Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FC Parents constantly yell at the refs. They all might as well show up with black and white striped shirts. Bunch of idiots.
    For U-14?
    I don’t think so, at least not in my experience.
    For the most part there has been a civility at the games I’ve been to. Occasionally there will be an outlier. For instance, we had Washington Timbers at our place and there was some old dude making some noise around the halfway line. He was being a little aggressive and clearly hadn’t watched a lot of soccer. Yelled ‘take him out’ or something along those lines. I think he was a grandad just there to support his grandson. The Parents took care of it themselves.
    Otherwise, that parent group is just fine.

FC I have no complaints with. They are mostly positive, but I have seen them gripe about a call that went the other way from time to time, but no more than any other parent group.

Same for Eastside.
    If I had to pick out a group that gets vocal over referee decisions it would be Capital Timbers, but if I’m being honest, it is no where near the level of bugging me.

You sure you aren’t talking about a different age group?

Comment

For U-14?
      I don’t think so, at least not in my experience.
      For the most part there has been a civility at the games I’ve been to. Occasionally there will be an outlier. For instance, we had Washington Timbers at our place and there was some old dude making some noise around the halfway line. He was being a little aggressive and clearly hadn’t watched a lot of soccer. Yelled ‘take him out’ or something along those lines. I think he was a grandad just there to support his grandson. The Parents took care of it themselves.
      Otherwise, that parent group is just fine.

FC I have no complaints with. They are mostly positive, but I have seen them gripe about a call that went the other way from time to time, but no more than any other parent group.

Same for Eastside.
      If I had to pick out a group that gets vocal over referee decisions it would be Capital Timbers, but if I’m being honest, it is no where near the level of bugging me.

You sure you aren’t talking about a different age group?
      Just getting this thread ready for next season when the 05s become U14s

Comment

Just getting this thread ready for next season when the 05s become U14s
        Current top team is PCU. We tied TA 04s recently in scrimmage.

Comment

Current top team is PCU. We tied TA 04s recently in scrimmage.
          PCU is not the top team. 4-H is the top team in Oregon. They owned PCU all year (winning all 3 games they head to head).

Yes, You did tied TA 04s recently, but don't bank that you are at their level. Possessing like 80-20 and PCU was lucky to get the goals.

Comment

You must be confused. Only parents yelling at refs are the Timbers Lemmings and Cavemen.
            How old are you? 70s? 12? You are so obsessed with name calling. Time to chill.

Comment

This is a boys' thread. Comments like "Timbers lemming", commonly heard from FC/CU partisans over on the girls' threads, are considered stupid here.

Comment

This is a boys' thread. Comments like "Timbers lemming", commonly heard from FC/CU partisans over on the girls' threads, are considered stupid here.
                Further proof of the idiots that those clubs attract.

Comment

More like 70s going on 5.

Comment

You want to know whats stupid? Reprising a thread from 7 years ago about U14 girls and then claiming its a boys thread. Almost as stupid as most of the delusional parents on the boys 05 thread, which seems to be the same ones posting on this thread.

Comment

You want to know whats stupid? Reprising a thread from 7 years ago about U14 girls and then claiming its a boys thread. Almost as stupid as most of the delusional parents on the boys 05 thread, which seems to be the same ones posting on this thread.
                      So the 70+ year old is to blame. I knew it! He's a coach. I knew it!

Comment

I'd forgotten that boys were banned from TS prior to 2016.

My mistake.

Comment

I love how I can resurrect seven year old threads and folks keep posting in them as if they were current. The original posters who posted in this thread have seen their kids graduate from high school and likely college by now.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X