X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fos

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    what do you think happens in Rome for example? Smaller/regional clubs develop kids. They are spotted by Roma or Lazio. And they move on. They are not developed from tiny tots by Roma or Lazio. That's usually not how it works. There's nothing wrong with this system. When you say "development" what do you mean??? Cones and drills. You can go on coachup for that. The bigger clubs put together talent and teach them team based tactics and play. That's also how Inter Miami will work. Stop bashing and realize that "development" is a journey and different clubs can contribute different things.
    Your response is an FOS response - it is an excuse for the in adequacy of the training and the devotion to development. When talent is attracted, that talent should be developed. It should not be the case that 90% of the players recruited to join, turn out to not be good enough to be competitive even on the Premier side. That happens, it seems like, every year. clear implication is that there is something lacking and it is not the players. The same is not true with these other clubs. They bring the players in who they’ve identified as being talented with potential and… Listen for it… They actually develop most of those players So that they are better than most of the general soccer playing population. Unfortunately, that is just not true of your club. And it is not the fault of some coaches-and is not the fault of the players. It is the fault of the system rewarding coaches who don’t know what the hell they’re doing and who are employed and given positions of trust and responsibility solely because they paid to go to a course to get a B license. And before you say anything, we all know that it takes a lot of time to get a B license. But that’s it-time and money.

So, continue making excuses for the terrible results obtained by some of your coaches, where those results do not change in subsequent years. Continue to justify why the club practice is shut down for the month of May even though there still is a tournament at the end of May-solely to host glorified tryouts throughout the entire month. And I am sure that you have fabulous reasons as to why players in the club are selected for higher teams only to be moved down on the date of the team’s first meeting to make room for new players - after it is too late for some of those players to go to other clubs and to provide an incentive for lower-level players to join the club because they have been promised a spot on a higher level team.

There is no excuse for that kind of approach-that kind of behavior-that kind of callous disregard to your existing players and members of the club. It is beyond poor and cannot be justified.

So, continue to make comparisons to other clubs and other parts of the world where those comparisons simply do not hold water. Continue to make excuses for why your coaches underperform or at least the team seem to underperform for those coaches every year. Continue to blame the players and the children that trust Weston to teach them how to play properly and to help them grow as a player, physically and strategically. Why not blame those children rather than the own inadequacies exhibited by the staff and the system. And it is humerus to listen to coaches and people with positions of authority in your club comment on how players were not selected to your Academy and who amazingly and miraculously got a lot better training elsewhere, at places like La Academia and Deportivo. They seem to be surprised that those kids developed and got better. They are surprised because they themselves do not know how to coach the kids.

But OK. I am sure you are right and that all of those other well-known highly regarded clubs bring in players and fail to turn most of them into players that are better than the general soccer player population. I am sure most of their players begin losing to many other clubs badly after those players join those “elite” clubs. Yes, you are probably right and that successful clubs are unable to develop the young talent they recruit.

Comment

Your response is an FOS response - it is an excuse for the in adequacy of the training and the devotion to development. When talent is attracted, that talent should be developed. It should not be the case that 90% of the players recruited to join, turn out to not be good enough to be competitive even on the Premier side. That happens, it seems like, every year. clear implication is that there is something lacking and it is not the players. The same is not true with these other clubs. They bring the players in who they’ve identified as being talented with potential and… Listen for it… They actually develop most of those players So that they are better than most of the general soccer playing population. Unfortunately, that is just not true of your club. And it is not the fault of some coaches-and is not the fault of the players. It is the fault of the system rewarding coaches who don’t know what the hell they’re doing and who are employed and given positions of trust and responsibility solely because they paid to go to a course to get a B license. And before you say anything, we all know that it takes a lot of time to get a B license. But that’s it-time and money.

So, continue making excuses for the terrible results obtained by some of your coaches, where those results do not change in subsequent years. Continue to justify why the club practice is shut down for the month of May even though there still is a tournament at the end of May-solely to host glorified tryouts throughout the entire month. And I am sure that you have fabulous reasons as to why players in the club are selected for higher teams only to be moved down on the date of the team’s first meeting to make room for new players - after it is too late for some of those players to go to other clubs and to provide an incentive for lower-level players to join the club because they have been promised a spot on a higher level team.

There is no excuse for that kind of approach-that kind of behavior-that kind of callous disregard to your existing players and members of the club. It is beyond poor and cannot be justified.

So, continue to make comparisons to other clubs and other parts of the world where those comparisons simply do not hold water. Continue to make excuses for why your coaches underperform or at least the team seem to underperform for those coaches every year. Continue to blame the players and the children that trust Weston to teach them how to play properly and to help them grow as a player, physically and strategically. Why not blame those children rather than the own inadequacies exhibited by the staff and the system. And it is humerus to listen to coaches and people with positions of authority in your club comment on how players were not selected to your Academy and who amazingly and miraculously got a lot better training elsewhere, at places like La Academia and Deportivo. They seem to be surprised that those kids developed and got better. They are surprised because they themselves do not know how to coach the kids.

But OK. I am sure you are right and that all of those other well-known highly regarded clubs bring in players and fail to turn most of them into players that are better than the general soccer player population. I am sure most of their players begin losing to many other clubs badly after those players join those “elite” clubs. Yes, you are probably right and that successful clubs are unable to develop the young talent they recruit.
      it sounds like you are sore over baby soccer results on a pre-academy team. it begins to count u13 or u14. i am not defending anything about 08s and i have not seen the 08s play. all i know is that there are clubs that are appropriate for every level. this was my point. if your kid is a top player at 14 or 15, you will want him to be looked at by the best club, and you will not care about what happened as a u11.

Comment

it sounds like you are sore over baby soccer results on a pre-academy team. it begins to count u13 or u14. i am not defending anything about 08s and i have not seen the 08s play. all i know is that there are clubs that are appropriate for every level. this was my point. if your kid is a top player at 14 or 15, you will want him to be looked at by the best club, and you will not care about what happened as a u11.
        No, mine is an ‘05 but I am tired of seeing poor suckers fall for this year after year.

Comment

most players that i have seen join weston DA are a year or two after joining much better players. is this not "development"? on the premier side, at the ages you are discussing, you need to understand that on average 1 or 2 pre-academy kids get promoted. no more. you probably knew the odds going in and signed up anyways. if your kid is not progressing in pre-academy, just leave. dont get all upset about it; it's just kids soccer.

Comment

why do you care so much. jesus, just take your son to practice and make him better

Comment

No, mine is an ‘05 but I am tired of seeing poor suckers fall for this year after year.
              well, i assumed differently, given the thread topic.

ok, i get it, but your kid is unfortunately in a loaded year for weston. if your kid is in black or white, and one of the top players on either team, stay patient and maybe other opportunities will come. the negativity is not good for your kid. stay positive.

Comment

Thx

well, i assumed differently, given the thread topic.

ok, i get it, but your kid is unfortunately in a loaded year for weston. if your kid is in black or white, and one of the top players on either team, stay patient and maybe other opportunities will come. the negativity is not good for your kid. stay positive.

Thx but we moved North, out of this state, not too long ago. Better soccer, less stupid political crap, real coaching, no favoritism towards kids with a non-English speaking accent..and, we are better than Weston, with a better track record of placement. I think it is good that people are educated about the poor job some coaches are allowed to get away with there. It is not worth it. Our Academy will give you a legitimate look and properly train you if we think you are good enough to join us. Our philosophy is, why the hell wouldn’t we train our players? Ok, maybe not a philosophy as much as it is our idea of common sense.

Comment

my weston team plays team soccer, so you can just eat shˇt and die
                  No Weston team plays soccer speedy Gonzalez’, you’re all more concerned with the latest Neymar skill or trick.

Comment

okay toto face

Comment

It was 3-1. They have talented kids, they just don't place them in the right positions.
                      Who gives a flying f**k about "right positions". At this age kids should play multiple positions. I can't believe the number of idiots on this board who think they know sh*t about soccer but want 4th and 5th graders to specialize in positions.

This is what is wrong with US Soccer. The retarded notion that a pre-pubescent player can be identified and thus shouldn't be taught all the various aspects of the sport. That starting left back on a U11 team might have had the chance to be a world class mid or forward but got left behind because all they learned during their prime developmental period was how to play fullback because it helped their meaningless youth team win.

God help us all.

Comment

You got it all wrong man.
                        Deportivo has a uefa A license coach, that clearly knows what he is doing.
                        I don’t think Weston has any coach at the club that has the experience and the license that Coach Diego has.
                        On the other hand Jose Luis is doing a fantastic jobs with the boys.
                        U12’s lose a lot with this UEFA Coach. Maybe because there is no “Leon” on that team... LOL!

Comment

Im very happy Deportivo parents are happy. good for them.

Comment

So with no U12 DA next year, all the best players will be playing rec tournaments?

Comment

Who gives a flying f**k about "right positions". At this age kids should play multiple positions. I can't believe the number of idiots on this board who think they know sh*t about soccer but want 4th and 5th graders to specialize in positions.

This is what is wrong with US Soccer. The retarded notion that a pre-pubescent player can be identified and thus shouldn't be taught all the various aspects of the sport. That starting left back on a U11 team might have had the chance to be a world class mid or forward but got left behind because all they learned during their prime developmental period was how to play fullback because it helped their meaningless youth team win.

God help us all.
                              You hit the nail in the head.

As you can see by this thread, most parents are clueless. Sad Sad situation we're in.

Comment

DA is rec also. Sorry.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X