Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not the OP, but after reading all this I can now say 100% for fact that you are full of it. I personally know of an '00 who will play at a D1 school next year. I also know of an '02 who was recently contacted by two D1 schools through the club.

I am not advocating the GDA program at all, but if you are making stuff up to prove your points it won't help your argument.
    I was speaking about the younger ages that will be moving to GDA, not girls committed or nearly, and yes, IT IS MY OPINION, that no current NPL players are worthy of top level D1 or NT status, which is what this poster was implying (this time, there's been many reasons) required exposure for his D. She doesn't. I stand by that opinion. The club isn't that big. Only a few players with dads out there super excited about GDA and saying they want their princess to have the same experience he had.

Believe me, don't, whatever. Doesn't change the fact that this guy has a player who's slightly above average at SU and refuses to see that doesn't equate to a NT or Stanford player. This guy has MAYBE a DIII player that certainly doesn't need GDA and who doesn't belong in what the program is supposed to be. But deep enough wallets get you anything, I guess. I'm sure all his friends will be super impressed when he tells them all about it.

Comment

Oh Man II

Aaaah, so the agenda has slipped.

HS coach, thereby fully against DA, and club soccer overall. I get it, and don't blame you one bit.

A little transparency early on would've been good to know.
      I have coached club and HS for over 30 years in NH and NC, and most recently coached club in MA the last two years; and coach DI HS. You want transparency, here it is.

The best club team and all stars that NH could put together on the girls side right now would not compete in the clubs I have coached, so before you claim an agenda - none here. I still coach club and HS.

I am against SUSC doing GDA because they don't have the talent to compete and won't have the talent to compete at the DA level. Your boys programs at SUSC have already proven that.

GDA programs are folding all over the country due to saturation and NH, southern ME, and Northern MA won't feed enough top level players to compete at the GDA level. The NPL teams for NH are moderately competitive.

I went to the meeting for SUSC GDA night and they are selling the program and used the terms "national pool" and "scholarship" as more bait. I went to the tryouts and the talent was lacking. If a Rachel Hill, Morgan Andrews, or Gabby Brummet were there I would have a different opinion, but right now in the girls soccer world of NH there is no talent like that. We are loaded with DIII players and a sprinkling of DII and the occasional DI player. Heck - former club players of mine - sisters who played at OR - were better than any of the talent I saw at the GDA tryouts.

How's that for transparency?

Comment

You haven't learned much in 30 years of coaching.

I have coached club and HS for over 30 years in NH and NC, and most recently coached club in MA the last two years; and coach DI HS. You want transparency, here it is.

The best club team and all stars that NH could put together on the girls side right now would not compete in the clubs I have coached, so before you claim an agenda - none here. I still coach club and HS.

I am against SUSC doing GDA because they don't have the talent to compete and won't have the talent to compete at the DA level. Your boys programs at SUSC have already proven that.

GDA programs are folding all over the country due to saturation and NH, southern ME, and Northern MA won't feed enough top level players to compete at the GDA level. The NPL teams for NH are moderately competitive.

I went to the meeting for SUSC GDA night and they are selling the program and used the terms "national pool" and "scholarship" as more bait. I went to the tryouts and the talent was lacking. If a Rachel Hill, Morgan Andrews, or Gabby Brummet were there I would have a different opinion, but right now in the girls soccer world of NH there is no talent like that. We are loaded with DIII players and a sprinkling of DII and the occasional DI player. Heck - former club players of mine - sisters who played at OR - were better than any of the talent I saw at the GDA tryouts.

How's that for transparency?

Comment

Oh Man II

You haven't learned much in 30 years of coaching.
          I have forgotten more soccer than you currently know. SUSC has already shown with the boys program they can't run a quality DA program.

Comment

Again, if you led with your bias the agenda would be clear and we all could’ve just moved on

Comment

I have forgotten more soccer than you currently know. SUSC has already shown with the boys program they can't run a quality DA program.
              True that, just as USSF hasn't done much to improve the MNT after ten years of trying. Lots of smoke and mirrors with no results

Comment

True that, just as USSF hasn't done much to improve the MNT after ten years of trying. Lots of smoke and mirrors with no results
                +1.

Former HS All-Stater myself and I agree the high school model is the way to go when talking of the MNT improvements. That’s definitely the proven model.

Comment

+1.

Former HS All-Stater myself and I agree the high school model is the way to go when talking of the MNT improvements. That’s definitely the proven model.
                  Who knew they had All State dingbat teams? I presume you're connected some how with academy soccer. Well, your training and consequent product stinks. The concept is good but the amount of wasted time (travel) and piss poor training make academy a joke. Defending it with foolish shots at an institution like high school sports is testimony to the simpletons (coaches, parents, administrators, everyfreakingone) running academy soccer and assuring that the U.S. continues falling behind the rest of the world in this wonderful sport.

Comment

Who knew they had All State dingbat teams? I presume you're connected some how with academy soccer. Well, your training and consequent product stinks. The concept is good but the amount of wasted time (travel) and piss poor training make academy a joke. Defending it with foolish shots at an institution like high school sports is testimony to the simpletons (coaches, parents, administrators, everyfreakingone) running academy soccer and assuring that the U.S. continues falling behind the rest of the world in this wonderful sport.

Wow why the insults? I agree spending so much on soccer is outrageous and it hasn’t helped the MNT one bit. We have had just as much success with high school as a base as DA has. Same with any sport

Tough crowd in here.

Comment

I thin it depends on the end game. In the USA we want our kids to play in college and then get a job. There is no doubt that playing DA gives your child a better chance of getting noticed. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but HS players are a smaller fraction of recruited athletes.

Comment

Nice line, but I sincerely doubt it. Your ego is much bigger than your brain, and based on your posts you definitely do not know what you're talking about.

Comment

Nice line, but I sincerely doubt it. Your ego is much bigger than your brain, and based on your posts you definitely do not know what you're talking about.
                          That's typically how it goes. The more one types about how awesome they are - the more insecure they really are in what they are talking about.

Comment

That's typically how it goes. The more one types about how awesome they are - the more insecure they really are in what they are talking about.
                            See, now you have me picturing an overweight balding guy in his 50's with a white polo, white shorts, white socks to the knees with a hat, whistle, and clipboard telling everyone he knew Beckenbauer years ago.

Comment

See, now you have me picturing an overweight balding guy in his 50's with a white polo, white shorts, white socks to the knees with a hat, whistle, and clipboard telling everyone he knew Beckenbauer years ago.
                              Not the coach - but he makes total sense. Boys DA at SCUS has been mediocre at best. In addition, the NPL kids were notified if they made teams and there are many girls on the NPL teams who were one or two levels under NPL last year who will play next year. This is going to be interesting to see how these NPL teams will compete with watered down talent.

Comment

Not the coach - but he makes total sense. Boys DA at SCUS has been mediocre at best. In addition, the NPL kids were notified if they made teams and there are many girls on the NPL teams who were one or two levels under NPL last year who will play next year. This is going to be interesting to see how these NPL teams will compete with watered down talent.
                                Any idea if it's true that the 06 NPL team is now mostly filled with 07 players? Talk about setting them up to fail.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X