Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've been lied to.

I guess some people value crap coaching who don't care about the players.

But by all means believe people who try to make money off of you private training and taking on players who don't see any time as the best environment for development.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Jesus, how salty are you in life. The bottom line is the Timbers Academy is the best option for local players. No other club is even close to providing the environment they do.
      No op

Before they created theTimbes DA...local clubs did a much better job of creating pros.

Not even close.

If that the best, stick with rest...

Comment

No op

Before they created theTimbes DA...Westside Metros did a much better job of creating pros.

Not even close.

If that the best, stick with rest...
        Fixed it for ya...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2286280]Jesus, how salty are you in life. The bottom line is the Timbers Academy is the best option for local players. No other club is even close to providing the environment they do.[/

That is the unfortunate part for all- it’s like putting lipstick on a pig (TA) - it’s still a pig(TA)

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2286419]
            Jesus, how salty are you in life. The bottom line is the Timbers Academy is the best option for local players. No other club is even close to providing the environment they do.[/

That is the unfortunate part for all- it’s like putting lipstick on a pig (TA) - it’s still a pig(TA)
            Stop beating around the bush and tell us all which clubs and coaches are doing it better.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2286444]

Stop beating around the bush and tell us all which clubs and coaches are doing it better.
              Washington timbers for one, should I continue...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2286756]

You should continue with at least one supporting fact for your reasoning.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2286756]

WashT is a good club.

A better development environment than the Academy, though? There is reason to doubt that.

If you say that TA is a worse place to learn soccer than FC Dallas Academy, or LA Galaxy's Academy, I'll agree with you. Both clubs are investing heavily in their academy--and both have large talent bases, so the investment might pay off. Timbers have the problem that the local talent pool is shallow--they are happy if they get ONE first-team prospect every year. It does seem that they believe that a larger investment (in, for instance, a residential academy or one that trains full-time rather than training only in the evenings) isn't worth the payoff; that one cannot produce enough silk purses from the local sows' ears to justify that.

But if you tell me that the various local clubs--all of them offering no more than 6 hours of training per week, and far weaker competition on the weekends--are better than the MLS academy, I have reason to doubt that. There are some very good coaches at the clubs, including WashT.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2286763]

If you say that TA is a worse place to learn soccer than FC Dallas Academy, or LA Galaxy's Academy, I'll agree with you. Both clubs are investing heavily in their academy--and both have large talent bases, so the investment might pay off. Timbers have the problem that the local talent pool is shallow--they are happy if they get ONE first-team prospect every year. It does seem that they believe that a larger investment (in, for instance, a residential academy or one that trains full-time rather than training only in the evenings) isn't worth the payoff; that one cannot produce enough silk purses from the local sows' ears to justify that.

But if you tell me that the various local clubs--all of them offering no more than 6 hours of training per week, and far weaker competition on the weekends--are better than the MLS academy, I have reason to doubt that. There are some very good coaches at the clubs, including WashT.
                    Timbers will be happy with one first-team prospect every five years at this rate.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2286778]

Timbers will be happy with one first-team prospect every five years at this rate.
                      They have two in the past two years (Farfan and Langsdorf). Not sure if any 99s will make it. Villegas is almost certainly good enough that he'll get a first-team deal in another year or so. Bodily has a good chance of an offer awaiting after he finishes college.

The pipeline is starting to produce.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2286793]

They have two in the past two years (Farfan and Langsdorf). Not sure if any 99s will make it. Villegas is almost certainly good enough that he'll get a first-team deal in another year or so. Bodily has a good chance of an offer awaiting after he finishes college.

The pipeline is starting to produce.
                        Not convinced Villegas will be good enough to have an impact on the first team. I’m rooting for him to do so.

Comment

because they choose to be

The academy is what it is because they choose to run the program that way.

You, we don't have a say in this. The academy isn't a community program or a non profit. It is owned solely by the Portland Timbers and they need to run it with the best interest in mind of the their highly successful organization.

There are lot of options these days outside the academy if you don't want to participate or not selected.

Comment

Prove it

Timbers youth academy is run by a bunch of puppets who are a joke (smith and sunderland) and coached by an even bigger bunch of chumps who are only focused on lining their pockets, hasson is the worst offender of the bunch and a complete hypocrite who is completely driven by the private training funds he gets tax free from parents with a wink wink side deal that little Johnny will make the team. The sad part is everyone knows it and yet chooses to turn a blind eye so they don’t ruin their own gravy train. To hell with true youth development and integrity right.....
                            you're just a sour whiner. Prove any of the above. I get that the perception doesn't look great. But I would bet you have never met the guy, never watched a session and never seen that group play.

But reality is, Hasson is not the problem at all. Everyone knows the U13 and U14 teams have no relevance to the older teams. Sunderland just going to bring kids in from out of the area. If anything, Hasson is the only one who cares about the local talent being that he is from here.

I can think of plenty of kids who have trained on the side with him and were cut. Just saying... Perception is not always reality. But I also get the perception is not great. Have you ever reached out and asked why? I'd be curious to hear that answers... Or is sitting behind the safety of anonymity and bitching the only thing you do?

Comment

Please do. Know that many of us see right through him and all you lacking posers who are just trying to make money off of people while struggling to connect A to B.
                              You're a clown.

His email is online. Write him yourself. Grow a pair. Invite him to lunch and speak your mind.

Don't act like you are making a difference or pointing out real problems. He is the last issue in the terrible academy. It starts from the top. 13/14s have little relevance to their producing pros mission.

Comment

Timbers youth academy is run by a bunch of puppets who are a joke (smith and sunderland) and coached by an even bigger bunch of chumps who are only focused on lining their pockets, hasson is the worst offender of the bunch and a complete hypocrite who is completely driven by the private training funds he gets tax free from parents with a wink wink side deal that little Johnny will make the team. The sad part is everyone knows it and yet chooses to turn a blind eye so they don’t ruin their own gravy train. To hell with true youth development and integrity right.....
                                Lets play a game.

Name players that shouldn't be there...

We all know the 05...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X