Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Who cares about the scoring lead? This is a development-focused league, not the Premier League. Many reasons exist why crude stats of this sort may not reflect ability.
    Dad/Mom, we live in a world that praises goals, and those goals have to be scored by boys on the team. Who else is gonna do it? You? Those goal scorers have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the scoring list to be taken down and you curse the op who made it. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing how to compile such a list, and that that list, while maybe inaccurate, probably is some people's life. And it's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, feeds conversation! You don't want that list, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want your boy on that list. You need your boy on that list. We use words like "boot ball", "battering ram", "punting". We use these words as the backbone trying to justify and rationalize the list. You use them as excuses for your son's name not being there. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain the list to a man who rises and sleeps under the very anonymity that this forum provides, and then questions the manner in which the list is posted! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you create your own list, and post it. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Comment

Dad/Mom, we live in a world that praises goals, and those goals have to be scored by boys on the team. Who else is gonna do it? You? Those goal scorers have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the scoring list to be taken down and you curse the op who made it. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing how to compile such a list, and that that list, while maybe inaccurate, probably is some people's life. And it's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, feeds conversation! You don't want that list, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want your boy on that list. You need your boy on that list. We use words like "boot ball", "battering ram", "punting". We use these words as the backbone trying to justify and rationalize the list. You use them as excuses for your son's name not being there. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain the list to a man who rises and sleeps under the very anonymity that this forum provides, and then questions the manner in which the list is posted! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you create your own list, and post it. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!
      I don't object to the list being posted, I just think it's pointless.

Comment

Please post who is able to get the ball in the net past an 11 or 12 year 5ft GK. That's really noteworthy. Here, Here.

Comment

Please post who is able to get the ball in the net past an 11 or 12 year 5ft GK. That's really noteworthy. Here, Here.
          Coaches put the most talented scorers up front, most talented mids in the middle, and most talented defenders in the back. The list represents the finishers who can put the ball in the back of the net but it is based upon the hard work if those behind them. It shouldn't be a surprise that the top teams have the top scorers and it doesn't mean that these strikers are carrying the teams on their back. It means that the most well rounded teams with good strikers are gonna be more successful. You can have a good striker but if the team cannot get the ball beyond midfield, they won't be at the to of the list. View the list as a team accomplishment. If your son is a mid/defender/goalie your team is winning, and your striker is at or near the top, take pride.

Comment

I do not normally post, but damnit this was brilliant. I actually laughed out loud. Thank you Colonel Nathan R Jessup!

Comment

I do not normally post, but damnit this was brilliant. I actually laughed out loud. Thank you Colonel Nathan R Jessup!
              Classic! It had me laughing too. This was great. Now I know what movie I am going to watch this weekend.

Comment

You can't HANDLE the boots!

Comment

Now that we know who ordered the Code Red, time for some predictions:

WT 4, ET 0
                  Crossfire 2, BSC 1
                  FC 3, WashT 2
                  4H 3, Bend 1
                  4H 2 GPS 2
                  Bend 2, ETFC 1

Comment

WT 4, ET 0
                    Crossfire 2, BSC 1
                    FC 3, WashT 2
                    4H 3, Bend 1
                    4H 2 GPS 2
                    Bend 2, ETFC 1
                    FC over WashT!
                    You gotta be smokin crack!

Comment

WT 4, ET 0
                      Crossfire 2, BSC 1
                      FC 3, WashT 2
                      4H 3, Bend 1
                      4H 2 GPS 2
                      Bend 2, ETFC 1
                      Crossfire / BSC? Are you smoking crack?

Comment

Crossfire / BSC? Are you smoking crack?
                        Drinking beer.

First two games were 1-0 and 0-1, with BSC winning the first and Crossfire winning the rematch. Given that both teams are effective at putting points on the board, two one-goal games is a bit of a surprise.

Comment

This is all soccer under water and painful to watch

Comment

This is all soccer under water and painful to watch
                            then don't

Comment

Girls '01 is about to crack a cool mil... but have no fear, we're out pacing them. If we all stick together we will hold the crown one day when their daughters are about to graduate college. I know we can do this team!

Comment

Girls '01 is about to crack a cool mil... but have no fear, we're out pacing them. If we all stick together we will hold the crown one day when their daughters are about to graduate college. I know we can do this team!
                                They're mainly arguing about who played fourth in OYSA a couple years ago, and making rude remarks about Gresham. Lame!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X