Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Revolution Regional Development School (RDS)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having been sucker for RDS, the info being posted is correct. If you can read you will take it in and then decide. TS delivered on this one. RDS is usually a waste of time and money if you 1) expect good training, 2) expect the Academy coaches to discover your kid, 3) will have your kid challenged by other good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Having been sucker for RDS, the info being posted is correct. If you can read you will take it in and then decide. TS delivered on this one. RDS is usually a waste of time and money if you 1) expect good training, 2) expect the Academy coaches to discover your kid, 3) will have your kid challenged by other good players.
      Even if they move your kid to the good group they may still just be cones for the kids they are interested in to dribble around.

Comment

Thanks for the information guys, and good discussion.

The reason I was asking is because I run a club 2 hours away from Foxboro, and I've discussed with Revs about getting a couple of our best players down for 1) the experience and 2) some feedback on their level compared to DA.

I've had 2 players attend one session each so far, and just wanted to understand better where they were being fitted in.

Comment

had to chime in since I am sure everyone is getting the same emails.

I took my kid to one of the RDS Tryouts for his age group in the fall. He had a horrible tryout and did NOT make it to the RDS program.

Today I received an email "Congratulations on your son’s selection to take part in the 2019 winter RDS Professional Edge program".......

I know this is a business but I wish they would cut the cr@p and not try to hype this up. Why not say, we had your email and want to know if you are interested in signing up. NOT congrats on being selected! Ugh....

Comment

had to chime in since I am sure everyone is getting the same emails.

I took my kid to one of the RDS Tryouts for his age group in the fall. He had a horrible tryout and did NOT make it to the RDS program.

Today I received an email "Congratulations on your son’s selection to take part in the 2019 winter RDS Professional Edge program".......

I know this is a business but I wish they would cut the cr@p and not try to hype this up. Why not say, we had your email and want to know if you are interested in signing up. NOT congrats on being selected! Ugh....
            That’s funny! Pro Edge is a good program though, at least it used to be.

Also, kids can and do get ID’d at RDS. Don’t discount it because of the naysayers.

Comment

On the contrary, we had a good experience and were satisfied with all 3 of the above.

Comment

On the contrary, we had a good experience and were satisfied with all 3 of the above.
                Oh Gary, is this what they’ve reduced you to?

Comment

I have also heard the pro edge is very good, I just laugh at how he wasn’t good for the lower end RDS but made the pro edge.

And please don’t take this as a knock on the program itself. I just hate the almost predatory tactics used to get participants.

Comment

Oh Gary, is this what they’ve reduced you to?
                    Haha, no I’m not Gary, just a regular ol’ parent.

Comment

Thank you. Do you know when the Invitational and RTC sessions run or are they ad-hoc?
                      RTC was run last Decembre with about 45 kids... vast majority of the kids were from DA programs from Valeo, Bayside, GPS, Bolts and NEFC.
                      Next run will be in January... only by invite. it is free as mentioned.
                      All the kids were U12.
                      training was 2 hours long.

Comment

I agree, my kid did RDS, was invited to join the Revs academy and is still there, developing nicely.

Comment

This thread reads very similarly to the ODP thread.
                          Elite soccer is pay to play except for the exceptions.
                          Sounds like a good Oppty to get a sense of where your player falls

Comment

I agree, my kid did RDS, was invited to join the Revs academy and is still there, developing nicely.
                            Are you the guy screaming and pacing when they lose to the Bolts.

Comment

How good is the training at RDS?

Comment

Trying it next week for the first time. Will let you know. But I have high standards - worked a lot with Barca coaches so not sure i will be getting Pep or Ernesto out there

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X