Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Residential Summer Camp

Does anyone have any recommendation on residential summer camp for boys in OR, WA or Bay Area? My son has done the Timbers residential camp in the past and liked it, but would like to try a different university/environment. I know UP and OSU both offer residential camps. Does anyone have any experience with either program recently?

I'd love to get rid of my kid for the summer so I am interested in this too? I don't really care if the camp is any good as long as it keeps her out of my hair.

Comment

I've heard good things about the UP camp. Thinking about it for this summer. They have a lot of new, younger coaches with a lot more energy than some of the old kooks they had in the past.

Comment

One idea would be to plant contraband in her room and call the police. She gets locked up for the summer and you are free to relax, party and travel.

As long as she completes the diversion programs it shouldn't affect her ability to get into college. At least I don't think it will.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Does anyone have any recommendation on residential summer camp for boys in OR, WA or Bay Area? My son has done the Timbers residential camp in the past and liked it, but would like to try a different university/environment. I know UP and OSU both offer residential camps. Does anyone have any experience with either program recently?
          What schools interest your son? You've mentioned a whole lot of territory? How old is your son?

Comment

What schools interest your son? You've mentioned a whole lot of territory? How old is your son?
            He will be a freshman in the fall. I am not looking for any school in particular, just a location where we can drive to instead of having to fly him and a program that's well run and fun. He is a good player but not top tier so I am not really looking for something where I think he might get scouted.

Comment

He will be a freshman in the fall. I am not looking for any school in particular, just a location where we can drive to instead of having to fly him and a program that's well run and fun. He is a good player but not top tier so I am not really looking for something where I think he might get scouted.
              if one is just looking for a camp experience and can afford it, i happened to walk by the OSU camp a couple of times last summer and the kids looked like they were enjoying it, and tired in a good way, and they seem like they stay in one of the dorms (or something like that).

if you're in portland, the UP one seems like it would feel less "residential" and more like just hanging out in portland. i'm sure it's similar to OSU camp in all other respects. OSU just got a new coach, so it will be interesting to see what new ideas he brings.

Comment

if one is just looking for a camp experience and can afford it, i happened to walk by the OSU camp a couple of times last summer and the kids looked like they were enjoying it, and tired in a good way, and they seem like they stay in one of the dorms (or something like that).

if you're in portland, the UP one seems like it would feel less "residential" and more like just hanging out in portland. i'm sure it's similar to OSU camp in all other respects. OSU just got a new coach, so it will be interesting to see what new ideas he brings.
                Bump.

Comment

What camp did you pick?

Comment

Just lurking here from Washington, but my son just went (U13) for 8 days to One Soccer School (he is there now) and he checks in by imessage to me at 9:45 at night (when they are done with showers, yoga and nutrition school). He LOVES it. It is a ton of soccer and not for those who don't like soccer starting at 5:45 am wakekup and up. It is a beautiful place and although getting him there was a pain I am glad he is happy and playing lots of quality soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X