argument?

Comment

#1 CFC scumbag.
                This guy is on the CT board time with this stuff. He probably dredged up the thread. Tryout season = club bashing season

Comment

Let’s wait how he

Comment

Until this season most of his key players were not his own recruits, but recruits of the former HC. Let’s see how TP will do this season.

Comment

Until this season most of his key players were not his own recruits, but recruits of the former HC. Let’s see how TP will do this season.
                      Not exactly blowing the doors off so far. 1-3 and outshot 76-11 in those losses.

Comment

HE's an awful club coach and an awful college coach.

Comment

HE's an awful club coach and an awful college coach.
                          This is 100% true….although I would add awful human being to that list as well.

Comment

^ Angry Iona parent drags up year+ old thread. They should be more concerned their kid is at Iona than worrying about the soccer

Comment

Not exactly blowing the doors off so far. 1-3 and outshot 76-11 in those losses.
                              Really??? Come on now...about half of those shots came from the #9 team, Texas. Lexi Missimo, Trinity Byars and LI's own Jilly Shimkin are some of the top players in the country in their age group. I have no real tie to Iona, my D knows a couple of players on the team, having played club and HS on LI, but trust I wouldn't even let her take a phone call from Iona during her recruiting days. I only popped on the thread because there's nothing else being talked about. That being said...

I'm impressed that the Iona coach was able to schedule a game against Texas, it does literally nothing for Texas to play Iona. Nothing. So kudos to him on that. Also impressed by how long it took for Texas to get on the board. Doesn't look like they were holding back, 21 shots with 10 on goal in the first half and they couldn't get past a Freshman GK? Good for Iona. I didn't see the game but I can read the boxscore and I know the 3 players I mentioned have tons of experience with the YNT. A scoreless first half against the #9 team, full of NT players? You can't buy that kind of confidence boost for a team like Iona!

Comment

Really??? Come on now...about half of those shots came from the #9 team, Texas. Lexi Missimo, Trinity Byars and LI's own Jilly Shimkin are some of the top players in the country in their age group. I have no real tie to Iona, my D knows a couple of players on the team, having played club and HS on LI, but trust I wouldn't even let her take a phone call from Iona during her recruiting days. I only popped on the thread because there's nothing else being talked about. That being said...

I'm impressed that the Iona coach was able to schedule a game against Texas, it does literally nothing for Texas to play Iona. Nothing. So kudos to him on that. Also impressed by how long it took for Texas to get on the board. Doesn't look like they were holding back, 21 shots with 10 on goal in the first half and they couldn't get past a Freshman GK? Good for Iona. I didn't see the game but I can read the boxscore and I know the 3 players I mentioned have tons of experience with the YNT. A scoreless first half against the #9 team, full of NT players? You can't buy that kind of confidence boost for a team like Iona!
                                Did he take the whole team to Texas? Some players never get on the field because of the big roster.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X