Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No 2008 DA next year

Just heard the local clubs will not be offering a 2008 DA next year. I'm not sure if this going on everywhere. Regardless, makes me worried for the rest of the DA.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Just heard the local clubs will not be offering a 2008 DA next year. I'm not sure if this going on everywhere. Regardless, makes me worried for the rest of the DA.
    Old news, is DA-wide.

Comment

Yes. DA is moving back to U14 and up. 07s will be grandfathered next year at U13 level. I’m sure ECNL or ODP will try and capitalize on the “elite” U12/13 void, but I’m guessing 11 and 12 year old kids don’t want to do soccer 5 days a week year round and would rather do other activities too...

Comment

Yes. DA is moving back to U14 and up. 07s will be grandfathered next year at U13 level. I’m sure ECNL or ODP will try and capitalize on the “elite” U12/13 void, but I’m guessing 11 and 12 year old kids don’t want to do soccer 5 days a week year round and would rather do other activities too...
        There are definitely kids who want to do soccer 5 days a week, but no one wants to do average soccer with boring ass competition on the weekends.

I hope one of the local clubs steps into the vacuum and offers a legit environment for training.

Comment

There are definitely kids who want to do soccer 5 days a week, but no one wants to do average soccer with boring ass competition on the weekends.

I hope one of the local clubs steps into the vacuum and offers a legit environment for training.
          Agree, there are some, including my kid. That being said at this age I think kids are better off training with the team a couple times a week and filling the void with private trainers/individual skills.

Comment

Is this on the DA website somewhere?

Comment

Of course not, USSF wouldn’t dare publicly announce their true intentions ahead of time.
              They have outlined their desire to relinquish control of the U12s:
              https://www.soccertoday.com/u-s-socc...back-to-clubs/

All of the DA clubs are tracking that U13 will also become a thing of the past once the 07s age out, but I haven’t seen it officially declared. Most DA clubs also expect that the program will be single age band next season but, of course, USSF hasn’t confirmed.

Comment

Have you been living under a rock?

This is old news. Our club told us within hours of it being release in the media. You might want to change clubs.

Comment

Have you been living under a rock?

This is old news. Our club told us within hours of it being release in the media. You might want to change clubs.
                  Our club never signed up for the local boys scrimmage fest. It never made any sense to play the same 4 or 5 neighborhood clubs exclusively. Even if they slapped the DA label on the scrimmages.

Sounds like this jamboree mini model is being removed in Oregon. These clubs are changing platforms and nicknames nearly every week.

I blame it all on the Trump twitter feed.

Comment

Our club never signed up for the local boys scrimmage fest. It never made any sense to play the same 4 or 5 neighborhood clubs exclusively. Even if they slapped the DA label on the scrimmages.

Sounds like this jamboree mini model is being removed in Oregon. These clubs are changing platforms and nicknames nearly every week.

I blame it all on the Trump twitter feed.
                    *Our club couldn’t get accepted and still just plays the same 5-7 teams with less quality in OYSA constantly instead.

Fixed it for ya.

Comment

Good riddance. DA is nothing but average clubs first teams, they would better off playing OYSA with better competition.

Comment

Who care

Oh no, no more little DA! Who cares now they are back to OYSA league. Why don't they all just stay OYSA.

Why is there any benefit of doing little DA for a year or two just to go back to OYSA in the high school ages. If you are good enough and want to play in the Timbers Academy DA do that. Otherwise play OYSA club soccer and have fun going to tournaments etc.

Comment

Oh no, no more little DA! Who cares now they are back to OYSA league. Why don't they all just stay OYSA.

Why is there any benefit of doing little DA for a year or two just to go back to OYSA in the high school ages. If you are good enough and want to play in the Timbers Academy DA do that. Otherwise play OYSA club soccer and have fun going to tournaments etc.
                          Because the DA is about making money. US Soccer cares about money and control. Nevermind the little da was a joke

Comment

No more little DA? Oh no! Now my DS will get tuckered out playing more than two games in three days. What about the lack of a Power-Ade station, he'll get dehydrated! Think of the children!!!

Comment

No system is perfect. But OYSA sucks. Who in the f*** wants to drive to Eugene or Bend or worse to play those teams. And "State Cup" standings seem to be an open door to a-hole parents acting like idiots over everycall that could impact their DS teams standings.

More practices are better. Less parent stupidity at games is better. Less travel to BFE is better. One game a weekend is better. OYSA sucks.

Discuss.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X