Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 3 > Florida

Notices

Florida Discussions about Florida soccer.

Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Problem is getting caught in the hype. Plenty of very successful alums from these institutions...talking about the smaller ones. Rankings are overrated. At the big state universities you are a number...class of 500 taught by a grad assistant...what is so great about that?
Better schools offer more opportunities and higher salaries upon graduation and better chances getting into good grad school programs. To argue anything else is pointless unless you advocating you or your kid not getting into a better school.
Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Seriously? Best Regional Colleges? That is your argument?
Seriously, Best national? Why not best in the world?
Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Better schools offer more opportunities and higher salaries upon graduation and better chances getting into good grad school programs. To argue anything else is pointless unless you advocating you or your kid not getting into a better school.
Look up Embry Riddle’s graduate salaries. Big names are not always better.
Old 7 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Embry Riddle is a STEM school. That is expected. It also private and cost $75K to go there without scholarship support. My son was accepted there and they offered $45K which was nice but still not realistic without loans.

Embry and FIT aside. The highest salaries in Florida are still UF, UM, FSU which to point have the highest number of STEM degrees available after Embry and FIT which are primarily STEM.
Old 6 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You would be surprised how many kids put playing in college ahead of their academics. Even those with very good grades and scores.
Yes but many aren’t FSU or UF bound and making the decision to play D2 is easier for them.
Old 6 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I believe the key term was "better" not "bigger". Embry is a nationally recognized and top 25 school for Aerospace. Sucks as business school but for rockets, jet propulsion and turbines, pretty much guaranteed a great job coming out. Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Rolls Royce and Gulfsteam recruit very heavily there.
Old 6 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Seriously, Best national? Why not best in the world?
Oh gees, lets see. I can go to UF, FSU, UCF or Rollins. I'll go to Rollins.....said no one ever.
You go to Rollins because you can't get in anywhere else or perhaps play anywhere else if that is your priority.
Old 6 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Oh gees, lets see. I can go to UF, FSU, UCF or Rollins. I'll go to Rollins.....said no one ever.
You go to Rollins because you can't get in anywhere else or perhaps play anywhere else if that is your priority.
What a dolt...Rollins is a GREAT school, UCF is and always has been a joke. FSU is best known for football and being a circus college!
Old 4 Hours Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
These posts sound like excuses. All my kids and their friends (even the smart idiots I thought would bomb once the got into college) got accepted and are flourishing. Engineers - various programs, Bio-chem for pre med, law and some landing internships. Must be who your kids run with because all I see is success for kids who prepared. Arrogant professors or not.

This year, my daughter along with her friends have all been accepted with UF being a safe school for a few of them if their stretches don't come through or are too expensive if accepted. There is no reason a college should not be accepting the brightest kids they can.
Lots of B student frat boy transfers waiting for those freshman girls. UF will provide an education.