U19 State Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to TBU for posting a W with a 5-4 win over Texas North State Cup champion Solar Sawyer.

While their advancement hopes remain alive, they are on life support and the prospects look dim. The best they can hope for is a three way tie (meaning TBU wins their final game and Solar 99 Sawyer beats Cedar Stars)

Then, it will come down to the third tie-breaker Goal Differential (GD).

This is where TBU is behind the eight ball. Here is where the teams currently stand with GD:
    Cedar Stars +4
    Solar Sawyer +2
    TBU -1

TBU MUST earn the maximum GD of 4 AND Solar Sawyer must beat Cedar Stars by only 1 goal. This would set up a three way tie in points (6) and GD (+3).

The next tie breaker is least goals allowed. Again, TBU is way behind:
    Cedar Stars 2
    Solar Sawyer 5
    TBU 7

Clearly, TBU MUST have a shutout, so they must win by 4-0 or more to have a chance. Then, the other game has to be a high scoring, but 1-0, win for Solar Sawyer. TBU has to gain at least 5 on Cedar Stars, so the result has to be 6-5 (which would tie TBU & Cedar Stars at 7 GA and knock out Solar Sawyer with 10 GA) and lead to a PK shootout for advancement. A 7-6 outcome, and Hell will freeze over and TBU will advance.

As I said, their advancement hopes are on life support and the family has signed a DNR. Everything has to play out to a "T" as outlined above.

But, alas, TBU will be out of the tournament (and kicked out of their hotel) and on their way home tomorrow. Their State Cup title created an illusion of their level of play.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
      Congrats to TBU for posting a W with a 5-4 win over Texas North State Cup champion Solar Sawyer.

While their advancement hopes remain alive, they are on life support and the prospects look dim. The best they can hope for is a three way tie (meaning TBU wins their final game and Solar 99 Sawyer beats Cedar Stars)

This is where TBU is behind the eight ball. Here is where the teams currently stand with GD:
      Cedar Stars +4
      Solar Sawyer +2
      TBU -1

TBU MUST earn the maximum GD of 4 AND Solar Sawyer must beat Cedar Stars by only 1 goal. This would set up a three way tie in points (6) and GD (+3).

Cedar Stars 2
      Solar Sawyer 5
      TBU 7

Clearly, TBU MUST have a shutout, so they must win by 4-0 or more to have a chance. Then, the other game has to be a high scoring, but 1-0, win for Solar Sawyer. TBU has to gain at least 5 on Cedar Stars, so the result has to be 6-5 (which would tie TBU & Cedar Stars at 7 GA and knock out Solar Sawyer with 10 GA) and lead to a PK shootout for advancement. A 7-6 outcome, and Hell will freeze over and TBU will advance.

As I said, their advancement hopes are on life support and the family has signed a DNR. Everything has to play out to a "T" as outlined above.

But, alas, TBU will be out of the tournament (and kicked out of their hotel) and on their way home tomorrow. Their State Cup title created an illusion of their level of play.
      All this while your son is sitting at home getting fat.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        All this while your son is sitting at home getting fat.
        No, my intellectually challenged friend. My son is fit and preparing for a National Tournament. Didn't wasted his time (and my money) trying to go thru Southern Regionals just for a chance at a National Tournament.

BTW, neither "really good team" TBU nor Leg-A-Z look like they will be going to a National, not even going to play in the semifinals at the Southern Regionals. U19B State Cup was a joke and winning it was insignificant. You see it in the results at Southern Regionals. TBU had a great draw to advance and blew it. Giving up 7 goals in 2 games is not good.
        Last edited by I put my name on it; 06-23-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

No, my intellectually challenged friend. My son is fit and preparing for a National Tournament. Didn't wasted his time (and my money) trying to go thru Southern Regionals just for a chance at a National Tournament.

BTW, neither "really good team" TBU nor Leg-A-Z look like they will be going to a National, not even going to play in the semifinals at the Southern Regionals. U19B State Cup was a joke and winning it was insignificant. You see it in the results at Southern Regionals. TBU had a great draw to advance and blew it. Giving up 7 goals in 2 games is not good.
          No worries poppy , we know there is really no son lol more likely a middle aged youth referee who never made it past High School ball but can now feed his ego thru yellow cards and keyboard chats ... you keep putting your name on it poppy !

Comment

Just to be clear TBU beat the number 1 team in Region 3 and the 9th ranked team in the nation today which is higher than any team in Florida by a long shot. If they win tomorrow and Solar ties or loses they are through. Other scenarios not very good for them but they certainly didn’t embarrass themselves. Sad to see other Florida teams talk trash but not surprising.

Comment

Just to be clear TBU beat the number 1 team in Region 3 and the 9th ranked team in the nation today which is higher than any team in Florida by a long shot. If they win tomorrow and Solar ties or loses they are through. Other scenarios not very good for them but they certainly didn’t embarrass themselves. Sad to see other Florida teams talk trash but not surprising.
              Boys da? Oh 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Cedar Stars +4
                Solar Sawyer +2
                TBU -1

Cedar Stars 2
                Solar Sawyer 5
                TBU 7

Hey Asshat, I hope your mom is still brining you your meals in your basement room so that you can continue your insightful posts. We love them. By the way, TBU is through after a 5-0 win today. Love your predictions. First Hillary and now this. You are on a roll baby. Put your Asswipe name on that.

Comment

5-0 win. Mic drop

Comment

Hey " Name on it " ... Go F**k yourself and your predictions. And stop being so fixated on young men, your kinda creepy mate !

Comment

Cedar Stars +4
                      Solar Sawyer +2
                      TBU -1

Cedar Stars 2
                      Solar Sawyer 5
                      TBU 7

Where is this loser now? Hard to believe how much time this moron spends researching teams just to try and argue they suck. While it is unlikely that he even has children, let alone any that play soccer, if he does I feel sorry for them. What a pathetic little man. Good luck to TBU and all the Florida teams representing Florida at Regionals. We didn't make it but are happy to support those that did and call out this piss ant.

Comment

I am man enough to come on and admit I was wrong (unlike the anonymouse cowards).

I thought only the group winners advanced (in which case I would have been correct).

Congrats to TBU for advancing.

Comment

I am man enough to come on and admit I was wrong (unlike the anonymouse cowards).

I thought only the group winners advanced (in which case I would have been correct).

Congrats to TBU for advancing.
                          Really? You researched the tie breaker rules and summarized every, in your mind possible scenario, but didn’t know that the top 2 teams advance? Wow you are dumber than I thought. Fyi for your edification, to play quarterfinals you need 8 teams.

Oh and thanks for not being anonymous! I presume it is Dr. I put my name on it.

Comment

Really? You researched the tie breaker rules and summarized every, in your mind possible scenario, but didn’t know that the top 2 teams advance? Wow you are dumber than I thought. Fyi for your edification, to play quarterfinals you need 8 teams.

NOW...drop the Mic, bitches

Comment

Please list all the D1 colleges these tbu players are committed to? And I’m not talking about D3 schools and anyone who plans to go to University of Tampa as that obviously does not count. 😳🤔

Comment

Please list all the D1 colleges these tbu players are committed to? And I’m not talking about D3 schools and anyone who plans to go to University of Tampa as that obviously does not count. 😳🤔
                                Please list your SAT score and GPA and your most recent long jump distance so that we can include this other relevant language to the discussion as well. But listen I will cut you a break, just post your GED and I'll be impressed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X