Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    A Timbers Lemming fact checking? Maybe you should do some fact checking on the negative impact the Timbers have had on youth soccer in Oregon over the last 5 years...
    Yes, it's a negative for sure for those marginalized clubs that can't adjust to their new roles, but that's why it's a negative they can't adjust. See CU and FC p.

While it Could possibly be a negative to a club, it's a positive for the development of Oregon youth players.

It's called a trade off, the club they have to suffer to lose top players while the timbers Academy gain them, but the player is the winner.

Understanding change and dealing with-it effectively has been the task of many local clubs since the Boys DA came to town. the current 2 clubs that are having conniptions over losing players and status ate merely Demonstrating the pride that comes before the fall, so be it.

The good thing is there wont be any battle locally it will be over before it started

Comment

Yes, it's a negative for sure for those marginalized clubs that can't adjust to their new roles, but that's why it's a negative they can't adjust. See CU and FC p.

While it Could possibly be a negative to a club, it's a positive for the development of Oregon youth players.

It's called a trade off, the club they have to suffer to lose top players while the timbers Academy gain them, but the player is the winner.

Understanding change and dealing with-it effectively has been the task of many local clubs since the Boys DA came to town. the current 2 clubs that are having conniptions over losing players and status ate merely Demonstrating the pride that comes before the fall, so be it.

The good thing is there wont be any battle locally it will be over before it started
      Given the poor results of the DA teams, I hope your statement about all the best boys playing for DA is hyperbole.

Comment

You made a false claim and it was fact checked to be false.

That's normal. So what.
        Your fact checked proved my point as I stated about 90% of strategies titles were won by CU or FC. The only detail you showed on the girls side was THUSC (CU), SSC (CU), and 1 non ECNL team were state champs. You would also see similar results during the OPL days, but ever since ECNL began in Oregon you can't make a comparison because the best teams are no longer participating in State playoffs

Comment

40% of top players coming out of Oregon have been from fc and cu.

70% of the national team players have been from TA clubs.

In the past 10 years the college players have all come from TA clubs. Only this last year you saw one team from cu actually have college players but that wasn't thanks to Ecnl.

Majority of top players cu and fc have they didn't develop and had to offer them reduced fees and lies to get them to leave. There is always a handful.

Just look at the struggling cu and Fcp teams. They can't win they certainly can't develop but all they have is propaganda.

Just the facts.

Comment

In the past 10 years the college players have all come from TA clubs. Only this last year you saw one team from cu actually have college players but that wasn't thanks to Ecnl.

Majority of top players cu and fc have they didn't develop and had to offer them reduced fees and lies to get them to leave. There is always a handful.

Just look at the struggling cu and Fcp teams. They can't win they certainly can't develop but all they have is propaganda.

Just the facts.
            I may be wrong but when I have seen the rosters for national team camps or national rosters I have never seen any TA girl rostered but I have seen FC and/or CU players. Prove me wrong with a roster

Comment

2016-2017 combined results.

or 3.8 wins per 14 games played average for the 10 teams.

Ballpark Cost to participate $2million dollars for the 10 teams and families combined.
              Lol. Your numbers are dubious at best. But, let's pretend for a nano second they are remotely correct. If none of YOUR money contributed to that pie in the sky number, why does it matter to YOU? If you're not spending to earn "3.8 wins per 14 games played..", why should we care what you think? Who are you trying to save? And from what?

Comment

Lol. Your numbers are dubious at best. But, let's pretend for a nano second they are remotely correct. If none of YOUR money contributed to that pie in the sky number, why does it matter to YOU? If you're not spending to earn "3.8 wins per 14 games played..", why should we care what you think? Who are you trying to save? And from what?
                I tried to make this same point in an earlier post. Spend your money wherever you want - not my business. But I guess some people feel it's appropriate to scold others for how they choose to spend their disposable income.

Comment

I tried to make this same point in an earlier post. Spend your money wherever you want - not my business. But I guess some people feel it's appropriate to scold others for how they choose to spend their disposable income.
                  Being robbed is a crime, that's why the public reaches out. Love thy neighbor.

Comment

Just the facts.

Lies. Everyone knows TA clubs haven't done anything on the girls side in this state. Boys side is a different conversation. FC, Thusc, and LO have been the dominant clubs on the girls side with individual and team success for many years. Washington Timbers can make a case, but not the other TA clubs.

The same argument you use that FC and CU haven't developed players, can be used against TA clubs. Does WSM claim Danny Mwanga and Chad Barrett as theirs? The answer is, yes, and those players were already top players prior to moving to Oregon.

Comment

Lies. Everyone knows TA clubs haven't done anything on the girls side in this state. Boys side is a different conversation. FC, Thusc, and LO have been the dominant clubs on the girls side with individual and team success for many years. Washington Timbers can make a case, but not the other TA clubs.

The same argument you use that FC and CU haven't developed players, can be used against TA clubs. Does WSM claim Danny Mwanga and Chad Barrett as theirs? The answer is, yes, and those players were already top players prior to moving to Oregon.
                      Interestingly, DM & CB came to Oregon as 14yr olds boys who kept on developing in an Oregon club. Most 14 year old boys who have played for years in the Oregon club system that get ahead of the curve with talent don't continue to develop, most hit the ceiling at 14 or 15 as they get caught up by the pack. Neither of these young men club hopped they stayed with just one club, that's the difference with the FC and CU situation where you have girls from other local clubs migrate over at 16 or 17 yrs old after a 10 years of development in Oregon, unlike your male examples whod didn't come from Oregon clubs.

It's impossible in today's current landscape to claim any girls club is dominant, based on what? Partial scholarships? Until all the clubs compete against each other it's impossible to be 'dominant'. Salmon Creek won Regionals, CU came in dead last in the ECNL. Apples and Oranges discsusion.

The wonderful thing about the current landscape is BS and opininons are all people have to offer, as their is no proving ground for the kids, which is sad.

Comment

Interestingly, DM & CB came to Oregon as 14yr olds boys who kept on developing in an Oregon club. Most 14 year old boys who have played for years in the Oregon club system that get ahead of the curve with talent don't continue to develop, most hit the ceiling at 14 or 15 as they get caught up by the pack. Neither of these young men club hopped they stayed with just one club, that's the difference with the FC and CU situation where you have girls from other local clubs migrate over at 16 or 17 yrs old after a 10 years of development in Oregon, unlike your male examples whod didn't come from Oregon clubs.

It's impossible in today's current landscape to claim any girls club is dominant, based on what? Partial scholarships? Until all the clubs compete against each other it's impossible to be 'dominant'. Salmon Creek won Regionals, CU came in dead last in the ECNL. Apples and Oranges discsusion.

The wonderful thing about the current landscape is BS and opininons are all people have to offer, as their is no proving ground for the kids, which is sad.
                        Our ECNL team recently scrimmaged Salmon Creek and we won 7-1 and the score could have been worse

Comment

Our ECNL team recently scrimmaged Salmon Creek and we won 7-1 and the score could have been worse
                          So Cal Blues? do tell the name of the club team.

Comment

So Cal Blues? do tell the name of the club team.
                            Not 7-1 but Inyx recently scrimmaged Ellertsons Salmon Creek Team and I think the score was 5-1 in favor of Onyx but that wasn't even that close and I know onyx is a year older but the score could have been double digits

Comment

Not 7-1 but Inyx recently scrimmaged Ellertsons Salmon Creek Team and I think the score was 5-1 in favor of Onyx but that wasn't even that close and I know onyx is a year older but the score could have been double digits
                              Why bring it up then?

Crossfires Ecnl team lost to GPS by a landslide last year and they are on the same age...

Onyx was 98 and developed in state. Salmoncreek is 00. That's two years.

The Ecnl teams are developing in their league and judging by how poor the players teams and stress to recruit, Ecnl is dog crap.

Comment

Forgetting Rubin who is pro from westside and Adrian is at the national team and he was all westside.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X