Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #831  
Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Problem is getting caught in the hype. Plenty of very successful alums from these institutions...talking about the smaller ones. Rankings are overrated. At the big state universities you are a number...class of 500 taught by a grad assistant...what is so great about that?
Better schools offer more opportunities and higher salaries upon graduation and better chances getting into good grad school programs. To argue anything else is pointless unless you advocating you or your kid not getting into a better school.
Reply With Quote
  #832  
Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seriously? Best Regional Colleges? That is your argument?
Seriously, Best national? Why not best in the world?
Reply With Quote
  #833  
Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Better schools offer more opportunities and higher salaries upon graduation and better chances getting into good grad school programs. To argue anything else is pointless unless you advocating you or your kid not getting into a better school.
Look up Embry Riddle’s graduate salaries. Big names are not always better.
Reply With Quote
  #834  
Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Look up Embry Riddle’s graduate salaries. Big names are not always better.
Embry Riddle is a STEM school. That is expected. It also private and cost $75K to go there without scholarship support. My son was accepted there and they offered $45K which was nice but still not realistic without loans.

Embry and FIT aside. The highest salaries in Florida are still UF, UM, FSU which to point have the highest number of STEM degrees available after Embry and FIT which are primarily STEM.
Reply With Quote
  #835  
Old 6 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You would be surprised how many kids put playing in college ahead of their academics. Even those with very good grades and scores.
Yes but many aren’t FSU or UF bound and making the decision to play D2 is easier for them.
Reply With Quote
  #836  
Old 6 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Look up Embry Riddle’s graduate salaries. Big names are not always better.
I believe the key term was "better" not "bigger". Embry is a nationally recognized and top 25 school for Aerospace. Sucks as business school but for rockets, jet propulsion and turbines, pretty much guaranteed a great job coming out. Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Rolls Royce and Gulfsteam recruit very heavily there.
Reply With Quote
  #837  
Old 6 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Seriously, Best national? Why not best in the world?
Oh gees, lets see. I can go to UF, FSU, UCF or Rollins. I'll go to Rollins.....said no one ever.
You go to Rollins because you can't get in anywhere else or perhaps play anywhere else if that is your priority.
Reply With Quote
  #838  
Old 6 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Oh gees, lets see. I can go to UF, FSU, UCF or Rollins. I'll go to Rollins.....said no one ever.
You go to Rollins because you can't get in anywhere else or perhaps play anywhere else if that is your priority.
What a dolt...Rollins is a GREAT school, UCF is and always has been a joke. FSU is best known for football and being a circus college!
Reply With Quote
  #839  
Old 4 Hours Ago
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
These posts sound like excuses. All my kids and their friends (even the smart idiots I thought would bomb once the got into college) got accepted and are flourishing. Engineers - various programs, Bio-chem for pre med, law and some landing internships. Must be who your kids run with because all I see is success for kids who prepared. Arrogant professors or not.

This year, my daughter along with her friends have all been accepted with UF being a safe school for a few of them if their stretches don't come through or are too expensive if accepted. There is no reason a college should not be accepting the brightest kids they can.
Lots of B student frat boy transfers waiting for those freshman girls. UF will provide an education.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.