Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BDA changing for next year

Nice of USSF to announce this when many clubs have already had tryouts. This is good for the top teams and players. But if you're a B club it's not much different than any other league but with more restrictions

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180619-N...2018-19-Season

On the girls side - problem solved , tophat schedules their own games vs super teams but still have to come down to Florida and crush us all - win win for all

Comment

Lower quality B teams won't want to play local teams and be found out for the sham that many of them are. This is very bad news for them.

Comment

US Soccer just needs to debut a couple stars and the rest will be history.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Nice of USSF to announce this when many clubs have already had tryouts. This is good for the top teams and players. But if you're a B club it's not much different than any other league but with more restrictions

http://www.ussoccerda.com/20180619-N...2018-19-Season
          this is hitting on a very real issue. the difference between haves and have nots in DA is huge. the haves have about 10 meaningful games a year. you can take most DA tables, cut them in half, and the top half should be challenged more and the bottom half is similar to good FYSA non-DA teams with a bit more practice and slightly better coaching. I don't know what the new rules will address but i think it's a step in right direction. ultimately creating 2 divisions in DA and letting the strong DA programs field 2 teams (A and B) is where they need to go.

Comment

this is hitting on a very real issue. the difference between haves and have nots in DA is huge. the haves have about 10 meaningful games a year. you can take most DA tables, cut them in half, and the top half should be challenged more and the bottom half is similar to good FYSA non-DA teams with a bit more practice and slightly better coaching. I don't know what the new rules will address but i think it's a step in right direction. ultimately creating 2 divisions in DA and letting the strong DA programs field 2 teams (A and B) is where they need to go.
            Really not much different in ECNL. The same super clubs basically kill everyone across all age groups. The rest have 1 or 2 teams that do well and several that are mediocre or suck.

Comment

Really not much different in ECNL. The same super clubs basically kill everyone across all age groups. The rest have 1 or 2 teams that do well and several that are mediocre or suck.
              there should be two divisions in DA, A and B. the top clubs can field both an A and a B team. teams go up and down based on relegation from A and B from year to year. if you are only playing like 28 or so league games, to make it meaningful you are better off playing your "A" division or "B" division opponents 3-4 times instead of the meaningless games. To include enough clubs just give the top/MLS clubs 2 teams.

Comment

I Would Love to see a Boys U16 DA Next Year

I Would Love to see a Boys U16 DA Next Year since they did nothing this year. No mention yet.

Comment

I Would Love to see a Boys U16 DA Next Year since they did nothing this year. No mention yet.
                  Some regions are running their own U16 grouping via another league, eg. in the NE/Mid Atlantic they're doing one via EDP. I think next year they'll add U16 for boys and girls, as well as expand girls down to U12. Also gives them more market share which they care more about.

Comment

But now you've taken away one of the key differentiators - that you're playing top clubs, and pro clubs, even if yours may not be one of them. Having the more mediocre ones playing each other doesn't do them any good. It is good for the "A" clubs to find more challenging competition. And who will they play for non DA games? The B teams won't want to play ECNL or other because if they lose they will be revealed as the shams that they are. This move is good to improve the quality of competition for the A teams, it's very bad for the others. Might as well do non DA and get to play HS.

Comment

But now you've taken away one of the key differentiators - that you're playing top clubs, and pro clubs, even if yours may not be one of them. Having the more mediocre ones playing each other doesn't do them any good. It is good for the "A" clubs to find more challenging competition. And who will they play for non DA games? The B teams won't want to play ECNL or other because if they lose they will be revealed as the shams that they are. This move is good to improve the quality of competition for the A teams, it's very bad for the others. Might as well do non DA and get to play HS.
                      This is the best thing for the mls clubs that are serious about development.it will cost more so it may weed out a few mls clubs unfortunately.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X