Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Looks like the GU19 team gathered girls from a wide variety of clubs including FC ENCL & CU ECNL. Looks like a pretty competitive list of players.

Just imagine what the other three age groups would look like if GDA allowed them to play high school like the GU19 seniors.
    Just imagine what your wife would look like if she was not 50 pounds over weight.

Comment

Looks like the GU19 team gathered girls from a wide variety of clubs including FC ENCL & CU ECNL. Looks like a pretty competitive list of players.

Just imagine what the other three age groups would look like if GDA allowed them to play high school like the GU19 seniors.
      They did not get a player from CU ECNL

Comment

Congrats to the girls on the team! For those already committed, it's a cheap option saving thousands. For those uncommitted, a nice brand name on their resume for college coaches who haven't a clue about Oregon's dysfunctional soccer. For tons of other families, they've been there, done that, saw it wasn't quality anything and moved on. Watered down talent and no one can prove otherwise. In the past couple of months FC's 00s outperformed Thorns against a CA team - a rare chance to compare. FC didn't have any 99s, but somehow, Thorns now has *the* team. Year after year, the same charade. My daughter cringed looking at the roster. She asked why, oh why, would anyone choose it (there are a few great players). Brand name for uncommitted and cheap option for committed is all I could come up with. Even as committed, some simply will not go that route ever again. To each their own and best of luck to all!

Comment

They did not get a player from CU ECNL
          One girl is from CU ecnl. She's already committed.

Comment

One girl is from CU ecnl. She's already committed.
            She played for CU ECNL 2 year ago but was impacted by birth year change and she did not make the cut this season. I don't think she played anywhere this season

Comment

She played for CU ECNL 2 year ago but was impacted by birth year change and she did not make the cut this season. I don't think she played anywhere this season
              CU reject = GDA player. Sounds about right.

Comment

CU reject = GDA player. Sounds about right.
                Try CU girls tried out and didn't make the cut. I know one that wasn't a reject.

Comment

Kids don't care. Playing for your high school isn't as important as becoming a better player. Nobody is forcing them.
                  That's too bad. I really think playing for your school is a meaningful experience. You're only young once. Why do they not allow them to play?

Comment

That's too bad. I really think playing for your school is a meaningful experience. You're only young once. Why do they not allow them to play?
                    Because there are very few high schools that offer quality training and the risk of injury in high school from that mixed level of play increases risk of injury.

Comment

Try CU girls tried out and didn't make the cut. I know one that wasn't a reject.
                      CU and FCP ECNL bench players tried out for GDA. Some made it and some were cut. GDA bench players tried out for CU and FCP. Some made it and some were cut. It's called the Benchwarmer Shuffle and it's the only meaningful movement that happened this year.

Comment

Because there are very few high schools that offer quality training and the risk of injury in high school from that mixed level of play increases risk of injury.
                        The memories of representing your community or pulling on your school jersey are great and all but it sidelines you from the bigger picture of getting better at soccer. You can always create memories and play with friends after you get into your 20's.

Comment

I think that is BS answer. Players get hurt! Our team had its fair share of serious knee injuries - a total of 8 ACLs to 5 different players and only 1 occurred during HS. In my opinion it was because of the crazy parents that pushed too much (no rest, overtrain, get back too soon)

Comment

I think that is BS answer. Players get hurt! Our team had its fair share of serious knee injuries - a total of 8 ACLs to 5 different players and only 1 occurred during HS. In my opinion it was because of the crazy parents that pushed too much (no rest, overtrain, get back too soon)
                            The no rest happens a lot with ECNL players. No breaks. ECNL and HS roll into one another and add to that some of those girls also do ODP. It's crazy. At least with GDA there are mandatory breaks and training is consistent.

Comment

CU and FCP ECNL bench players tried out for GDA. Some made it and some were cut. GDA bench players tried out for CU and FCP. Some made it and some were cut. It's called the Benchwarmer Shuffle and it's the only meaningful movement that happened this year.
                              Isn't that the only meaningful movement every year? Try outs are over. Good luck to all the girls & teams going forward. It's nice our girls have so many options and paths they can take.

Comment

You mean meaningful for you-nothing like living vicariously through your kid.

Only young once and making one's own choice-not yours.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X